10km run

Mtemprell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi my local area is doing a 10k run and I was thinking on doing in kit as I'd be running for help for hero's. I was wondering is it possible to contact the police and the organisers to get permission to carry a rif. If not it will just be wearing kit for me.

possible yes, probable no

maybe you could get away with carrying half a gun, if anyone asks say it melted and fell apart in the desert

Buy a proper toy gun, the ones that cost about a fiver

It won't be a rif but it'll give the same aspect of what your trying to achieve

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

You need to realise just how ignorant of guns people are in the UK, there's no real way to put it in to words. You would without a doubt have the armed response bearing down in you in minutes regardless of contacting the police in advance or anything like that.

Honestly, from the experiences I've had working around even cadets and reservists (who actually do have a little bit of training and experience, unlike joe civvie who has none), you might well encounter problems if you turned up with a bright yellow super soaker while also wearing airsoft kit. Many people are literally that fckn retarded when it comes to these things, I'm really not exaggerating.

In reality you probably wouldn't get permission from the Police, especially considering the current threat level to the UK: https://www.mi5.gov.uk/home/the-threats/terrorism/threat-levels.html

My advice; wear some kit trousers and a Help for Heroes t-shirt... that way you are in some gear but promoting which charity you are running and raising money for - keeps it simple and avoids any unnecessary unpleasantness.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.