Essex airsoft scene

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Awesome. If drew stet and stevil can pm me loadouts, location, regular site etc. Then I'll hve a flick through when I'm home tomorrow :D

Dont know if anyone else was there today, but at billericay the day wasn't great tbh. Quite a lot of non hit taking and generally bad sportsmanship. After this the plantation is definitely where we will be going next time

Do I have to notify Skirmish Billericy if I'll be attending this weekend or can I just turn up? It will be my first airsoft skirmish so I feel ill probably need to tell them

It's always wise to book in advance as it gives the site an idea of how many will be attending so they provide marshalls to cover everyone

No point having 2 marshalls for 200 people for example

Do I have to notify Skirmish Billericy if I'll be attending this weekend or can I just turn up? It will be my first airsoft skirmish so I feel ill probably need to tell them

if youre renting then you have to book the gun hire, but if youre not you just turn up :)

Finally! Visited airsoft plantation today, after last weekend being rather bad at billericay, as i believe i mentioned.

Plantation... wow. It was such a great day, the games were much better than the usual ones and the use of vehicles in them really adds something. It is a step above the standard skirmish and at £22 its not too expensive either. Yes, £7 more than skirmish but its definitely well spent. Ill write here or in the sites section tomorrow a better review etc but i would recommend visiting!

Im in Essex looking for different sites to try out. At the moment we haven't ventured from billericay and while it's a good site we want to try others out. I know a bit about dragons lair and hope to go soon. Has anyone been to or know anything about airsoft plantation Gunsmoke or Colchester bunker 39 Or recommend other sites(Yes I've looked at websites and fb but want real experience)

Specifically:

Price

General review

Attitude to u18

Fps limits

Safe zone facilities

Thanks

The 2 main sites that I play at are awa herts and red 1 CQB. Awa herts is the most friendly and well organised sites that are around in my opinion. They have a on site tech guy who will sort out any problems for you. They allow you to use grenade/ smokes etc. they even have a small shop where you can buy different grenades, smokes,bbs and gloves ( you have to be over 18 to buy them but not use them). Their playing site is huge! To get to the other side of the site which used to be a paintball site it is a good 5-10 minute walk. The FPS limit for AEGs is 360fps and for snipers who are over 18 it is 500 with a minimum engagement distance.

Red 1 CQB is a old school and it is a really good cbq site. There are many different rooms that you have to clear tactically over 3 floors. It also has 2 out side playgrounds where most games start. Last time I went a guy pretty much brought a whole shop to the site where he sold different gear and gun accessories. Red 1 is also a airsoft shop so they bring brand new guns that you can buy.

In my opinion I think that dragons lair is such a bad site that I will never go again lol. It is only 2 playing areas that are not that big and after a couple of hours it gets really boring so I wouldn't recommend it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, anyone going to Skirmish Billericay on the 26th? It's my first skirmish and myself and Drewster will be attending!

Hi all, anyone going to Skirmish Billericay on the 26th? It's my first skirmish and myself and Drewster will be attending!

Hell yeah we are!!! Checked all my gear last night, oiled, greased and charges!

Time to rock & roll!

I think it's funny that SAB have only just started requiring their players to play with locked setups.

My Team left them because players where shooting hot, and the marshalls were doing sod all. 350FPS with a .28? Yeah thats not illegal...

Anyway, heads up for Skirmish new rules.

AEG - 350FPS. with .2

DMR - 365 FPS with .2 (Quick note, they will not accept custom made DMRs, they need to be factory made DMR, of which there are 3? in existance, this is at the behest of the Site owner) They do not appear to allow DMR's anymore.

Sniper - 400FPS with .2

MED for DMR / Sniper is 30m.

PolarStars need to be "Tournament Locked", meaning you can't change it mid game and you're not allowed the tools in the play area to do so.

Have fun, and let me know how they run it.

I'm at Billericay this Sunday. It's my first game in ages since my boy was born.

Congratulations, may you be showered in BB's on Sunday!

I am also from the Essex area, just finished getting all my kit together. Will currently be renting a main weapon until I get my ukara, I took the alternative route of buying a side arm first.

I am attending Epsom this Wednesday evening (29th) it's about a hour and 15 min drive from me but looks promising as a CQB site

I am also from the Essex area, just finished getting all my kit together. Will currently be renting a main weapon until I get my ukara, I took the alternative route of buying a side arm first.

I am attending Epsom this Wednesday evening (29th) it's about a hour and 15 min drive from me but looks promising as a CQB site

Were you in airsoft zone last Tuesday??? I think I was chatting to you and your mate while I was there.

Ohh wicked thanks for the offer! If you ever see a big ginger bearded man there with a two tone M4 come say hi haha! I'm not too fussed about team balancing aslong as I get a few kills or do some objectives I'll be happy !

I'm seeing everyone now we're you there on Sunday Ellzzg? I'm sure you were on the next table along!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.