Airsoft Helmet

csp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I want to buy a good helmet. I did my research in order to understand what types (XP,Maritime,PJ,BJ,CP) exist and the manufactures in stock in UK.

Since you get what you pay usually, I made a list with the most expensive airsoft helmets in UK based sellers (none of them were crazy expensive, the price range is £55-67) and I would like to have your opinion on any of these brands based on your experience.

Comments on the quality of the plastic, how comfortable they are, pros and cons in general.

Emerson

WE/NP

Viper

Nhelmet

RedStar

FMA

thanks in advance

• Supporters

cheapo FAST type helmet works ok for me

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/fast-helmet-replica-black-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=21

(actually my son nicked that & I'm stuck with even cheaper pith "star wars" helmet)

soz it ain't in UK but ya get the idea of a cheapo one will do especially for first lid perhaps

some of the more expensive ones have clicky adjuster inside - but all do same sort of job

tbh - wtf is gonna really notice or care ???

• Supporters

That "clicky adjuster" makes it far more comfortable. Sometimes it really is worth paying a bit extra.

FMA for my money.

agree on that - the sometimes bit though might be more of when somebody has played for a while

and then replaces their starter guns & starter loadout with better high end quality stuff

That is just my take on it as I have only got my ukara a year ago so maybe next time I may look at the better stuff

to replace my own cheapo bits n bobs.

Not knocking anybody's stuff especially if been playing for a number of years and replaced or worked their way up

Actually who the hell am I to judge - which I'm not btw

if people wanna treat themselves to good quality stuff first time around - its their money

it was merely my own personal take on it and soz if OP wishes to buy a quality bit of kit instead of cheapo starter stuff

So you only want Ops Core FAST Helmet replicas?

I've had no experience with them but I would imagine WE and Viper are re-OEM'd in China by the same company, probably similar to Emerson quality? Please correct me if I'm wrong though. All the NUPROL gear products have been re-brands of existing stuff so far.

Never heard of NHelmet or RedStar.

There are a lot of FMA vs Emerson comparisons on YouTube. I've found that on US forums etc they seemed to favour Emerson but most opinions I hear are in favour of FMA. I'm getting a ballistic cut FAST by FMA for £45 whereas the cheaper version Emerson can be bought for around £18-£25 from China dependent on camo pattern and if it's the version with a visor thing (specifically Ali Express)

Best UK stockist for them in terms of price is probably Patrol Base, I got a cheap version FAST for £25 (because they've bought a load of products from Polish retailer TaiwanGun) whereas I think most other places are ~ £35 or more.

Hi,

I want to buy a good helmet. I did my research in order to understand what types (XP,Maritime,PJ,BJ,CP) exist and the manufactures in stock in UK.

Since you get what you pay usually, I made a list with the most expensive airsoft helmets in UK based sellers (none of them were crazy expensive, the price range is £55-67) and I would like to have your opinion on any of these brands based on your experience.

Comments on the quality of the plastic, how comfortable they are, pros and cons in general.

Emerson

WE/NP

Viper

Nhelmet

RedStar

FMA

thanks in advance

Recommend the FMA Maritime, Ive owned an Emerson PJ, FMA Ballistic and FMA Maritime and the Maritime is by far the best of the bunch. The PJ was thin and to small for my head, The ballistic was nice but slightly to big. I prefer the cut and size of the maritime. The FMA also offer better protection than the emerson.

£40 shipped from shootercb and you will have it in 4 days. The pictures dont show it but it does come with the velcro aswell

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=7704

• 2 weeks later...

In fairness though these hemets are needed to protect your head from bb's not harpoon's lol

I agree you dont need a ballistic rated helmet for airsoft,

people only wear helmets in airsoft for looks. any1 telling you otherwise is trying to make up for the fact they spent £50 on something they dont actually need.

• Supporters

people only wear helmets in airsoft for looks. any1 telling you otherwise is trying to make up for the fact they spent £50 on something they dont actually need.

I wear one because getting shot in the head from three feet away gets old really quick.

But you're right, ballistic rated helmets are pretty much just for willy waving!

Sure about that?

Thing is you could do that getting in your van to get tools and i dont wear a fast helmet at work. I wear a thick beenie hat to absorb some of the pain of a head shot and thats it. Each to your own as we all have are own preference but i wouldnt not buy an emerson based on it not being ballistic rated.

Really, that's not why I use one.

NVG Mount....

I'm really happy I bought a helmet tbh

It was about 50 odd quid maybe more but I wouldn't go without it now for several reasons -

You can mount cameras lights on it etc

It protects you from BB fire which can hurt let's be honest

Protects your head from hitting things no matter how careful we are this can happen if you play at Epsom tunnels it's dark and easy to walk into things

Let's not forget you don't have to hit your head "hard" to cause damage it just has to be the right spot your head is important you should protect it I'd rather look a plonker in a helmet but not run the risk of putting myself into a coma or something similar from being unlucky

Just my 2 c

Admittedly I do have a tendancy for clumsiness/bad luck at times almost all hobbies or sports I have done I have been whacked in the head so a helmet is nice to have :)

Let's not forget you don't have to hit your head "hard" to cause damage it just has to be the right spot your head is important you should protect it I'd rather look a plonker in a helmet but not run the risk of putting myself into a coma or something similar from being unlucky

What did you get, as in other posts in this thread, not all helmets, particularly repos, are safety helmets. That said if you encounter circumstances in which the helmet gives way, you've already got bigger problems i'm sure.

I wonder how many of these repro helmets are floating around the second hand market in the hands of people who don't know any better - and cant, somehow, tell that a plastic lightweight helmet is bad.

I think it's a viper ballistic one made from ABS I'd have to hunt for it when I'm on a lappy and not a phone as it's rather painful searching on websites via this hahaha

Admittedly as you say if you hit your self hard enough to break the helmet your already in deep doo doo.... I know the helmet won't save me so to speak but what it will do is stop those hits on surfaces that would bloody hurt and cause a wound.

Case in point was last Wednesday coming down one of the corridors at Epsom I misplaced my footing and lurched forward I gathered my footing quickly but my head still bounced off a wall helmet took full brunt I felt nothing other than a wally :) it's those type of things I wear a helmet for I'd rather a scuff on the helmet which there is rather than my head

It's this one

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8610

If you look at pic above the rail mount is now a nice scuff from said incident with the wall so it done a job

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.