L110A2

OllieCas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has any idea what L110 this is e.g. Who made it, got it second hand from the MOD and there is no record of who made it, as it needs some repairs and I need to know what parts to get for it

Thanks

(Will post pics)

just looks like an m249 SAW.

Hunting around online, these seem to be made by a few people, G&P and A&K.

They can apparently take most V2 gearbox parts for internals and A&K/G&P externals.

Yeah, mostly needs externals and a bit of internals, guess I'll just shop around and see what parts look best

• Supporters

All the pics of the CA gun I can find show it with the gas blocks in black, whereas Ollie's has the light grey hue as per an A&K gun. The quick-change barrels might be compatible between brands admittedly but if it was a test gun the MoD was trying out it's unlikely they'd have swapped parts like that around between guns I reckon.

AFAIK nobody's manufactured an airsoft Minimi with the para stock and that thinner old-school 'Mk1' handguard but given where that gun's come from they probably took the US style handguard off and replaced it with the style we issue (that's my guess anyway).

Yeah, if the A&K one is a copy of the CA gun I should be alright, Ive pretty much decided that it must be an A&K, and I have managed to find a replacement handguard (for the right hand side as it is missing), I guess I will buy that and see how it goes.

Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated

Oh and just one more thing, I guess the MoD do sometimes change the handguards either that or its the A1 version, which would actually make sense consideringthe I got it in a batch of ex MoD rifles and all of the SA80s that came with it were A1s

Dunno, just food for thought I guess

minimi.jpg

• Supporters

Was this from a government surplus/disposal site or company of some kind? If they had a bunch of A1 style L85 AEGs they must've bought the Army Armament clones given how cheap they are compared to ICS and G&G.

Yeah the L85s were Army Armament, I got it from Ramco (Surplus supply dealers) and got about 60 weapons in total,2 Minimis, 50 Spring SA80s, 10 Army Armament SA80s, 1 ICS L86A2 LSW (I think, no manufacturers name written on it) a couple of TM Glocks and some Brownings

Most of the weapons are in pretty bad shape thanks to years of Squaddies throwing them around, Only 1 of the Minimis was in serviceable condition which is the one in the picture

• Supporters

lol, I'm not surprised. People treat their issued weapons badly enough, but luckily they're all old, heavy things which will take a beating without issue and people get used to that. Even mid-high range airsoft guns would really struggle, let alone cheap ones. Be interesting to know who was using them, especially springers, they'd not be good for anything really beyond maybe weapon handling/safety practice.

The springers were just used as dummies I think as they are full weight (somehow). Bootnecks were using the AEGs for CQC training.

Just opened up some of the springers and it looks like their working parts have been taken out, had to check inside one of the more damaged ones as the TMH is sealed on. They look like they have been filled in with something to add weight. There are a few un-filled springers so I guess they may have been skill at arms, but their holding open devices and bolt release catches are non-functioning so I'm not entirely sure if they were skill at arms as they aren't very true to the real steel weapon.

Also, while we're here, that phot was taken a while ago and I have since lost the pin for the gas parts (just forward of gas parts under barrel in picture), any Ideas where I can find a new on its own, or anywhere that I can get a replacement outer barrel, been searching and cant find any UK sites that have them in stock

• Supporters

Maybe they couldn't get hold of the dummy weighted rifles. Seems odd though, most places I've been the gym has a bunch in a cupboard for battle phys.

Doubt you'll find that pin on its' own tbh, or spare barrel assemblies in the UK. I've never really searched in depth, but the only places I've seen extra barrel sets have been the larger airsoft stores overseas. Europe and HK.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.