Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

9 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

£420 shipped for something I ordered for £169 last week (and mine's new in single tone battleship grey) 🤣

Oh wow, that's quite something. I just had a quick check and they probably did pay around £400 new for the whole package but considering it's two tone and how little mags, batteries, foregrips and replica sights and slings are worth as extra's it probably needs to be about 50% of what it's advertised at.

He's obviously seen this and dropped the price. A massive reduction to £400

Still a piss take though 

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

He's obviously seen this and dropped the price. A massive reduction to £400

Still a piss take though 

£400 + £20 postage.

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

eh, by the time you worked it all out and did the usual 60% it wasnt far off. such a niche gun i'm surprised it sold at all

What I meant by that is, that by Adee1499’s pricing structure, you could have easily doubled that 😉😂👍

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

What I meant by that is, that by Adee1499’s pricing structure, you could have easily doubled that 😉😂👍

Fair point, i mean if i coulda got new prices.......

• Supporters

not really an issue with the pricing here given all the stuff that comes with it, but a dsg on a barrel that length?

edit:

forget that, looky what i just found:

even if it's a recoil model that's a tad steep given the info provided.....

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Wants the buyer to pay pp fees too

Wants the buyer to work out what they are as well: "The PayPal service fees are not include, please pay an extra fees when you are making payment via PayPal."

But "free" (i.e. included) shipping?

Alternatively, pick up in Central Manchester, or apparently from a remote wind-swept hillside in Dumfries & Galloway, according to the map location given.

Lazy is never a good look when you're asking someone to part with £580 (plus secret fees) on trust.

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Wants the buyer to work out what they are as well: "The PayPal service fees are not include, please pay an extra fees when you are making payment via PayPal."

This is one of my pet peeves. Which other way is there to pay? Unless I knew the seller well I wouldn't feel comfortable paying cash upon collection. Plus at least state how much extra postage cost (I know in this case they've stated "free" but in general) would be.

Plus of course it's overpriced. These are £400 new, 4 x mags and a foregrip don't warrant £340 on top of the £240 (at 60% value for the RIF alone). 

I have ZERO interest in sales where the seller asks for fees. Just add it to your asking price. Not a chance in hell I am going to pay for something worth more than £20 to someone I dont know with F&F (I would buy something small from a regular on here using it but never for a gun or anything substantial or from a random)

Its just silly. Had one guy a while back have a right moan as I paid with G&S without telling him. Bought some mags or something for £40 and he was not going to post until I paid the fees etc even though he didnt mention fees in his ad. He gave up in the end as I was not going to back down and said either send them or I open a case :D 

13 minutes ago, Raven1 said:

What gets my goat too is when you are trying to buy a £100 pistol and they try and stiff you on the fees saying it'll be a tenners worth...jog on its less that £4. There are plenty of fees calculators out there.

Not only that but take a secondhand Marui pistol for example. If it's £100 + £15 postage + £4 fees = £119.

Quite often you can find the same pistol brand new and with postage (and yes Paypal fees) included from firesupport for £10 - £15 more.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

I have ZERO interest in sales where the seller asks for fees. Just add it to your asking price.

agreed, both buying and selling it's easier to just give a straight posted price.

only time i can see postage being a big enough issue to deal with separately is if you're posting international which isn't a massive issue given most of our members are uk based.

22 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

agreed, both buying and selling it's easier to just give a straight posted price.

only time i can see postage being a big enough issue to deal with separately is if you're posting international which isn't a massive issue given most of our members are uk based.

I would much rather see I want £XX amount rather than have to do sums, Just add a tenner for delivery and fees if its a small item and £20 for a RIF. and leave arguing room. Its really not difficult.

And dont get me started on the posters who put collection only. And dont put a location *facepalm* 

I always give an all inclusive price for anything over £20 and let the buyer ask about a lower price if he wants to collect. Since all but two transactions I've made on here have been posted it makes far more sense to cater to those transactions. 

15 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I always give an all inclusive price for anything over £20 and let the buyer ask about a lower price if he wants to collect. Since all but two transactions I've made on here have been posted it makes far more sense to cater to those transactions. 

Mostly I agree, but international (even to Eire) shipping can be expensive and problematic, so it depends what I’m selling

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

I would much rather see I want £XX amount rather than have to do sums, Just add a tenner for delivery and fees if its a small item and £20 for a RIF. and leave arguing room. Its really not difficult.

And dont get me started on the posters who put collection only. And dont put a location *facepalm* 

same, i mean when you're selling secondhand stuff you're gonna be taking such a loss anyway from depreciation.

same with paypal fees, end of the day it's the price you pay for convenience of being able to safely accept money and not worth arguing over.

skipping a days shooting is going to save you more money than you're gonna lose in postage+fee's most of the time.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Mostly I agree, but international (even to Eire) shipping can be expensive and problematic, so it depends what I’m selling

Of course if someone asked to post something overseas that will have an extra cost but generally people anticipate that and in my experience at least are very understanding of it. 

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

Of course if someone asked to post something overseas that will have an extra cost but generally people anticipate that and in my experience at least are very understanding of it. 

Then I shall resolve to be better 🙂