Face masks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My current face mask is bulky, difficult to breath in and a general nightmare to use for and longer than half an hour. I was wondering if anyone could give any insight on a good new mask, which type of mask is superior, whether to go full face, or partial, goggles and mesh mouth or just goggles? Any help appreciated

Guest PT247

trial and error is the way forward unfortunately.... what works for one will be hell for another. I wear ESS shooting glasses, no mask because I massively overheat and get claustrophobic in masks.... I don't recommend this as it leaves you vulnerable to injury but it is all that I can work with, have tried various full face and mesh configurations, all are uncomfortable and restrictive for my play style. Others I know get on great.... cheap lower mesh is worth trying but you need to mod it to get it to work with your glasses/goggles from what I have seen, full face mesh looks the best for protection/visibility but will hinder getting to your sights

Guest PT247

the full mesh "fencing" style masks give you good all round visibility and allow you to breath/keep cooler better. Any full face will hinder aiming down the sights to some extent but some more than others.

I go with a mesh lower the one with two straps at the back and fan assisted goggles along with a fast helmet. I use to wear just goggles and a cap but I really don't like being shot in the face. Once got concussion from a sniper shot god knows what weight he was using.

I go with a mesh lower the one with two straps at the back and fan assisted goggles along with a fast helmet. I use to wear just goggles and a cap but I really don't like being shot in the face. Once got concussion from a sniper shot god knows what weight he was using.

I remember that

For the same reasons as beastmode, I got sick of being shot in the mouth all the time and scratching my head as I just wore mesh goggles or glasses and a jungle hat

So glad I went goggles & mask, I can't count the amount of times being hit on the head, goggles or mask

Saw someone get a tooth shot in half on my first ever skirmish, pointed me away from comfort/vanity/laziness to full face safety lol.

Still manage to get shot on the head every-time tho, always a mm gap somewhere that seems to have some kind of BB magnetism as far as my luck is concerned!

I've been lucky then as I've still got my teeth despite being shot in the mouth countless times

Just got to get the mask away from the bridge of my nose a bit but once gameplay starts, it goes out of my head

Purchased these as a starter goggle. Been hit a few times but they haven't broken...

...yet (would recommend clear goggles as I keep falling over tree roots where I can't see them 😂😂

Tbh bud id spend a bit more than 2.50 on you eye protection. Is the single most important thing you will own for airsoft. Even more important than a gun!

• Supporters

There is no such thing as 'starter' eye pro, it's the one thing you put money in to right from the beginning. Buy a cheap gun or vest to get in to the game sure; but ebay tat like that is not suitable. If you buy plastic lenses you get them from a reputable brand and make sure they have a proper rating.

It's not like you need £120+ Oakley fan goggles either, 5 seconds of searching ebay brings up ESS and BOLLE full seal eye pro on eBay for £20 and under. If you can't afford that, then I'm sorry you can't afford to play airsoft.

As above really. Im a new player and first thing i bought was a set of ess v12 for £25. I have had to gut the foam off them as they tended to fog up at the ucap bunker. But well worth the money! And £20 to keep your eyesight is a bargin.

I gutted the foam around the fins on the edges of mine, also helped. Is there to stop dust not bb's but just prevents air movment or seemed too. Helped not having it there

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.