Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

waaaait a second, is a seller putting their own ad in macks with a link showing the product being cheaper brand new!? :wacko:

Huge plot twist right there.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

waaaait a second, is a seller putting their own ad in macks with a link showing the product being cheaper brand new!? :wacko:

51F2ECCB-2277-4B5F-AA28-1133F11675A2.jpeg

On 30/05/2015 at 20:02, Rock-climby-Dave said:

I quite like the idea of this thread. Always good for a laugh, plus it'll help with people learning more about actual values of items they want to sell.

Usual forum rules of being courteous apply, so to avoid any confrontation and any advertising of items for sale on here, can we keep this to 'bargains found on OTHER forums'

Also, if it transpires that the item is listed here too, please remove the link (or have it removed) and if the OP of the other thread contacts any user or moderators asking removal of their items, can we please do so?

All that said, Go get bargain hunting!

I’m very new here, I know but does this part no longer apply?

• Head Moderator

2 hours ago, Ropeyshep said:

I’m very new here, I know but does this part no longer apply?

No.  Superceded by this post (on page 14):

On 03/04/2018 at 22:53, proffrink said:

A bump to let everyone know that you can now discuss AFUK classifieds listings in this thread.

Including adverts from our own Classifieds helps to educate the membership of the forum.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

He lives just down the road from me if he's actually in talke. I could almost shout "its overpriced you dreamer" from my back garden and hed hear it.

It's literally double the average RRP (if you can find one in stock), I don't think "dreamer" is an accurate description for ads like that, maybe we need a "piss taking cnut" thread for the really speshul ones🤪 

I do hope he visits the forum ?

😏 

2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

He lives just down the road from me if he's actually in talke. I could almost shout "its overpriced you dreamer" from my back garden and hed hear it.

Hello fellow stokey! I'm close to Talke too.

The multi bases are on sale at JD airsoft in Cannock, not sure about the top bits though

34 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

It's no longer manufactured.  He can name his price pretty much.  However excessive. 

Wholey this. Its not available in stores anymore and isnt being made.  Sooo  price goes up as availability goes down

40 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

It's no longer manufactured.  He can name his price pretty much.  However excessive. 

5 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Wholey this. Its not available in stores anymore and isnt being made.  Sooo  price goes up as availability goes down

As much as this is true, you’ve gotta be some sort of fucking nut job to pay that for a reusable grenade! 😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

43 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Not that much it doesn't, especially as there are viable alternatives still available, clearly he's massively overpriced it to allow wiggle room for haggling, hoping some desperate noob still pays more than RRP.

Free market.  He clearly knows it's a sought after item and perhaps doesn't know about the new BFGs that are similar.  Perhaps he does.  Either way, it's most likely not going anywhere at that price.  Even if some noob does pay more than RRP it's irrelevant as you can't buy them new anymore.  It's all very well pointing out the piss takers when there is a plentiful supply of alternatives but for stuff no longer made, you just have to let the market decide.

15 hours ago, E21A said:

As much as this is true, you’ve gotta be some sort of fucking nut job to pay that for a reusable grenade! 😂

Thats true.  I wouldnt.  But its relying on someone wanting a trmr in particular either due to love of look or being under the impression that they are the best impact nade ever made.  Tbh it was on my want list and missed the boat sadly on getting one.

15 hours ago, Tackle said:

Not that much it doesn't, especially as there are viable alternatives still available, clearly he's massively overpriced it to allow wiggle room for haggling, hoping some desperate noob still pays more than RRP.

So from that logic. Why spend hundreds on a second hand real sword SVD when cyma are still making copies of it?  Not a clean comparison because i would expect the RS to be better built. 

I guess im trying to saying that just because its not being manufactured doesnt make people not want it and due to percieved rarity be willing to spend more than rrp.  Though i hope your right about haggle wriggle room. Because thats not far from double what it was, which seems a bit rich.

On a side note. Anyone checked out the tectonic innovation grenades firesupport are advertising?  Definately trying to fill the trmr hole in the market?

12 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Thats true.  I wouldnt.  But its relying on someone wanting a trmr in particular either due to love of look or being under the impression that they are the best impact nade ever made.  Tbh it was on my want list and missed the boat sadly on getting one.

The other concern would be availability of spare parts, if it break presumably it’s a paperweight? 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, kasaran said:

So from that logic. Why spend hundreds on a second hand real sword SVD when cyma are still making copies of it?  Not a clean comparison because i would expect the RS to be better built. 

I guess im trying to saying that just because its not being manufactured doesnt make people not want it and due to percieved rarity be willing to spend more than rrp.  Though i hope your right about haggle wriggle room. Because thats not far from double what it was, which seems a bit rich.

On a side note. Anyone checked out the tectonic innovation grenades firesupport are advertising?  Definately trying to fill the trmr hole in the market?

Lol, I'd buy the cyma, in fact my first M14 was the TM, awesome gun & performance, which in a moment of madness I sold, years later I picked up a CYMA version, not expecting great things, wtf, how wrong was I, it's superb & so far a match for the TM.

At the end if the day all our toys propel bb's, admittedly some do it a wee bit better than others, & maybe look slightly prettier when doing it, but does it necessarily justify the difference between a £120 gat & a £1000 gat, I don't think so, not for "playing soldiers" lol.

The same could be said for things that go bang, his £180 TMR or my £40 dynatec ?, Which has been going strong for 18yrs.

🤔

The trmr is massively overhyped. 

Asking double new rrp, when they are easy to get hold of still anyway, is definitely taking the piss.

Actually rare and desirable kit like a Marui uzi or a marui spas 12 with folding stock only fetches it's new rrp now. If anything theyve lost money with depreciation.

8 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

The trmr is massively overhyped. 

Asking double new rrp, when they are easy to get hold of still anyway, is definitely taking the piss.

Do tell where you can get them easily.  I see lots of WTB ads but rarely any for sale.