Sign in to follow this  
_jxcob3

TM vs VFC.

VFC = meh. Externals are nice, internals are shite. TM am bestest.

My VFC-made gun doesn't have much left of the stock internals.

Have a search through the forum using its search on key word feature. Lots of ideas and opinions.

You can't really answer the question without more information, depends on the type of gun etc.

On the whole I'd have to say TM though.

^ this

Should be more specific I mean for example old TM like the Famas or something isn't going to be very good in which case VFC will be better but generally TM will be better for the money (I.e. The Recoil HK416 / M4 vs VFC 416 or AR platform)

TM TM TM TMTM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM!!!!!!!!! All the way!

Generally I think its fair to say that TM will shoot better at stock and work, whereas the VFC will look better externally but not shoot all that well and could have fatal design faults (like in its 417). But then once upgraded the VFC might have a better external look and shoot just as well.

TM.

VFC have plenty of f*ck ups with their GBBRs whilst TM have next to no flaws.

Tm have also had their share of issues

I have a few VFC AEGs now, been buying their pistols recently too. They very much have a habit of any given gun being truly awful with its' first batch/production run then gradually improving the guts over time (sometimes the looks too).

Their AEGs were notoriously bad inside when they first started making complete guns (at least 7 years or so ago now) but are up to a pretty good standard now. The first batch of 'Stark' Glocks looked pretty mediocre and were really spotty inside, but with every iteration they've got better and better looking and the internals are up to a reasonable standard now overall IMHO. The gas rifles and SMGs have a similar story, especially the H&K line. Look great, but serious functional problems on release that have somewhat been improved on over the last few years; I'd love to buy one of their MP5s for the external realism but their consistency isn't that high sadly. With TM you get massively higher levels of QC and probably the lowest lemon rate in the airsoft industry.

With TM you get massively higher levels of QC and probably the lowest lemon rate in the airsoft industry.

It was (As everyone knows) after having nothing but ballache with my G&G T4 that I bought a TM Scar. The difference between the 2 guns quality is crazy! I will say though that my first pistol was a TM PX4 and the slide cracked with it's first shot (Short version of a long story: I bought it two toned and stripped the slide with powerspray, everyone called me a twat, I glued it and it was fine). But I'm 99% convinced it was Zero one selling me a "Returned" gun.

TM all the way, had 30+ of them over the years (currently only 5 :( ) not a single lemon.

VFC, I've tried 5 times in both GBBR and AEG, never again.

416D GBBR - First Batch. Mags leaked from day one, every time you fixed them, they sprung more leaks elsewhere. Went through 5 nozzles in 6 months, sold it at about 25% of its original cost just to be rid of it.

416C GBBR - Supposed massive improvement over earlier models. Yeah, sure. Repeat of the 416D, but with the added bonus of only having capability of auto, even in safe. luckily, as that time it had been bought from a UK retailer, I could declare it not fit for purpose and get my money back on it. Phew.

417D GBBR - Impulse buy. 20 mags through it, nozzle had been pulverised. Replaced the nozzle and sold it on, fortunately for a reasonable amount due to the demand of them at the time.

MP7 - All this blighter did was vent, even at 25 degrees. Returned to retailer for refund. (Also any retailer claiming 330 fps is talking complete tosh, mine from a retailer claiming that, came out at 390 on green gas.)

416D AEG - Over a space of 9 months had to systematically replace just about every part internally, culminating in the end of the gearbox shell shearing off. Not worth the hassle.

TM = fantastic internals, mostly plastic externals, lower power = great gun for anyone to just buy and not have to worry about ever

VFC = (+Umarex) for real-steel trades, solid metal externals, cheese inside = great gun for military/real-steel fans to buy and then spend another £200 on internals for that woodland 'DMR' build

VFC seems to get a lot of undeserved kudos, certainly did at my local woodland. I came to the skeptical conclusion this is placebo, and it being recommended a lot by the site shop selling them (strange that). People aren't too likely to brag about buying an expensive gun and then say later it doesn't perform any better than their G&G. And it breaking internally is just it being too awesome to contain itself, and the aftermarket parts are just the required thing if you want a pimping gun.

TM is so good that it can even put people off in a hipsterish way. It can seem like the boringly default choice for a high-quality gun and people want to make their guns uniquely theirs. This isn't facilitated by TM very well as once you start tinkering you'll prob just make it worse by disturbing the carefully refined balance of components.

If you ask because you're considering buying your first expensive gun, just buy the TM. If you're a military fan boy tinkerer planning on binning the stock internals anyways, buy the VFC, more money spent has to be good right?