Cyma cm030 mag release and select fire

ShadowSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gun will fire in full auto, not semi, not even once, just silence.

The mag release popped out for some d*ckbag reason, and turned out the spring inside broke, anyone have a spring spare or a way of makeshifting a new one. And does anyone know a fux for the selector issue

• Supporters

fleabay - search for "compression springs"

should be able to get a bag or box of 50 or so springs for under a fiver delivered

may need cutting/stretching a tension - pull spring type but worth a shot

or you may find something in a weird place like a clicky bic biro pen or something

soz can't help on semi selector issue as I ain't broke or dismantled my cyma - yet

failing that grab a cheapo replacement from TWG or patrolbase:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-030-tan-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 - yeah I know its tan but cheap as chips

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-glock-18c-electric-airsoft-pistol.htm#.VXG0b0bqfIU - ahhh crap its out of stock atm

(same stuff just rebranded cyma to ASG - cheers to sp00n for review n info on this)

• Supporters

At that price for a new one I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it. But that's just me.

• Supporters

In that case, without knowing the size of the spring you need I'd say the same as SD, try an old biro spring or something.

• Supporters

No replacement... Poo

Bad luck.

• Supporters

c'mon - don't give up the ghost just yet....

http://www.greekairsoft.gr/manuals/manual.asp?Manufacturer=CYMA&Filename=Cyma+Glock+18C+CM030+Manual.pdf

pdf - page 6 or 6 is exploded diagram - maybe that might help to perform some sort of fix or bodge for mag

and might show semi/auto selector possibles - jeez what ya got to lose if gun is boned as it currently stands

Gonna save and get baby m4 or something, it just makes more sense to me to have electric, mags are cheaper, easier to fix, easier to upgrade or modify and electricity costs less than gas

• Supporters

It is supposed to be a backup or secondary....

£30 - £27 if 10% still works

That gun n mag is like £15 from TWG

bit of gas - use propane

If mag or gun plays up chuck n buy a new one at those prices

Still to each their own, how much and big is baby M4 gonna cost ya

Baby m4 is kind of more versatile because of how common the mags are, if I need to borrow a mag, 100% guarantee that someone has a spare m4 mag, but not so much and mp5

• Supporters

Fair enough though if you are looking for sniper secondary for use like spray n retreat kinda thing then this would be one of the rare times I would suggest the G&G Fire Hawk HC05 DSG.

Crap for CQB coz no semi but then as a sniper you ain't gonna be doing CQB so worth a look perhaps when considering Ares ???

Anyway I'm done on this

It is up to you sir what you decide

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.