Airsofters in Cumbria?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm new to the hobby and wondered if there is anyone else in Cumbria who is a regular at Manchester woodland ( looks like the best that's nearby, an hours drive) or any other sites?

Thinking of setting up a car share with anyone if interested to save fuel etc.

As a newbie I have one question and I'd like to hear all ove your views on this.

"I have watched many videos on YouTube on skirmish games at various sites, but the one thing I never see is the use of headsets being used. Talking to your oppos or team I would of thought is a fundamental tool is it not? Are radios + a headset too expensive or is airsoft just to chilled out to be bothered?"

Question over

Thanks for reading/answering and hopefully in the future il have my crosshairs on you.

Guest PT247

Lots use comms. I used to but found them a pain as only a few folk bothered so is easier just to shout :D

Once I start airsofting more I think it will be my local site, that or Alpha One near Wakefield.

I was gonna buy some comms but pretty unnecessary spend unless you are in a team, otherwise I don't think anyone else will use em and it won't be worth it. Especially if you don't have radios already and gotta go buy them too you're looking at like £70 for walkie-talkies + headset + PTT unit (at least ~$40 from somewhere like AirsoftPeak or other China / HK retailers)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.