Help. Member for AFUK

bhunterism

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You not got any tracking info ???

daft question but thought I'd ask the obvious

most "couriers" have tracking - Parcel Pete / UK Mail etc... were always great when ever I've sent various stuff in the past

perhaps a mod might be able to contact you and discuss/look into it a bit more

(soz mod(s) adding more stuff on ya plate)

hopefully if Royal Mail std parcels or something - hopefully it may turn up Monday or early next week

but always best I have learned is to send stuff tracked whenever possible

hope it sorts itself out - think we are a decent lot on here - well long standing ones (no offense to new members)

but we have had the odd scammers selling junk or sending sweet FA from time to time

No annoyingly this was the first time I sent it standard First Class delivery. I have proof of postage but that doesn't. It would be nice if Royal Mail would provide me with some information considering its logged and tagged/given a barcode when its given to Postie you arrange it with!

Like I said I'm just checking it out, Z1 is also a good bunch, just the wary of selling to 0 feeback users.

• Root Admin

Never ever ever send anything worth over £30 to a buyer without tracking information. I really hope you can find him.

I mean, if he is a legitimate scammer then bear in mind that PayPal don't provide buyer protection for airsoft guns, so he won't be able to charge back.

• Supporters

The possibility that immediately springs to mind is that the postal service has seized the package, as has happened quite a lot with GBB pistol sales in recent times. Gas containers are on the prohibited items list for sending through the post and they've been cracking down on gas mags for airsoft. Did you send it via the post office? If so, there's very much a chance they've taken both the gun and the mag as for some reason they have this horrendously shitty policy of taking (and eventually destroying) everything in a package that includes a gas mag, even though there's nothing wrong with sending the RIF itself.

• Root Admin

I was under the impression that this was only gas containers that were filled with gas (gas that that wasn't air as your usual pressure, that is). How on earth they can know when it's above 1 bar by looking at it is beyond me, and that makes me think they've just started ditching everything that looks like it could contain something compressed.

• Supporters

That is exactly what they do, I know people who've had pistols seized and destroyed along with their mags even when said mag was utterly emptied out. If it can contain gas at pressure, you're taking a risk sending it.

Might not be the situation in this case ofc, but it's a definite possibility.

Zero in forum has quite a thread on GBBs being seized. Gas mags are classed as pressurized vessels whether they have gas in or not,or even valves as far as RM/Parcelfarce are concerned. They will usually get through by surface mail within UK though.

For the extra pence it costs always send via tracked/signed delivery, and for rifs put the buyers UKARA no. in the address panel.

Sorry to OP not heard of the guy, hope you can get it sorted.

• Supporters

If the gun was sent by standard 1st class post that may be why it was seized. RM rules for rifs states 1st class signed for as a minimum requirement.

No annoyingly this was the first time I sent it standard First Class delivery. I have proof of postage but that doesn't. It would be nice if Royal Mail would provide me with some information considering its logged and tagged/given a barcode when its given to Postie you arrange it with!

I'm a Royal Mail PPI customer so things are a little different for me but unless I'm mistaken you have to pay extra for either "signed for" or "tracked" (both are different) otherwise your parcel won't get logged or tagged. What was the value of the transaction if you don't mind me asking and when did you send it out?

One thing you could do is give his local sorting office a call and ask politely if they have it in their stores or if someone collected it (not 100% sure they give out the last part but worth a shot).

Paying £1.10 for Signed For doesn't ensure you won't be ripped off and won't insure you for more than £20, but at least it gives you some protection against possible scammers

Hope you get it sorted though buddy :-)

• 1 month later...

Just clarifying the situation here sorry for the slight necro post. I'm JR0210 on Zeroin and we've sent messages back and forth after this situation the gun was seized by royal mail just making sure no one gets the idea I'm a scammer :P

I managed to receive a GBB gun with gas/co2 mags and a few Co2 cylinders today - ParcelPete/IPostParcels don't seem to kick up a fuss about it. I've used them for my airsoft related deals, and they haven't had any problems with contents (even with 'RIF and accessories' or whatever in the description). Definitely wouldn't use RM. Good to see your situation has been resolved to the best it could.

Just clarifying the situation here sorry for the slight necro post. I'm JR0210 on Zeroin and we've sent messages back and forth after this situation the gun was seized by royal mail just making sure no one gets the idea I'm a scammer :P

When you say, seized, you mean stolen subject to terms of service use? Was it returned?

When you say, seized, you mean stolen subject to terms of service use? Was it returned?

He sent me a message on the 2nd of July saying he had a letter saying RM disposed of it, he refunded me and I was hoping he'd get his money back too or at least some compensation no idea if he's had anything since then

• Supporters

I can vouch to some point for Mr Pink, the WE XDM he bought was from me and I posted it but not via RM as their current policy is to cease all RIFs and destroy them. Mr Pink was decent, told me when I arrived (I had tracking info anyway) but he still did. If it's been sent via RM with no info of the sender or person receiving it they cannot contact you to say it's been held.

• Supporters

RM as their current policy is to cease all RIFs and destroy them

Any other link/info on this? Their site currently says the following:

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Prohibited-Goods

"Weapons:

Including Section 5 firearms (e.g. handguns, machine guns), CS gas and pepper sprays, flick knives,and other knives that are banned knives under UK laws, tasers and stun guns. Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.

Guns for sporting use, including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles), Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms and low-powered air weapons may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Please see www.royalmail.com/restrictedgoods"

"Guns for sporting use:

Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The senders name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging."

• Supporters

The info I have has come from a friend who’s in senior management within Royal Mail. Although they’ve not announced it in their change of policy it’s what they are doing. Someone send me an item Special delivery it was a 1911 with two mags and they ceased it and destroyed it although the parcel contained my name on it, contact details and UKARA number they still destroyed it. I have tried to get it in an email from my mate but given his position and knowing what can happen if it’s in black and white he won’t provide me with it other than by word of mouth.

Despite what their website says I seriously wouldn’t send anything via RM, they will destroyed it. Royal Mails position on any RIF is that it’s prohibited even if it’s not.

• Supporters

The info I have has come from a friend whos in senior management within Royal Mail. Although theyve not announced it in their change of policy its what they are doing. Someone send me an item Special delivery it was a 1911 with two mags and they ceased it and destroyed it although the parcel contained my name on it, contact details and UKARA number they still destroyed it. I have tried to get it in an email from my mate but given his position and knowing what can happen if its in black and white he wont provide me with it other than by word of mouth.

Despite what their website says I seriously wouldnt send anything via RM, they will destroyed it.

Surely thats not legal. Airsoft guns are totally legal and so is the transportation of them. So to destroy them is illegal they are not a goverment agency with the ability to change UK law.

• Supporters

Surely thats not legal. Airsoft guns are totally legal and so is the transportation of them. So to destroy them is illegal they are not a goverment agency with the ability to change UK law.

Honestly mate i kid you not, i've had something destroyed by RM even after i proved it was an Airsoft weapon and it was perfectly legal, I even took it to my local MP who wrote a letter to RM on my behalf saying my purchase was all above board and to release....... They still destroyed. Loads of people are having their RIF destroyed even after complying with RM's new rules on how they must be sent, they are still doing it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.