New gun. Recoil shock?

Tmisfud31

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There's been one or two threads along these lines recently. Basically they are reliable guns, pretty accurate and are fun to shoot. When I talk about accuracy I mean hitting man sized target easily at 50 metres on a measured range with a bit of wind. Not "my gun outranges everyone on site because i've decided it's true" which you see a lot in airsoft :)

To me they are worth the money, but it's up to you to decide if you'd rather get a recoil shock or maybe spend less and get a cheaper gun shooting really nicely instead.

• Supporters

I can't vouch for Systemas as i've never owned nor shot one. However when you see people saying that they aren't happy with the performance of a gun costing north of £1000 it does raise questions. My second TM recoil(a Recce rifle) is currently with a technician getting a load of work done on it and it will cost less than that.

That said all I can really comment on is the price as the things like accurate receivers and magazines don't really bother me. My very limited knowledge of Systemas lead me to believe that comparing them with a lot, if not all other AEGs is like critiquing a bolt action rifle for it's fire rate. They have a specific market and role is what I mean.

What you will likely see is people suggesting that you get a cheaper gun and use the money saved for upgrades, if that's your thing then by all means go for it.

Well I mean you can't upgrade a gun to have recoil or bolt release and catch. Anyways.

I was looking at the 416 specifically and I like to play lefty a lot.

I was just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks for the help mate :)

• Supporters

Systemas aren't anything massively special in stock form, certainly not range/accuracy wise; they don't perform impossible feats of physics defying-ness that no other AEG can perform. Its' highly debated and there are many arguments and defendants on both sides, some say the hop unit they use is a lot worse than your average V2 AEG, some say otherwise. Either way, the range and accuracy you'll get from a TM that's less than half the price of a PTW will certainly be at least very close, if not potentially much better. Not as good trigger response, but that can be improved on down the line if you really find the stock gun so lacking in that respect and use a lot of semi.

Plus you get blowback and recoil with a much more tactile bolt catch on the TM guns. Though PTWs do of course have that really easy quick swap cylinder which is nice.

The 416 is one of the best options for a recoil gun if you're shooting lefty; AFAIK it's the only AR style recoil gun with ambi selectors. Bolt release is only on the left side of the gun though and that can't be changed, not sure if any ambi mag releases will fit. The SCAR has ambi mag release, only 1 side for the bolt release. The G36s have no bolt catch/stop on empty and both the selectors and mag release are ambi.

• Supporters

The bolt catch is just above where the mag release pushes through on the left hand side of the receiver. On the right hand side of the receiver there's a bulge just above the mag release button. I can post a couple of pictures of the receiver tomorrow if you'd like?

Trigger response is fine but it's never something I really notice to be honest. My Recce will have a BTC Spectre MOSFET which improves that and i've shot my mates HK416 that has one and it's definitely better.

• Supporters

Ah ok. So you can shoot it as fast as you can pull the trigger? Or does it like lock up?

Yeah always fires as fast as I can pull the trigger, I actually wasn't aware that was an issue with guns until I saw people talking about it with other makes. Haven't heard of a DSG M4 so no idea what that's like.

Dsg = dual sector gear.

Yeah it's a problem with many guns. Anyways will maybe pick one up. They look pretty darn cool and feel cool apparently, and I could upgrade i so that's a +. Accuracy is probably

Better then any other stock gun I've heard.

If you like the idea of your gun shaking every-time you fire for added sense of realism, enough to pay twice the price for a gun, then get a recoil

Otherwise just get a standard version of whatever gun by the same manufacturer for half the price.

Other than the recoil engine, there's nothing super-dooper in them that sets them apart from standard guns

I personally don't care if my gun recoils, and would consider it a hindrance rather than a benefit, so don't have recoil guns.

• Supporters

Nobody can answer that for you, it's a preference. Performance will probably be slightly better than a lower-mid range gun, but the entire system of hop units can only do so much and the recoil guns shoot at a comparably low FPS in stock form. If you think the recoil/blowback and bolt lock are worth the money to you then go for it. If not, don't.

I have a TM Scar L CQC, Bloody fantastic gun! Yes the TM hop unit is a thing of legend! Sure there's ways to make the gun better but I've kept mine stock save for a deans conversion and I run it on a 7.4v lipo. If you play CQB then this gun was made for it!

Maintenance-wise I don't believe it's any harder than a GBB pistol. If you have a pistol that you maintain you use the same lubes and maintenance routine. Thin silicone oil spray for the O ring seals and thicker silicone oil for the moving parts that touch each other. Internal modification is possible but I don't think there are as many options available as an AEG. I'm not really the person to ask about this. External furniture would be the same.

FPS would vary a bit by temperature so on my G5 I need to check/adjust the hop up at the start of the day. It can shoot 350 which is probably a bit hot for CQB. Accuracy is as good as AEGs.

It costs a bit of gas to run but that's offset by shooting more accurately and lass spraying.

You should give it a try. Every time I pull my G5 out and use it in the field somebody always comments on the noise or the range or just the way it sounds and looks, especially if I switch it to full auto.

If I were you I would visit a shop that would let you fire any recoil they may have in stock. You will know more than anyone else what it's worth to you.

I have a TM 416 and wouldn't part with it anytime soon. I think they are one of the best stock guns you can buy and worth the price tag to me. Trigger response is good but something easily upgraded to great with a good mosfet.

Recoil makes skirmishing better I think. They are, after all, replicas of real guns that have recoil.

I don't think I could ever spend £1000+ on a replica firearm... at least a stock one for that matter. I'm better off taking the extra money and upgrading my TM 416 to what ever I want it to be and do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.