Should We Hate Call of Duty ?

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I personally think they are a good thing, as you get many younger people running in with orange sniper rifles, expecting to quickscope, and for some reason win against m4 and m16 full auto. Its funny to watch, and its a good feeling to get them with my rifle, hidden in the bushes atop a hill covered in ghillie

I think I probably hate the people who hate people that play call of duty more than the people that hate call of duty players hate call of duty players, if you get me.

I had to draw a diagram to get you... But yeah, I hate that

I downloaded Arma 3 the other day... it was 35% for the extended edition on Steam so I couldn't help myself.

@Lozart, the PC runs it fine. Haven't fiddled with any of the settings yet but the GPU seems to be handling it well and it's pushing a 4K monitor.

Still in training, getting use to the controls but liking it so far. Again, it seems like a really good platform for milsimers to practice/train.

@BrightCandle, think you are on to something with using it to prep for milsims.

@BrightCandle, think you are on to something with using it to prep for milsims.

So far haven't had too much takeup for the okto game, don't think a lot of the team has a suitable PCs. But I have an Arma friend from Germany and another from Denmark attending the okto game so the three of us have played a lot together. Myself and the German played last game together and our movement and fire as a pair was really very good, just procedurally we read each others mind just like we do in game or we execute procedures on command exactly as taught and it just cuts the time of response down dramatically. I know the virtual definitely translates into the physical airsoft game we saw the impact. Having played that one game our team wants us in charge for the next game and our experience comes from playing Arma for 4 years (and my friends for more like 6).

Its actually a shame there aren't that many milsim groups out there. You can find lots of "milsim" Arma groups but they mainly model the structure and the gear and ranks but not the tactics. My group does the opposite, we don't follow any one unit, we loosely base our gear on appropriate weapons (m4s, scar H etc) but instead focus out effort on training and practising the tactics, everyone has to go through and master our infantry courses. We were very lucky to have spent multiple years getting training from an Israeli special forces trainer and so now we have a really good base of the primary real world squad level stuff. I love doing that sort of thing, its also what I find fun in airsoft. I find myself trying to cram in as many battlesim/filmsim style milsim airsoft games this summer as possible and my primary source of finding them is this forum. But I have to attribute my desire to play that and my experience that helps me in it to what I do in Arma every week.

• Supporters

So far haven't had too much takeup for the okto game, don't think a lot of the team has a suitable PCs. But I have an Arma friend from Germany and another from Denmark attending the okto game so the three of us have played a lot together. Myself and the German played last game together and our movement and fire as a pair was really very good, just procedurally we read each others mind just like we do in game or we execute procedures on command exactly as taught and it just cuts the time of response down dramatically. I know the virtual definitely translates into the physical airsoft game we saw the impact. Having played that one game our team wants us in charge for the next game and our experience comes from playing Arma for 4 years (and my friends for more like 6).

Its actually a shame there aren't that many milsim groups out there. You can find lots of "milsim" Arma groups but they mainly model the structure and the gear and ranks but not the tactics. My group does the opposite, we don't follow any one unit, we loosely base our gear on appropriate weapons (m4s, scar H etc) but instead focus out effort on training and practising the tactics, everyone has to go through and master our infantry courses. We were very lucky to have spent multiple years getting training from an Israeli special forces trainer and so now we have a really good base of the primary real world squad level stuff. I love doing that sort of thing, its also what I find fun in airsoft. I find myself trying to cram in as many battlesim/filmsim style milsim airsoft games this summer as possible and my primary source of finding them is this forum. But I have to attribute my desire to play that and my experience that helps me in it to what I do in Arma every week.

Think maybe someone is taking the game with TOY guns a bit serious. 😯

Bit too heavy for me just want to run around like an idiot and have a laugh.

But each to their own.

Dont hate call of duty hate simulations that make people believe its just like the real thing while sitting in their chair dunking their digestives in their cup of tea.

This is pretty daft. It's a bit like saying all those idiots who have played tiger woods are coming to the golf course trying to smack their sand wedge 200yds with side spin and buying a £500 driver before their first game . . . . So yes this probably happens a lot.

If someone's only experience of something is virtual then that will obviously have an effect on their thinking until they have real experience

This is pretty daft. It's a bit like saying all those idiots who have played tiger woods are coming to the golf course trying to smack their sand wedge 200yds with side spin and buying a £500 driver before their first game . . . . So yes this probably happens a lot.

If someone's only experience of something is virtual then that will obviously have an effect on their thinking until they have real experience

Off-topic, but I wouldn't want to wager what motivates golfers, they're a curious bunch to me... hedYyvJ.jpg

And people who dress up like action man and run around with toy guns aren't.

Bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black there.

Hmm. An interesting point you raise there - but on the chart of who's more curious, I vote golfers...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.