Face protection

James Flynn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys.

I am in need of some full face protection. As I am 16 I have to use full face protection but I am stumped on who makes good protection and who to avoid. Price is not an issue as I'd much rather spend money on a decent mask than to have half of my tooth refilled after a stray bb has chipped the other half off.

If anyone can give me some advice on good makes or even link me to some good masks that would be great :D

Thanks in advance :D

You've done a good job there, does the lower make contact with your face or "float" in front of it?

As there's no strap on the face mask it sort of floats. It's not got the horrible face squishing feeling because of it. I also removed about an inch from the bottom so I can look down without any problems. You can also see I've filled the gap between the nose and the goggles with foam and a glue gun. It's nice and comfortable! My aim was to make a perfect mask which for me it is! I also have another which is cut round my Wiley x nerve goggles. It's built in to a jack Pyke balaclava and can sit nicely up to the goggles.

You've inspired me to have a go now.

The reason I asked is because I don't get on with mesh lowers because they contact around the jaw and cheek bones, which for me means the mesh grates up and down on my face and the bridge of the nose pushes my goggles up and down when talking/running/open mouth breathing etc.

also like you say, you can't look down to see your mag pouches because the bottom of it hits your collarbone. But having said that getting shot in the teeth is never fun, and I've plenty of spares to tinker with.

I've done the same with my goggles & mask

In fact, it was snakeeyes who inspired me to do it, like snake, the mask floats which is more comfy & allows me to get my radio Mic inside the mask

With mine, the fabric was glued down so I pulled it off, trimmed the wire & glued the fabric back with hot melt glue

• Supporters

I might get my Blue Peter Itsy n Bitsy craft box out & have a go myself

Looks like best of both worlds without the tortue or face imprint

(It's not that I ain't very manly or hard - just if I don't wear full face I scare the younger players)

Well, I'm glad to see that i'm inspiring everyone to hack up their face masks lol! Maybe I should make a tutorial? It's pretty simple tbh. If you use a heat gun to warm the fabric edging it peels back very easily. It's elasticated too so when it comes time to re-attach it, it's fairly simple as you just re heat the glue ond press it back on, if you have a glue gun you can make it as good as new.

When I mentioned that I cut an inch off the bottom, I'd like to point out that it still covers my chin, if i'm talking I have to be a bit careful but good points > bad points :) I find the nuprol goggles perfect for this as you don't have to hack up the top edge.

Since making this mask I've added a cut down Jack Pyke balaclava, It's hot glued to the top fabric edge and hides the lower (Making me appeal more hardcore).

4805CCF6-3CA1-4325-ABF7-793CD893EBD8_zps

Or you could just buy a black bear rampage mask.

Tried that! I find my solution is just more slimline plus the cheek weld is still good. I also use a sweatband to cover my ears and stop streams of wet getting in my eyes. Each to there own I suppose.

• Supporters

Tried that! I find my solution is just more slimline plus the cheek weld is still good. I also use a sweatband to cover my ears and stop streams of wet getting in my eyes. Each to there own I suppose.

Yeah the cheek weld is crap with the mask you have to use a riser on your scope to be able to use it. Might give your idea a try.

Yeah the cheek weld is crap with the mask you have to use a riser on your scope to be able to use it. Might give your idea a try.

Plus for me being a sniper I prefer to cover/camo as much of my face as possible.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.