Slings and vest

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been looking into slings and vests and it's a bit of a mine field so I thought I'd ask for some advice. I've got a g&g cm raider and I want a sling to support the gun, what's the difference between single or 3 point slings in terms of supporting the gun when running around?

Also vests, ideally I want some way to carry 3 or 4 spare m4 mags, my g26 pistol and its spare mag and possibly a spare battery, what's best for this? I'll be outdoors in woodland. Also is there anything I should be carrying for a day skirmishing that I've missed out?

Thanks

Berto

3 point sling you connect to a couple points on the gun, front and back, so the gun it supported at both ends and therefore stays more level when not being held. This is more suitable for rifle sized guns. Personally I find this easier to walk around but harder to sprint around compared to single.

Single point sling connects to the gun on a single point, the back, so the guns only supported from one end and will hang down towards the floor. More suitable for CQB sized guns, and easier to sprint around with i find.

Dont have to get a vest if it seems like too much clothing, can just get a Molle belt (molle is the name of the system used to attach stuff to stuff, essentially two lines of loops), which i find enough room to fit 4 mag pouches on one side and pistol on the other. Essentially you either buy a vest with molle or a belt with molle and then buy and attach the pouches, or you can buy a vest with inbuilt pouches. Most people prefer molle as it's possible to customise/adjust to your ergonomic needs

Don't think you've missed anything you'd need to carry during a game, unless you get comms or reusable grenade might need some more pouches. You won't need to carry a spare battery, just swap it at lunch and you'll be all good. You'd prob want to head back to the safe-zone to swap the battery even if it did run-out mid-game.

Yeah, I think you only really need a vest to spread weight if you're carrying lots of heavy stuff, otherwise belt does the job and you don't get quite as bad patch of sweat underneath lol. Vest is also prob better than belt if you're a portly gentleman and it's hard to get the belt to comfortably sit round your waist.

vest will support the weight from the shoulders, belt from the waist, so upper/lower body strength could be considered. I could kick a tree in half but struggle to bend a spoon (non psychically) so i go for the belt.

I deliberated on all sorts of carrying aids for skirmishes. I was sold on a plate carrier as i wanted the protection in cqb and the option to carry loads of things by putting pouches all over it..

However i couldnt get in with one.. found it restricting and bulky so i bought a chest rig... loved it and customised ot with extra pouches.

Now i feel i carry too much stuff but always fins myself wanting more pouches to be able to carry more kit...

Its dangerous. I carry too much but need so much more!!!.

My (long winded) point is only you wikl know what you need and want to use once you play often. I find myself constantly adjusting loadouts and kit..

But then i play cqb and woodland and have a couple of guns which require different pouches so its not easy knowing what to have..

Theres no such thing as THE PERFECT loadout as we arw all didferent with different guns and needs. Id love a low profile set up bit ots not my style.

We tend to tweek loadouts and kit after each game..

Excuse the typos.. fat fingers n small phone whilst walking are a bad combo.. im actually surprised there are not more!!

With the Raider you should have a single sling point already between the back of the receiver and the stock tube. If you use a single point you have the advantage that if you need to shoot left handed then swapping over with single point is dead easy, but very difficult with two or three point (although easier with three point than two).

If you have the short Raider then a single point is definitely much easier to use (I had one on my Raider S), although 2 or 3 point would still work well on the Raider L.

If you are not carrying too much gear then a belt kit is definitely lighter, although adding a yolk to take the weight off your hips can help. I've done that with mine, which also meant I could customise the yolk and belt to take a clipped in Camelbac for those longer summer outdoor games.

Avoid 3 points, they are gash and outdated. An adjustable 2 point like a VTAC would be much more comfortable.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.