ebay's latest policy which will affect us airsofters

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh Ffs Pete

That's a hell of an over reaction but why are airsoft items still being sold on eBay by UK & over seas people

And you can still see any number of listings for bayonets, which are also covered by the guidelines.

Ridiculous. :-(

Crossbows and longbows are still listed on eBay in abundance. It clearly is political, not safety orientated ruling.

I'm not sure how the other UK Ebay sellers have faired in all this. Helmet World, Bullseye, Poisenapple etc but I'm presuming they get their fair share of raids by the Ebay police. I'm also presuming that HK sellers are also subject to the same restrictions. Either way I've cancelled my paid Ebay subscription for now.

I'm not sure how the other UK Ebay sellers have faired in all this. Helmet World, Bullseye, Poisenapple etc but I'm presuming they get their fair share of raids by the Ebay police. I'm also presuming that HK sellers are also subject to the same restrictions. Either way I've cancelled my paid Ebay subscription for now.

I've still bought things from both helmet world & bullseye, some m4 mags, buckings & a hop up

This was even after these new "legislations" came in to crucify the sport & yet you can still get more dangerous items on there

• Supporters

Am I the only one who doesnt give a toss about ebay.

All the cheap stores that use it generally have their own sites as well so never felt the need to use it.

I think the only thing airsofters are really losing out on is the couple of extra seconds it takes to type in tiger111 or airsoftclub. But for that you are gaining the peace of mind of using a legitimate store. How many people on here have problems with ebay sales?

Ebay are the only ones losing out, I guarantee soon you will have airsoftbay or something else pop up anyway.

Ebay is terrible, i sold a plate carrier to some dick on there, recorded delivery.

He messages me 2 weeks later saying it hasn't arrived. I checked and it arrived the next day. But when i told him this his message was "yeah but when it arrived it was open and stuff was missing" But there was only the vest in there!! i search this guy on facebook, his profile was private, but his picture was a selfie in my vest!!! raaaaah!!!

Long story short, he opens case, he wins case, ebay force refund and i get funked over for 50 odd quid.

This is disgusting. I would be interested to find out ak2m4 if their attitude with you changes following your cancellation.

So can one sell a 'magazine pouch' or can the search term have no gun stuff at all?!

This is disgusting. I would be interested to find out ak2m4 if their attitude with you changes following your cancellation.

So can one sell a 'magazine pouch' or can the search term have no gun stuff at all?!

It's funny how company's suddenly change there mind when you cancel something

My dad wanted to cancel his mobile phone so I rang them & did everything on his behalf, I got put through to 3 seperate people who still tried selling him new plans but in the end (nearly 2 hours later) it all got cancelled

And at the moment, there's still loads of airsoft stuff up for sale on eBay including mags & pouches etc

I did a search and there are loads of gun spares. In addition, eBay's terms and conditions appear to state that it is just the receiver of a BB gun that can't be sold.

I don't understand the logic behind their rules on projectile firing weapons...

Q2h1E5D.png

I did a search and there are loads of gun spares. In addition, eBay's terms and conditions appear to state that it is just the receiver of a BB gun that can't be sold.

I did send a message to the policy guys this morning stating that a Hop Up Chamber does not constitute a BB / Airsoft gun or frame or receiver. We'll see what they come back with if anything at all. I've been down this road before, spent 2 hours on the phone - it's just gets tedious.

I did send a message to the policy guys this morning stating that a Hop Up Chamber does not constitute a BB / Airsoft gun or frame or receiver. We'll see what they come back with if anything at all. I've been down this road before, spent 2 hours on the phone - it's just gets tedious.

Yeah I've argued with eBay and at the end of the day they don't give a shit about us or what we have to say it's totally corporate American bullshit.

• Head Moderator

I assume that Ebay is not worried by the loss of profit from sales to airsofters. It takes a fee from the seller for listing an item regardless of the item being sold. I am sure that removing key words will put people off buying from Ebay; for example looking for a sling specific to MP5 and then only being able to type in the word sling and getting thousands of hits on random categories including baby, camera, and crafts. I normally search both Ebay and Amazon to get a better selection of goods, as well as other retailers. On the plus side there are many sellers that just list a string of keywords to get you to look at their product even if not relevant.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.