New player - NW London

lafta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello AFUKers,

I played my first day of airsoft at The Mall on Sunday. It's been a long time since I've had such a blast. Though my legs are paying the price for all that running, crouching and twisting.

I could certainly see myself playing regularly. Some of the lads I went with already have a lot of their own kit. I'm going to be hiring for a while so I can really look into what I NEED.

Main reason for the post is to get some recommendations on other sites to play locally. I'm just inside the M25 at junction 16/17. I've seen the school, bunker, sandpit mentioned a lot.

Price point and length/quality of gameplay are two main points of interest. Loved Reading but I would like to try some Woodland sites out too. So what's your local site and how is it? And what's your favourite site to play and why? Even if you aren't local then feel free to share, we could be persuaded to travel a little more now and again I'm sure.

Hopefully see you in action!

Don't waste your time with bunker 51 (greenwich) (there are several 'bunker' skirmish sites), when wolf armouries run it they cram 40 people in to an arena that would be 4v4 in a computer game. Its expensive £25, hire is expensive £25, and the last time I was there last week, we got much less than 2 hours game play between 6 and 10. And they didnt chrono anyone.

All that said, Wolf do run a hire-purchase scheme so you don't have to hire, but if I could do it all over again I think I'd have got my ukara at a different venue with a two tone.

Seconding don't bother with Bunker 51, its rubbish. Absolute Airsoft is in that area as well, is woodland but is also terrible.

If you fancy venturing out a little near St Albans - Kings Langley is Red 1 Airsoft CQB great friendly site bud (wow sounding like an advertisement campaigner)

Kings Langley isn't far at all. I think a friend mentioned possibly going there. Isn't there another site in Kings Langley too, affiliated with the Quartermaster? Went there for gloves and my own face pro as a starting point.

I guess Bunker 51 is not going on the top of the list then! And couldn't find much info on Eversley. Will have a look in the morning.

Ta for the replies!

Yeah, that looks a bit too advanced for where I am at currently to be honest.

Just looking for places to skirmish, that I can hire gear and that don't have strict rules on attire.

I don't have the money to pump into it at the moment and want to get a good feel for what I want/need.

Thanks though. I think we are booking in for the Mall again on 5th July. Then looking at the school in Kings Langley for our next outing.

Thanks all, any other advice is obviously welcome!

Dragons lair near Brentwood Essex.. not too far, great atmosphere and a tidy site.

Not the biggest woodland but large enough for diverse play and games..

Isn't there another site in Kings Langley too, affiliated with the Quartermaster? Went there for gloves and my own face pro as a starting point.

Site is called Reforger Airsoft, my Father regularly chats with the site owner. They don't host games regularly as far as I know, they post on Facebook when they have games/send out emails.

Been there a few times. It's nice but they are a bit unorganised from time to time (this may have changed since I last played there).

Right next to Red 1 School basically. If I had to guess, it's about 5 minutes apart from each of them. They're both 10 minutes from my house, which is awesome, (but irrelevant.) :D

I'm sure I'll see you on the field then Kaleem. These two seem to be the closest to me.

Though we are definitely booking in for the Mall on the 5th, I think Red1 will be next up.

Thanks!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.