Hi all,

Muzza

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New to this, Just got myself a starter kit, Which consists of a H&K UMP 45 Two tone, With a reflex sight , FWD grip. Uprated battery , uprated mags with dummy bullets. I was a bit annoyed with the fact the outer barrel is plastic. So i bought a metal outer barrel with a 8" silencer combo.

Cheers.

Muzza

post-11528-0-55302500-1434385460_thumb.jpg

post-11528-0-96251400-1434385468_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

I'm trying to sus out the dimensions of the inner barrel. Stock is 200mm and i want 300mm as the silencer will allow this. However im not sure on bore width??

Muzza

• Supporters

just go with a 6.02 or 6.03 mm bore

I actually think a decent 6.05 or a 6.08 is generally better. Tried pretty much every decent barrel out there and found pdi 6.05/6.08 or an orga 6.13/6.23 out perform tightbore barrels. I think the whole tightbore thing is a bit of a myth unless used in a dmr or sniper rifle.

Guest PT247

Have tried a 6.20mm WBB on my GHK G5 (with disastrous consequences due to my HPA set up) and with great success in my PTS RM4 ERG. I like the idea of WBBs, but in reality I got not real noticable difference than with a 6.03 barrel. Possibly in a sniper it would be more noticeable. In my RM4 I was able to hit a 4" target pretty consistently at 35m with both WBB and TBB.

Am I right in thinking WBB aren't even sold over here? And they're pretty expensive anyway. Get a 6.03. The closest correct length barrel should be sold as a 300mm or 267mm (usually 267mm is for used for 10.5" outer barrel M4s but in reality they're longer, closer to 300)

• Supporters

Am I right in thinking WBB aren't even sold over here? And they're pretty expensive anyway. Get a 6.03. The closest correct length barrel should be sold as a 300mm or 267mm (usually 267mm is for used for 10.5" outer barrel M4s but in reality they're longer, closer to 300)

You can get orga widebores from Socom Tactical and quite a few places sell laylax ones. I wouldn't use a widebore in that gun anyway you lose a lot of fps and have work on your box to get it back.

I would go for a 6.05 like the one linked below.

http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/1340/s/laylax-prometheus-returner-6-05mm-bc-bright-barrel-300mm/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.