[FIXED] Dirt in a gas pistol..

CommonComrade

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some arsehole managed to get dirt in all the internals of my glock. Any ways to remove the dirt? My slide won't cycle properly or stay locked.

• Supporters

Take at least the slide off, use high pressure water then plenty of silicone spray to remove the water then high pressure air to clean the silicone out, and then regrease it. Ideally.

When I dropped my 1911 in sand I just used a lot of silicone then air duster then regreasing.

Or strip it down to its components and clean each one individually and resilicon and put it back together again. Everyone with a gas pistol needs to get down to the inner barrel, hop unit outer barrel and slide off stage for cleaning after each game anyway.

I'd get the vaseline out if I was you. Being petroleum based it might eat into your seals. Even if it doesn't it's nasty stuff once it gets dirt in it, will probably cause jams rather than lubricate it lol!

Definitely should not ever be vaseline in your gun. Silicon sure, thin oils maybe but other than that nothing else needs to be in there. No idea what harm it will do, but its not the right material for a GBB pistol for greasing anything.

• Supporters

I'd get the vaseline out if I was you. Being petroleum based it might eat into your seals. Even if it doesn't it's nasty stuff once it gets dirt in it, will probably cause jams rather than lubricate it lol!

Could of been worse he could of said KY jelly that would have definitely raised some eyebrows.

• 2 weeks later...

Majority of Vaseline is out. Can't get the little areas... Would compressed air do anything or should I wash it?

if you've got an air compressor it might be strong enough to dislodge it, i don't know if a spray can would be strong enough. try washing it out, if not try silicon spray to dilute it, then the compressed air?

• Supporters

If you have a compressor - not just air duster - then wash it in very soapy hot water first. Submerge it brush it, etc. Then remove the water with the compressor and then relube it.

If you have a compressor - not just air duster - then wash it in very soapy hot water first. Submerge it brush it, etc. Then remove the water with the compressor and then relube it.

Not properly compressed. So should I just hand dry it?

Why did you put Vaseline in there? Don't do that again, heh.

It's a long story involving my friend and him 'knowing all about gbb pistols'

Could of been worse he could of said KY jelly that would have definitely raised some eyebrows.

You kid, but having actually done it before, I can safely say KY does work..not explaining why it was used. Not a chance in hell.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.