WELL MB4411

ylondon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Buy from anywhere but BB4L / JBBG etc! well that and Special Airsoft Supplies

Some good shops are Zero One, Airsoft World, Land Warrior Airsoft, Airsoft Zone and Fire Support

Pro Airsoft Supplies and Wolf Armouries which are in London

I have seen that gun at TaiwanGun, which is a Polish retailer, so they don't do two-tone.

Pretty sure I saw the MB4411 at Patrol Base the last time I went but it isn't actually listed on their website.

If you can find it most places will do a two tone painting service for £10+ or some like Zero One will do it for free.

I wouldn't recommend a sniper rifle as a first gun though. Sniping in airsoft is not as fun as it might look because you will realistically only get a few kills.

Not only this but building a ghillie suit is basically a must if you want to stay hidden which is gonna take a lot of time and work.

Also the most important thing is sniper rifles take A LOT of upgrading to be any good and it costs a lot. When you buy one stock the range and accuracy won't be great so you might as well just have an AEG.

If you did buy a sniper rifle I would say buy a Tokyo Marui but they are gonna be around £200.

Welcome to the forum by the way

Guest PT247

I'd avoid any gun that is built as a 2-tone, far better to buy a decent gun then get it painted. Also an out the box sniper gun will not perform well, generally snipers require around £500 to get them shooting reliably and consistently straight throughout their range. When skirmishing a sniper has an MED (minimum engagement distance) so unless it is perfect the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages of a regular AEG.

thanks for the welcome and advise. im not actually looking to go to airsoft games at the moment maybe in the future if i was going to go i would go for mmy child hood dream gun the g36 lol. for now the sniper is just for target practice. the main reason im looking at this sniper is purely the look if theres another like this that dont need that much upgrading that would be great

Also an out the box sniper gun will not perform well, generally snipers require around £500 to get them shooting reliably and consistently straight throughout their range.

Sorry I have to disagree with that statement. You don't need to fork out that much money to get a decent rifle with a good shot consistency. My rifle has cost me less than £160~ in parts with both accuracy and consistency within it's effective range. Also if you upgrade everything imaginable then you can actually run the risk of having your rifle loose consistency or accuracy.

I'm not looking to start an argument, but that amount just struck me as ridiculous.

On topic: Mr B hit the nail on the head. A sniper rifle isn't an ideal starter platform but it can be done if you have the patience to stick it out. A stock Tokyo Marui VSR will set you back £190-£200 but is a brilliant weapon out of the box. However it has a low fps so your range won't be on par with a properly tuned rifle but it will at the very least be skirmishable. Additionally due to it's low fps you won't have to worry about minimum engagement distances.

Guest PT247

Sorry I have to disagree with that statement. You don't need to fork out that much money to get a decent rifle with a good shot consistency. My rifle has cost me less than £160~ in parts with both accuracy and consistency within it's effective range. Also if you upgrade everything imaginable then you can actually run the risk of having your rifle loose consistency or accuracy.

I'm not looking to start an argument, but that amount just struck me as ridiculous.

On topic: Mr B hit the nail on the head. A sniper rifle isn't an ideal starter platform but it can be done if you have the patience to stick it out. A stock Tokyo Marui VSR will set you back £190-£200 but is a brilliant weapon out of the box. However it has a low fps so your range won't be on par with a properly tuned rifle but it will at the very least be skirmishable. Additionally due to it's low fps you won't have to worry about minimum engagement distances.

Fair point Happy, so £150 for a gun + another £150 to make it work properly so £300 ish total. A fair bit less than the £500 I said, tbh the £500 was trying to work out how much mine cost minus the HPA set up and I had a few extended gas mags at £60 each so about right for a gas gun and some mags but way OTT if going spring! :-)

wow thanks for all the advise from everyone. im still abit lost with what to buy. basically im looking for a sniper i wont have to upgrade and one that shoots reasonably accuratly at say 120ft because that is around the length of where ill be shooting , if that is possible for a sniper out of box im looking to spend between 120-250 on a gun out of the box. also would still pref it to look modern like the WELL MB4411 or the ASG AW 338. again thanks for the help

If you can get your hands on an A&K M24 or similar, that should be fine. Cleaning out the barrel and hop rubber as well as replacing the spring with a more powerful one would be fine. There will be no issues with slam firing as the sears A&K put into their rifles are very good quality from what I've heard.

They also make fairly decent SVD replicas if you're interested in something a little different- you have a choice between the original 1963 design with fixed stock, or the '90s SVD-S paratrooper variant with a folding stock. By default they both have black polymer furniture however there are wood kits available for them if you're up for a little sanding and fitting.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.