ebay's latest policy which will affect us airsofters

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

i was just speaking to a good mate of mine, he was telling me that ebay will no longer allow people to list items with ANY reference to firearms in the title, such as :-

Glock

G17, G18 etc etc

MP5, MP7 etc

L96

L85

H&K

M4

etc etc

so lets just say you need a part for a tm mp7 ... once all the listings have been removed, and apparently they are removing them, ebay wont be the place to go any more.

To be honest i think that this is stupid.

what do you guy's think?

As they won't let you sell the guns for some kind of legal/moral issue, then guess would be stupid if you could still buy the gun piece by piece. That's the only justification i can think of.

TBH by eBay standards there's so little on there I assumed that parts weren't allowed either and it was simply people getting away with it or facing the impending ban-hammer if mod notices. I do a search for Tokyo Marui and get 113 results total. So I certainly wont be bothered by this one bit, if it forces more people through forums like these then that's gotta be good right?

This just puts me off buying a G36. I'll never know which pouches can hold it's mags now.

But that's fine, I've seen some wicked long-bows on ebay, I'll put the money towards that instead. #saferworld

• Supporters

I really don't think it's that big a deal to be honest. You can get parts and stuff from all over the place an inconvenience maybe but not the end of the world.

This just puts me off buying a G36. I'll never know which pouches can hold it's mags now.

But that's fine, I've seen some wicked long-bows on ebay, I'll put the money towards that instead. #saferworld

Just buy a mag pouch from a retailer that sell g36 mag pouches, it's not like eBay was the only place to do so

I really don't think it's that big a deal to be honest. You can get parts and stuff from all over the place an inconvenience maybe but not the end of the world.

Just buy a mag pouch from a retailer that sell g36 mag pouches, it's not like eBay was the only place to do so

Ebay is dotted with things and prices that are to some, preferable to other places, and thus I don't see a problem with any nonsense rule further restricting buying choices of peripheral items being scoffed at by those it will impact.

• Supporters

There's a guy on Arnies who manufacturers and retails certain items who reported on this, had a lot of his listings taken down for all sorts of utterly harmless RIF parts. Retarded policy. Carried over from US ebay I believe, whether it was their own decision or bowing to government pressure to limit the firearm industry in back-alley ways without actually getting proper legislation passed... no idea. Don't want to start a gun debate either.

I personally didn't go to eBay for airsoft specific stuff anyway (not since eHobby was still an ebay store back in about '06) but it's certainly a shame given the insane shipping prices a lot of the UK airsoft retailers charge; eBay's always been hand when you just need that one little thing. Now that avenue's been diminished for no reason and nobody's any safer or benefited in any way.

Any actual prof this is happening or just hearsay?

Only last week I had a listing taken down "V2 Trigger Switch" or something like that - I was told the trigger word was "Trigger". I was also not able to add any new listings for 3 days. Pretty annoyed since I pay £20 a month for unlimited listings. Spent the next 2 hours on the phone to various nobody's in customer service centre's. I explained that these were products were not firearm related, could not be converter etc but it all fell on deaf ears. The actual Ebay policy isn't finely grained and doesn't distinguish between real firearms and those product and related products that use similar words.

I'm really in two minds whether to stay with Ebay, going to give it another month or so. Just wish there was a viable alternative. I tried Amazon but was wasn't impressed with their pricing structure.

• Supporters

You back from your break/hols then.....

yup ebay is getting worse n worse - even genuine sellers like yourself

also genuine private sellers are up against it against scammers

You can't have private listings, you are limited against blocking bad bidders/buyers

and the few limits you may impose eg: negative feedback not more than 2 strikes in last 6 months

(in a word not much to stop time wasters n scammers etc...)

How do the tossers get around this and bid/buy your genuine working stuff saying it is faulty/damaged/not as described etc....

easy create a NEW account without any negative or strikes on it - you can't block a zero bidder/buyer

I had 2 muppets try their luck a year ago and just stopped selling coz of agro and ebay does f*ck all except invoices you their fees

the seller alone has to defend tooth n nail his own integrity - long story but ebay is flawed in a number of ways for sellers

and it is getting worse not better....

Ebay bought out Yahoo auctions ages ago and since then there is very little that comes close to the worlwide money making machine

Hopefully decent sellers can continue to trade on, wording their stuff very carefully with all big disclaimers etc as ebay are blind as f*ck

Hope so coz having decent sellers on there does make it so much easier to find and buy our airsoft stuff & other bits n bobs

Terrible. Good job I can still search for and find an M4 magazine. Or an SHS V3 Trigger Switch. Or an AK47 sling. Or a G36 ammo pouch. Or an M16 scope. Or a Glock holster. Or pearl grips for a Colt 1911.

Did nobody actually check listings before posting on this thread?

Edited to add: ak2m4, I'd have another chat with eBay, as this was posted today - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-M-GENUINE-LONEX-REINFORCED-TRIGGER-FOR-VERSION-2-GEARBOX-ASG-4-UK-/371353748344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5676688378

Terrible. Good job I can still search for and find an M4 magazine. Or an SHS V3 Trigger Switch. Or an AK47 sling. Or a G36 ammo pouch. Or an M16 scope. Or a Glock holster. Or pearl grips for a Colt 1911.

Did nobody actually check listings before posting on this thread?

Edited to add: ak2m4, I'd have another chat with eBay, as this was posted today - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-M-GENUINE-LONEX-REINFORCED-TRIGGER-FOR-VERSION-2-GEARBOX-ASG-4-UK-/371353748344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5676688378

I sent Ebay support links to other products just like you did above but I still got my listings removed together with a 3 day ban. The support guy said, Ebay just simply can't monitor every listing, once they make a decision to remove something very hard to get the decision reversed. This was my second strike, one more and I was told I could lose my account, scare tactics maybe.

Just had another email from Ebay together with a 30 day listing ban for...... get ready for this....a Hop Up Chamber!

Noticed that their Firearms policy now includes "BB guns" as a new restriction: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy. As a result, we've taken the following actions on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items for 30 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Violating listings have been removed. A full list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- Any fees for listings ended early because of this violation will not be credited to your account.

Due to numerous laws and regulations involving the sale of weapons, most types of firearms are not allowed on eBay.

The following are examples of items that are not allowed because they can shoot a projectile.
- Air guns
- BB guns
- Black powder guns
- Muzzle loader guns
- Airsoft guns
- Paintball guns

To learn more about our firearms, weapons, and knives policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

blah blah blah

Just had another email from Ebay together with a 30 day listing ban for...... get ready for this....a Hop Up Chamber!

Noticed that their Firearms policy now includes "BB guns" as a new restriction: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Oh Ffs Pete

That's a hell of an over reaction but why are airsoft items still being sold on eBay by UK & over seas people

So do pea shooters & catapaults

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.