Could anybody tell me (roughly) how much this is worth?

donovanep

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A friend of mine is selling this M4 and I was thinking of buying it.

He tells me it's an electric Tokyo Marui full metal rifle. New price worth apparently £450, but I just wanted to find out a little more about it before buying it for £180 second hand, including the scope and handle.

If anybody could help me out that'd be great. Big apologies for the low quality pictures, that's all I have unfortuantely. The rifle is the top one on the first picture.

post-11451-0-67294300-1433119171_thumb.jpgpost-11451-0-46050900-1433119172_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Unless i'm mistaken that's a TM Sopmod M4 which is worth around £450 new, the colt engravings look like they have been coloured in as they are normally just black.

I'd find out if he has changed anything internally or if the gun has any issues. Assuming it's all working properly that is a ridiculously low price and i'd definitely buy it as it's not uncommon to see people putting them on sale second hand for around the £400 mark(i'd argue that's too much but they are sought after reliable guns)

Usually TM's are plastic not full metal, i think it was ICS did a full metal M4 with white colt engravings so just make sure he has some proof it is TM, also make sure he tells you what work he has done intenrally/externally and if it is fully working and in good condition. If its actually a TM recoil and it works, £180 is a steal mate, if you dont buy it off him i will :P

• Supporters

Usually TM's are plastic not full metal, i think it was ICS did a full metal M4 with white colt engravings so just make sure he has some proof it is TM, also make sure he tells you what work he has done intenrally/externally and if it is fully working and in good condition. If its actually a TM recoil and it works, £180 is a steal mate, if you dont buy it off him i will :P

TM Recoils are metal.

Thanks guys. You're all a great help

I'm getting a little suspicious this isn't a TM now after doing a little resesrch, mainly from the coloured engravings. I'm going to take it into an air soft shop near me for them to confirm before handing over the money I think.

If it is an ICS M4 then I assume the £180 price isn't good value as I've seen them online, new for £175

I'm getting a little suspicious this isn't a TM now after doing a little resesrch, mainly from the coloured engravings. I'm going to take it into an air soft shop near me for them to confirm before handing over the money I think.

Be sure to carry it safely (discretely), if you can't provide the police with a defence*, a rifle bag (which, while proper storage) may draw unwanted attention. A plain/original box would be good.

*You almost always can AFAIK, it's just how long do you want to spent convincing them to give it back to you, 10 minutes or 2 weeks.

If it is an ICS M4 then I assume the £180 price isn't good value as I've seen them online, new for £175

If its an ICS it will say ICS on the other side of the receiver. It will also have a Split gearbox. I dont think its ICS as im pretty sure they dont use those body pins either.

Think its a Cybergun rebranded CYMA. Same trades, same body pins and I think they have the sling plate as standard.

022.jpg

If it was a TM it'd have Tokyo Marui on it somewhere. think for M4 sopmod its the side of the receiver, above the trigger on the dust-cover side, not sure if it's the same for recoil and non-recoil versions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.