Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters

"have been upgrading it throughout so it has never been skirmished"

A gnu that's sold as fully pre-awesomely upgraded out of the box.

I pity the fool, really.

Is the sum of the mentioned ‘upgrades’ a fluted cylinder and an enlarged bolt handle? Or did we just not bother listing the others? Let me guess...

3903EE85-918B-464E-8F43-F3C952ADB9B7.jpeg.6459a30ffc6737cc34fe14eee7fc31fb.jpeg

General advice to avoid the no doubt incoming twisting of knickers. If you’re selling something with aftermarket parts in it, tell folks what they are.

Selling a second hand RIF (irrelevant of its use, unless you’re a retailer it’s second hand) for £500+ is a tall order. Ultimately you don’t have to justify your price to anyone... but a detailed listing of what exactly potentially interested parties are actually getting will aid any chance of a successful sale you have.

Yeah but it's got an adaptor and suppressor cover! 😉

Regards 

I find it interesting the trend with 2nd hand Novritsch Sales:

A.) How many Novritsch items come up for sale unskirmished.

B.) How similar so many of the listings are (only used for backyard plinking)

C.) I bought this two days ago but now I’m leaving Airsoft forever, press F to pay respects.

It makes me suspect that the Novritsch team has become less stringent on checking for a defence as so many of these seem to have been bought by people who are not active skirmishers. Maybe a “sales a sale” attitude has been adopted to get through a tough time?

Still, it’s a second hand item and the price is silly if he wants to tempt someone to by his one instead of just buying a new unit from NV.

19 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I find it interesting the trend with 2nd hand Novritsch Sales:

A.) How many Novritsch items come up for sale unskirmished.

B.) How similar so many of the listings are (only used for backyard plinking)

C.) I bought this two days ago but now I’m leaving Airsoft forever, press F to pay respects.

It makes me suspect that the Novritsch team has become less stringent on checking for a defence as so many of these seem to have been bought by people who are not active skirmishers. Maybe a “sales a sale” attitude has been adopted to get through a tough time?

Still, it’s a second hand item and the price is silly if he wants to tempt someone to by his one instead of just buying a new unit from NV.

The ONLY reason to buy a Nov. gun, used or second hand, would be to get it cheap enough to sell it on at a still stupidly cheap price for somebody else to learn a hard lesson, cheaply.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Mmm, good observation.  Possibly he's assuming that goods coming in from the EU aren't even checked by Border Farce, so he doesn't bother requiring a defence.  After all, he's not subject to UK laws, it's purely an economic question of whether the toy gets delivered, returned, or destroyed.

It does seem to mostly be US and Far East air mail shipments that people report being stopped, rather than stuff being trucked in from the Continent.

It’s anecdotal evidence at best at the end of the day. Given the bulk of his products are ‘sniper’ focused I wouldn’t be shocked if folks take the gnu out for a morning session, don’t enjoy the play style, carefully place (read as ‘lob’) it back in the case at lunchtime and pop it up as ‘unskirmished’ the moment they get home.

“Selling because sniping isn’t for me” is probably the number one reason for sale I see in the springer section. Given the marketing behind the SSG range it tracks that they’re often purchased by folks that haven’t used a bolt action gnu before, and thus the cycle is complete.

I also think there is an element of folks feeling they have to justify their reason of sale and often the actual reason could put off potential buyers.

Example:

”Selling because it’s a safe queen and deserves to be used.”

Sounds much better than.

“Selling because I’ve put a heap of money into this and it still isn’t performing as well as my other RIFs so I just want to make some of my money back”.

(Yes, this is also all anecdotal)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

(Yes, this is also all anecdotal)

Sounds absolutely bang on though.

It's why I'd always suggesting buying a sub-£100 VSR-a-like just to see if you enjoy it.  Throw in a £20 spring and piston and you'll be up to 500fps, some cheap tuning and you're much of the way there.

Nobritsch is selling a dream - his videos are basically marketing for how effective sniping is.  And like all marketing, well, if you believe that, I have a bridge unskirmished fully upgraded SSG to sell you.

I hope the warranty is the same as Vortex, these sights, whilst good, are only £233 brand new from The Hunting Edge.

I just checked, it’s not.  lifetime limited warranty for first owner only

11 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

More expensive than new

Screenshot_20200908-181209.png

Yeah but God loves a tryer lol

Regards 

• Supporters

I'd question, without further information at least, the quality of a shimming job when a "lightly skirmished" 2-tone suggests an inexperienced owner.

Maybe he had a tech, or a more experienced mate do it, but it's not explicitly stated.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Another more expensive than new...but it's OK, it's been re-shimmed and got blue bits. Totally worth the £45 more than TaiwanGun. 😉

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'd question, without further information at least, the quality of a shimming job when a "lightly skirmished" 2-tone suggests an inexperienced owner.

Maybe he had a tech, or a more experienced mate do it, but it's not explicitly stated.

The price isn't final - A friend of mine was very kind and shimmed two of my guns since both came from the supplier pretty grindy - but aside from that nothing was done. They do both come with some added externals, but I've adjusted prices to not include the flat shipping fee because now I'll calculate it before I ask for the money/sent the gun. Hurts a bit too have it called out in a meme thread however, a good point was raised - and has helped me adjust. Thank you

• Supporters

The issue your fighting is this:

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-028c-cyma

Same gun, brand new, and without 2-tone if you have your ukara for £35 less than your asking price (from last i checked just before writing). The general (although not exclusive) rule of thumb is ~60% of retail for a secondhand item.

This thread for sure is a strange way of evaluating the classifieds, but it can work well if you take it in the spirit of the same kind of banter youd find in your average airsoft safe zone.

You are of course free to ask whatever price you like, and you may be able to sell just fine, but at least now you know what you're competing with.

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Pengelly said:

The price isn't final - A friend of mine was very kind and shimmed two of my guns since both came from the supplier pretty grindy - but aside from that nothing was done. They do both come with some added externals, but I've adjusted prices to not include the flat shipping fee because now I'll calculate it before I ask for the money/sent the gun. Hurts a bit too have it called out in a meme thread however, a good point was raised - and has helped me adjust. Thank you

It's nothing personal, really.  It's just that sight and sound unseen, for all we know your friend is a ham-handed gibbon who's made it worse, it's the £95 plus postage gopping model with the M4 buffer which is going to have a limited market, the mid caps are handy but the blue bits just reduce the value further while not actually making it even close to being an IF.

Used plastic CYMAs are bargain guns, I'm afraid. You're free to ask whatever you want, but I think you're more likely to be offered half of that, if you can find anyone who wants that model.

46 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

You don't think... Could the airsofters be learning?

Just looking  out of my office window at RAF Sleepy in the Wolds, on the runway I can just see some Porky Mk1s taxi-ing for takeoff....

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

It's just the calm before the storm.

I have a message in my inbox.  I hope it's challenging me to a duel... :D

[UPDATE]

Huh, more reasonable points.  Look, just ban him, we don't need this sort of adult behaviour breaking out around here.

28 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I have a message in my inbox.  I hope it's challenging me to a duel... :D

[UPDATE]

Huh, more reasonable points.  Look, just ban him, we don't need this sort of adult behaviour breaking out around here.

I'm still holding out hope that one day we'll break avenger