Essex airsoft scene

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im in Essex looking for different sites to try out. At the moment we haven't ventured from billericay and while it's a good site we want to try others out. I know a bit about dragons lair and hope to go soon. Has anyone been to or know anything about airsoft plantation Gunsmoke or Colchester bunker 39 Or recommend other sites(Yes I've looked at websites and fb but want real experience)

Specifically:

Price

General review

Attitude to u18

Fps limits

Safe zone facilities

Thanks

Bunker 39 had to move from their previous site in Colchester because of some issues with the local residents and Ive lost track of what they are up to now.

AWA isnt bad but they are in Sawbridgeworth technically just across the border. There is a review on here I believe.

Yes the guy that runs Bunker is ex REME and owns the shop which sells outdoor gear, airsoft and rents kit.

The airsoft site was an additional activity but there have been changes in staff etc after their original site had to close. I did hear that they were doing CQB on the MOD site occasionally.

Ive got a mate who comes to our milsims who lives in that part of the world and knows the scene quite well.

Right thanks for that. Had considered one of the okto eight milsims but will have to wait until one of us can drive(even more possibilities then :) ) awa seems to be similar to the usual woodland and is a bit far so may skip that for now. Shame about that lack of cqb sites too

Yes we played the last two games at Kings Langley at J20 on the M25 but the next two; August and January will at the other site at Eversley which is just a little way down the M3 and even further from Colchester.

My Colchester mates cant make the next one as they have a mates wedding but Im sure they will be there in January.

Yeah just unfortunately have to wait a few months until one of us can drive, but will hopefully attend one day.

We are specifically interested in airsoft plantation also in billericay if anyone has information about that one.

I've not been to 39 in a long time, was planning on going next weekend but unfortunately I'm on holiday then, it is still being run regularly though. But as I've not been to the mod site, can't comment on its current form.

Another good local site is Raw war Airsoft which is held at tendring paintball extreme. Normally gets 50-60 people, is very well run and as long as you don't mind a bit of paint the place has a pretty awesome setup (does milsim lite + normal days). Last time I went the sportsmanship was excellent, no moaning at all, game only had to be stopped once because a guy got stung by a wasp.

Just make sure you wear the right camo-shirt;

article-0-1D91FB5100000578-248_634x934.j

39 is good I played last month and had a great time!

I'm looking at forming a team if your are interested Ginge?

Yeah might look to visit at some point. where is it actually located? Also can you tell me about the price and game dates? Thanks

Yeah might look to visit at some point. where is it actually located? Also can you tell me about the price and game dates? Thanks

It's actually located on Fingerinhoe Ranges, last time we used the shooting houses.

It costs £25 with own kit and £45 with rentals! They also have a portable shop where you can buy all your essentials.

If you like their Facebook page they post the dates of the games on there! The next one is the 28th I believe!

Hope that helps!

It's actually located on Fingerinhoe Ranges, last time we used the shooting houses.

It costs £25 with own kit and £45 with rentals! They also have a portable shop where you can buy all your essentials.

If you like their Facebook page they post the dates of the games on there! The next one is the 28th I believe!

Hope that helps!

Does sound good not bad price either. Do you need to book or just turn up on the day?

Does sound good not bad price either. Do you need to book or just turn up on the day?

I believe you need to book...however I do remember some people just turning up on the day!

I'm going to be there on the 28th. Anyone need a lift from colchester?

Hi, I'm also new to airsoft, I have got myself a two tone M4 that's never been skirmishes along with myself and I've been looking into Skirmish Billericy and just wanted to know what it's like there as I believe they host games weekly.

It's nice to see an airsoft Essex thread as I'm from Romford and also drive!

Hi, I'm also new to airsoft, I have got myself a two tone M4 that's never been skirmishes along with myself and I've been looking into Skirmish Billericy and just wanted to know what it's like there as I believe they host games weekly.

It's nice to see an airsoft Essex thread as I'm from Romford and also drive!

Yeah it is good! Essex seems to be a good place for Airsoft...although we seems to be lacking in Inside venues...

Yeah it is good! Essex seems to be a good place for Airsoft...although we seems to be lacking in Inside venues...

There is an inside venue just outside of Southend, however their FPS limit is 280 i think. So it's a little silly.

As for the site itself, i've not actually been there.

I think Bunker51 is the closest indoor CQB for South Essex, Although Epsom tunnels are only 2 hours away!

Hi Drewster, can you tell me more about the site please as I've only watched YouTube clips and viewed the website so is like an outside opinion. I've been following airsoft for a very long time but it would be my first skirmish so is like to know how well they approach new players. For someone who would be coming alone id like to know if it's easy to 'gear up and go'

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.