New airsofter (manchester, bolton, wigan)

buckyr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all im new to the airsoft world and looking at starting up with this new hobby. Everything about airsoft excites me due to the realism of it all and I cant wait to get started.

As per the title I live in wigan in Manchester so I am looking for any advice for where to play and the best shops to get my guns and equipment from. Infact any advice is very much appreciated as I am a noob at this haha.

Thanks and nice to meet you all

• Supporters

welcome sir....

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

check ian's guide as you don't need to spend mega money

perhaps hire or consider a decent starter from a decent shop

avoid ANY site with " BB " in its name - the stuff they sell is often low power plinkers that don't last or perform well if used at a skirmish site

on average a decent new gun will be £120 to £150

anything less is not gonna be what we might call decent starter gun

trust me - myself and numerous others bought lower end stuff from BB places and regretted it

read up a bit and ask away - welcome to the grown up toy gun club

Hi all im new to the airsoft world and looking at starting up with this new hobby. Everything about airsoft excites me due to the realism of it all and I cant wait to get started.

As per the title I live in wigan in Manchester so I am looking for any advice for where to play and the best shops to get my guns and equipment from. Infact any advice is very much appreciated as I am a noob at this haha.

Thanks and nice to meet you all

Hey bud

If you want to go into a shop, try First & Only retail shop in Swinton. It's only down the Lancs for you, and you can have a look at some decent gear (rather than pretty pics on internet).

Also, they can give you the advice you need on building a defence for owning a RIF.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I was looking at that first and only shop online and may Bob in on a day off as it is only 5 mins down the road.

I take it your from round the same area cold3lit3?

I'm from Sale (down the road from Old Trafford)

Before i knew anything about Airsoft, i went down, had a brew, shot some staff guns on the range (not sure they still do the range nights, not been for a while) and asked shitloads of questions (this is important haha).

Then i played at Anzio (Leek), and The Hive (Middleton) to get my membership

I'm gonna Bob down and speak to them before diving in at the deep end. I was looking at the hive online and looks quite good that site is the second nearest to me. There's one in Bolton I think they call it the woods or something.

Thank you very much for the advice you never know I may just see you on the field haha

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.