AFUK Team members and The Mall Reading

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There is no Forum team as such..

But yes a lot of us southern heads attend the Mall quite a bit.

If your asking as you need someone to tag with, start a thread about when you are going, if any regulars are too then meet up in the safe zone and say hi!... We dont bite... Hard..

Lol...

I've been a couple times now this year but plan on going more fequently.

Can't always bring a group along with me but not going at all sucks more than going alone. Will start a thread next time I'm going. I'm sure I've probably seen some of you there already.

The Mall is one of those places where team work doesn't. The CQB in there is pretty chaotic and the end result is its hard to stay with your team mates or work together in any reasonable way. You list line up at the fatal funnel and try to fight through it and that is about all you can do there.

There are teams in the woodland games where we have medic rules so staying together and fighting tactically are worth it.

TBH even if you go to The Mall as a team, you'll spend a lot of the day standing around waiting for each other if you try to stick together and need full comms to stand a chance of it happening. Even with that you'd have to be regular and know the layout very well otherwise the comms chat will go like i often witness;

"I'm spawned, where are you guys?"

"We're in a shop" or "In the basement" or "Upstairs"

"Where exactly"

"Erm if you go past this bit and that bit then we're there"

"Which bit is that? I can see this bit but not that bit?"

"Hello?" (all just been shot)

At The Mall it's more a case of turning up on the same day and having a good chin-wag over a ciggy in the breaks between games, or occasionally running into someone you recognize and going in the same direction until one you gets hit. There's no forum team but often see whoose going when.

Always happy to help someone find their feet there, and with 100-120 players each weekend (rarely the same ones) you'll have no trouble finding people to tag along with / chat to in safe-zone

Love the Mall but as mentioned already you really need to know it like the back of your hand to work as a team. I find 2 of you working together is more than enough. Luckily I can find my way round that place blind fold by now :)

Yeah I agree its a bit difficult to stick together at The Mall but it's always good to have a laugh with a few mates. And good when you are on the same frequency with clearing rooms etc.

It seems difficult trying to find out what the hell is going on from other players at times. The only time you get an enthusiastic response is when the terminator is coming! Lol

I will be at The Mall tonight if anyone is coming down. Apparently they have a new gun shop upstairs so I might just be purchasing a gun from there tonight :)

If anyone is going drop a comment and we can talk/join forces tonight. :)

The hardest part is looking as anti-social and miserable as possible, so you don't get people coming over and try to talk to you.

Even then you get someone appear next to you "oh wow, Ive got that scope too, we're like scope brothers"

Ahahaha. Pre-match burrito can clear a room faster than a bfg, and can be used in the safe-zone, although you may need to keep your eye-pro on if you get one with chillies

I will be at The Mall tonight if anyone is coming down. Apparently they have a new gun shop upstairs so I might just be purchasing a gun from there tonight :)

I'll be there tonight, I'll be the one who looks like Chachi from Happy Days and holding an MP7 :)

Ahahaha. Pre-match burrito can clear a room faster than a bfg, and can be used in the safe-zone, although you may need to keep your eye-pro on if you get one with chillies

Haha

Wish I could make it... finish work at 7pm.

Sundays are a looonnggg day. I prefer Thursdays so far and its darker so more practical use of tracers.

There are good things about Sundays though... less traffic getting there and lunch breaks!

• Supporters

I'm there tonight. I have an AFUK patch front and centre on my chest rig so come say hi if you spot me (black/typhon kit with a tan chest rig - I'll have either an M14 EBR, a Tan SCAR or an MP5K on the go tonight).

• Supporters

I've very much found that people either love the Mall or just can't stand it. If you take the time to learn your way around it's a great place. They've recently changed the layout and opened up some more routes out of the basement so the spawn camping/funnel of doom should be less pronounced but it's ALWAYS an issue in an enclosed environment like that. Personally I love the place but I can see how it doesn't suit everyone!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.