Hornbill L85 DD rail & 9.9v split LiFe battery

Guest SquashyTundra6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest SquashyTundra6

Hello everyone, just trying to work out how to fit the battery into or on the rail, it won't fit into an extended PEQ 16 box and the battery space is too small in the rail, does anyone else have any experience with the hornbill rails on an ICS L85? If you do what battery works? Alternatively are there any battery boxes that will be big enough?

Thanks!

Daniel

I have a g&g l85 but I'd imagine same concept. I use a 7.4 lipo nunchuck style. I've put one side under the barrel and one on top and then taped it to the barrel. I also removed the fake gas tube.

Guest SquashyTundra6

I tried a lipo nunchuck before, the cover wouldn't close without forcing it and I didn't want to ruin the battery... See with the split LiFe batteries I was hoping they would be thin enough to fit either side of the barrel. Regardless, thanks very much for your response!

I've sort of managed to to do it with half the battery in the rail and the other half in the PEQ, the wires are a little bit twisted and stretched, is that okay or should I just take the battery out all together?

Guest SquashyTundra6

Right, just in case anyone else has this problem I'll explain what I did to make it fit (may be useful provided slightly stretched wires are actually safe)

Okay, remove the rail and there will be a horizontal gap that is quite thin (it is between the two side rails at the back), slide the thinner half of the LiFe battery into this gap. Unscrew the gas parts cover and put the thicker half of the battery on the outside of the rail, adjust wires and put the gas parts cover back on. Cut the back corner or the peq box out and wire the battery through the new cut hole. Carefully reassemble the rifle to ensure you don't catch any of the wires.

So far, this actually works, is allowing me to use a 9.9v 1600mah battery with the hornbill rail. Now just to hope there isn't a safety aspect I'm missing...

In the event that someone actually does experience this problem and find I haven't explained it well enough then I'll try uploading some pictures!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.