Counter Strike: GO - Anyone?

CarloBear
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I do; names same as on here. However my playtime will drop soon as I'm in the US for the next two months; but I may be on sometimes

I do play it, sometimes but after 17 hours, i'm getting bored of it; it lacks variety, especially in competitive; everyone plays dust 2 and uses an AK or AWP.

I don't see much value in it anymore apart from the workshop training maps.

I do play it, sometimes but after 17 hours, i'm getting bored of it; it lacks variety, especially in competitive; everyone plays dust 2 and uses an AK or AWP.

the idea is to win the game, thats why i like it. no super duper upgrades u have to get 1000000 kills to unlock. its just about winning because of skill

the idea is to win the game, thats why i like it. no super duper upgrades u have to get 1000000 kills to unlock. its just about winning because of skill

A lot of the time 'skill' in CS:GO seems to be 'who can be the best twitchy AWP user'. That and the rising amount of people I've seen using ambot programs.

A lot of the time 'skill' in CS:GO seems to be 'who can be the best twitchy AWP user'. That and the rising amount of people I've seen using ambot programs.

I see what you mean, I normally play in competitive and hacking is a big let down - though saying that there's a lot in many fps games on pc.

But you tend to find less hackers on higher ranks as 'Boosters/Hackers' boost up the lower ranks.

but other than that I do enjoy the game, no advantages via perks or what not, it's just a simple yet hard game to learn.

Having a full party of 5 and having communications and tactics feels amazing when tactics decides to work out.

If i'm feeling a more realistic game i'd normally just load up ARMA3 and play on the milsim modded servers.

But then again these are all games, just something to enjoy and pass time with :D

• 8 months later...

P90/UMP/Mac10 rush all the way!

I don't play much CS anymore as i'm more of a league of legends player. Up for playing with some forumites though sometime if you guys wanna add me, Seany.exe

• Supporters

If you'd played CS in the bad old days 2001-2004 when there was absolutely no anticheat at all you'd know that the game now is 100x better. I very rarely see an absolute certain cheat on CS:GO these days. I get called a cheat semi regularly for luck/hearing/good aim as does any good player. 99% of the time when I hear someone whining about cheating it's because that person has killed them a few times or has had a few good rounds in a row and they're butt hurt about it. People who are genuinely cheating don't get killed very often at all, so 12-3 isn't a cheater's score unless they're REALLY shit. 28-0 and displaying all sorts of dodgy tendencies; e.g. Not playing like someone who knows what they're doing... I'd probably think 'yeah, dodgy' but 99% of the time it's just someone being good at the game.

17 hours? Damn! I'm over here with 950hrs.

• 2 months later...

If you'd played CS in the bad old days 2001-2004 when there was absolutely no anticheat at all you'd know that the game now is 100x better. I very rarely see an absolute certain cheat on CS:GO these days. I get called a cheat semi regularly for luck/hearing/good aim as does any good player. 99% of the time when I hear someone whining about cheating it's because that person has killed them a few times or has had a few good rounds in a row and they're butt hurt about it. People who are genuinely cheating don't get killed very often at all, so 12-3 isn't a cheater's score unless they're REALLY sh*t. 28-0 and displaying all sorts of dodgy tendencies; e.g. Not playing like someone who knows what they're doing... I'd probably think 'yeah, dodgy' but 99% of the time it's just someone being good at the game.

Yup, kids yelling cheat, does your head in. But you're right there really isn't that much hacking thee days. Valve invariably get them in the end anyway. I see that Valve have just weilded the ban hammer on 100's of cheats using the so called 'undetectable' LMFAOBOX hack, among them 700 odd TF2 LEAGUE players! How embarrassing.

Archived