£200 budget. M4 Variant- What to Consider

Guest Imanairsofter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Imanairsofter

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new gun. With £200 budget, I ultimately want an M4, or something which will use M4 magazines. A rifle that will stand out from other M4s and will preform well straight out of the box. I would like it to have good range and accuracy over a high ROF because I play in an out door woodland site. The £200 will have to cover the gun only, magazines and batteries are not a problem. has anyone got any suggestions as to what to consider and where to buy from. I am currently looking at two - Ares Amoeba AM 009 and DYTAC Invader MK18- any reviews,comment on these two or other suggestions,that meet the criteria,would be greatly appreciated.

1) around £200 +/- £20

2) Good out of the box performance- snappy trigger response. Not to worried about ROF but higher than about 10 rps would be nice.

3) Has an M4 high or mid cap magazine.

4) Would like it to stand out from the regular M4 or M4A1 look.

That is all. Thanks guys.

(PS I will not buy second hand, so please don't make any offers thank you)

• Supporters

aeg-src-sr4-2.jpg

Soz being really silly now but reckon you would stand out with the SRC Gundam....

M4 & stand out ??? - best thing is probably off the peg and go nutz on your own bits making it your own

(stfu scope - mega spray job - hopefully not balls it up etc.....)

Or G36 with M4 magwell adapter ????

rof though snappy response and rof "kind of" go hand in hand to a degree but think I would hope for a 14-ish min rof

maybe high teens or getting close to 20 to call it nice n snappy - well is my take on that

Can't comment on either guns but think I wouldn't consider Ares personally but not got one but seen a few not so great reviews

Get a gun YOU like - forget if quite a few have them - means they are popular

they are common as muck when you don't own one

make it your own - worry what you think not what others might think

go with what you want/like as you are paying for it and you are gonna be using it at end of day

you don't say if you are 18 & ukara'd or if you don't mind tweaking stuff

but a couple of possibles......

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152191494-SC-01-TAN-Replica.html

don't like the golden tan mixture but tin of krylon and make it your own under £120 is worth a look

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

ford transit but consider other options like the black & tan mixture for a tenner more

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-mod0-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-desert-shadow.html

(hmm not sure about colour mix trying to emulate the MK18 scheme a bit but burst fet is on offer @ £10 on this one)

or the Wasteland edition but to me is a bit much for extra paint job - its the gun that matters imho

http://www.airsoftworld.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=WSTLND

but wasteland or WSTLND is vcra so a different 2-toner I guess

it really is hard to say or tell you what to buy - they are near enough the same toy guns - some a bit better than others

but most of it is just cosmetic really - so have a look and go with a decent make of a model you alone like

my guns don't stand out cosmetically or externally at all

but I tend to be the one who stands out - normally one of the first in the dead zone

Guest Imanairsofter

D-boys Scar L? The Amoeba and the MK18 don't really stand out that much.

I like ti Amoeba hand guard and flash hider. but any recommendations for where to buy Scar?

Have you looked through all the G&G range ? they make combat and the next level intermediate models of so many M4 variants, I cant keep up with them. They are excellent VFM and they have some new models coming out. All M4s have a somewhat similar look but they are so easy to personalise externally with grips, new stocks, optics, lights, slings, different ironsights, etc.

My son has just bought a G&G rifle from their intermediate range.

I was quite taken with this for the price:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/gr4-g26-standard-m4-carbine-blowback-aeg-gng?filter_name=gr4

A word of caution though - I find a lot of these modern shorter M4s a bit short in the stock and have it set at the extreme setting, which is still a little short. Worth trying them in the flesh if you can.

My G&G top tech comes in around 14 rps with a 7.4V lipo. The trigger response however is no better than a combat machine (which gets 13 rps). The trigger at least on my gun is quite a long pull and anything but snappy. The G&P M4 my friend uses has a much faster trigger without being much higher RPS. My Krytac SPR has amazing trigger response out of the box, great airseal and more than one reviewer has said its the best gun stock out there right now, at 22rps its quite nippy but the trigger response is fantastic.

• Supporters

My G&G top tech comes in around 14 rps with a 7.4V lipo. The trigger response however is no better than a combat machine (which gets 13 rps). The trigger at least on my gun is quite a long pull and anything but snappy. The G&P M4 my friend uses has a much faster trigger without being much higher RPS. My Krytac SPR has amazing trigger response out of the box, great airseal and more than one reviewer has said its the best gun stock out there right now, at 22rps its quite nippy but the trigger response is fantastic.

Never really been interested in M4 style guns before but I am seriously tempted by the krytac cbr.

Never really been interested in M4 style guns before but I am seriously tempted by the krytac cbr.

Krytac has put together an amazing well made gun, inside and out. From what I have seen you wont be disappointed but its still too early for me to be reviewing it or really praising it too much. Once I have pumped 10k rounds at least through it I will have a better idea of if they really did make the ideal gun for £300 or not.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new gun. With £200 budget, I ultimately want an M4, or something which will use M4 magazines. A rifle that will stand out from other M4s and will preform well straight out of the box. I would like it to have good range and accuracy over a high ROF because I play in an out door woodland site. The £200 will have to cover the gun only, magazines and batteries are not a problem. has anyone got any suggestions as to what to consider and where to buy from. I am currently looking at two - Ares Amoeba AM 009 and DYTAC Invader MK18- any reviews,comment on these two or other suggestions,that meet the criteria,would be greatly appreciated.

1) around £200 +/- £20

2) Good out of the box performance- snappy trigger response. Not to worried about ROF but higher than about 10 rps would be nice.

3) Has an M4 high or mid cap magazine.

That is all. Thanks guys.

(PS I will not buy second hand, so please don't make any offers thank you)

Do the right thing and save for this....

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/krytac-krytac-trident-spr-p4370

Judging by the reviews, this should be the new standard of affordable AEGS

With the likes of the ASG Scorpion and the new Krytacs setting the standards for internals, i can't imagine other manufacturers not starting to play catch-up

Has anyone ever bought an AEG that didn't need shimming?

• Supporters

Has anyone ever bought an AEG that didn't need shimming?

Got an Ics box thats never been shimmed. Everything is original hasnt even been regreased done about 30,000 rnds still looks like new so yeah I have bought a box that doesn't need shimming.

Most gearboxes dont if bought from a decent manufacturer.

Seen a fair few die because someone has reshimmed them badly though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.