A&K SVD cocking handle only pulling back halfway

Blade433

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I had a bit of a problem with my SVD where it was stuck in the cocked position. I took the trigger out and that un-cocked it but now every time I try to cock it it only pulls half way. It feels as if it can be pulled further but it's just physically impossible to do so, as in it's not being stuck on anything but there's just a tonne of resistance on it suddenly. Does anyone know what might be up?

Sounds like either something is out of line, the spring is binding on the guide or possibly the slide is binding on the side of the receiver. Check that the screws holding the spring guide are tight and that it's not moving under pressure. Also, remove the guide and spring and check that the slide can move fully back easily. Also check that you refitted the trigger block properly in the receiver.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.