Tippman M4 HPA advice

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of getting a Tippmann which will be used soley for outdoors. Don't really know much about them other than whats on the web and youtube.

Looking to get some feedback and advice from members who own or have run one.

What is the performance like versus your average upgraded TM recoil, especially regarding range?

I'm not a big fan of paintball so have no real experience of what it's like to run around with an air cylinder on my back... is it awkward?

What's the availability of parts and servicing like in the UK?

As my only experience with airsoft rifles has been with AEGs, are there any major downsides with the tippmann when compared? (Other than an air tank on your back and a hose connected to the gun)

Do you have to refill air cylinders between games or does it last the entire day?

Do skirmish sites have any issues with running tippmanns?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Supporters

i have a tippmann :D

Performance - an out of the box TM will be better, unfortunately the tippmann suffers with a crap hop design. that said it can be made good, i currently have some 3d printed nubs from shapeways. also out of the box you will have to set its ROF, some peoples gun really struggle with this, but if all else fails clean it! then it usually sets ok. Don't expect massive ROF, you are going to get 10 - 18 max, most people get 12bb's/sec, which isn't a game breaker in my view. once you get The hop sorted and your FPS dialed in, range should be comparable to most guns out there.

Air cylinder - I suffer with back pain at times, i find its a nice counter balance, and to be honest there not that big the 48ci ones (0.8L) that said the tank can soak up a bb hit meaning you may take a hit but wont know about it etc, that said a plate carrier can do the same.

Parts and service - Atm the spares kit you can buy is the easiest to get hold off, that said the tippmann dose come with some spares. though atm long term test are looking very favorable, with some sites swapping there rental guns for tippmanns. as for service, they are really easy to work on loads of video's on youtube etc.

Down sides vrs AEG's - it can and it will shake any accessory to bits :D:lol::lol: they do have a looooovly kick B) the only other one i can think off is having to have you air tank refilled

How long dose the tank last - thats a player/site specific thing, do you spray and pray, or semi all the way??? According to tippmann around the 3000-4000 bb's per 48ci 3000psi tank. i tend to get mine refilled after every game (usually around £3 from dive shops)

Do skirmish sites have any issues with running tippmanns? - No but you will need to get hold of a "tournament locking pin", it replaced the rear locking pin and allows a tire-wrap to be put through the hole to show that you gun hasn't been apart etc, there usually around the £12 mark.

Another excellent source of info is the "tippmann airsoft owners group" on facebook.

I hope this answers your questions B) .

• Supporters

My Tippmann in action. Brilliant weapon. Just requires a few changes but once you've done them its sweet.

i have a tippmann :D

Performance - an out of the box TM will be better, unfortunately the tippmann suffers with a crap hop design. that said it can be made good, i currently have some 3d printed nubs from shapeways. also out of the box you will have to set its ROF, some peoples gun really struggle with this, but if all else fails clean it! then it usually sets ok. Don't expect massive ROF, you are going to get 10 - 18 max, most people get 12bb's/sec, which isn't a game breaker in my view. once you get The hop sorted and your FPS dialed in, range should be comparable to most guns out there.

Air cylinder - I suffer with back pain at times, i find its a nice counter balance, and to be honest there not that big the 48ci ones (0.8L) that said the tank can soak up a bb hit meaning you may take a hit but wont know about it etc, that said a plate carrier can do the same.

Parts and service - Atm the spares kit you can buy is the easiest to get hold off, that said the tippmann dose come with some spares. though atm long term test are looking very favorable, with some sites swapping there rental guns for tippmanns. as for service, they are really easy to work on loads of video's on youtube etc.

Down sides vrs AEG's - it can and it will shake any accessory to bits :D:lol::lol: they do have a looooovly kick B) the only other one i can think off is having to have you air tank refilled

How long dose the tank last - thats a player/site specific thing, do you spray and pray, or semi all the way??? According to tippmann around the 3000-4000 bb's per 48ci 3000psi tank. i tend to get mine refilled after every game (usually around £3 from dive shops)

Do skirmish sites have any issues with running tippmanns? - No but you will need to get hold of a "tournament locking pin", it replaced the rear locking pin and allows a tire-wrap to be put through the hole to show that you gun hasn't been apart etc, there usually around the £12 mark.

Another excellent source of info is the "tippmann airsoft owners group" on facebook.

I hope this answers your questions B) .

Thanks for that sp00n!

Seems like there are some issues albeit small ones though.

Do you know what sites have Tippmann as rentals?

• Supporters

Pm me if you need any help with Tippmann advice. Mine is now sweet as a nut with a custom hop mod etc

everything spoon said, been running my tippman with a line over the shoulder for a few weeks now and i love it

I got 2 of these, everything Spoon said is correct.

Set up can take some time, the hop is hit and miss. However, going with the flat hot nub and decent flat mod to the bucking, these can easily push PTW range. RPS is around 10-18, However, there are some good mods on the FB group about getting higher FPS

Thanks all! Some really good input. Have a little bit more research to do then it will be decision time.

Kinda wish this was available when I bought my TM...

Qlimax, thanks for the offer. Will definitely take you up on it if I get one.

• Supporters

Thanks for that sp00n!

Seems like there are some issues albeit small ones though.

Do you know what sites have Tippmann as rentals?

to be honest i dont know. I do remember that someone put the post up on the face book group though but i cannot find it atm (might be in america but i am not 100% sure)

• Supporters

made this for my SMP line and doing the same on my Tippy line as well. Little added protection.

11390258_584542121685292_595670404057831

11391194_584542138351957_240227178384299

very very nice, how much para chord did that take?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.