Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Is the outer barrel steel? That’s where most of the weight is

2 hours ago, The Keeper of Secrets said:

You can go to Vegas and fire the real thing for about 30 dollars per round. I did it last summer during a road trip on the west coast. I don’t get why that’s not very believable.

You can fire them here too. It's more the 'basically the real thing' remark people are laughing at. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Think this one has been mentioned before but isn't a RS suppressor section 5?

Its made of steel but isn't for use on RS firearms. Poor wording on OP's behalf.

13 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Its made of steel but isn't for use on RS firearms. Poor wording on OP's behalf.

Ah Thanks for clearing that up, I did think it a little bizarre and couldn't find the original post to see if it had been clarified.

22 hours ago, E21A said:

“New” for £180 or actually new for £130ish 

https://www.rainbow8.com/products/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-5-1-gold-match-gbb-pistol

'Actually new' is closer to £160 without delivery but the seller has a point about them being out of stock. It appears I had good timing when I got mine. I've not seen them in stock anywhere in ages.

It's also not a 1911. Personal bugbear.

But imho... £180 delivered plus an extra mag and a holster? If I was in the market for another one and I didn't want to wait for a retailer restock... I would probably consider it.

How is it closer to £160?? 

Unless it’s been discontinued then the fact it’s out of stock means nothing. Also, it’s not new, it’s second hand, regardless of what the seller says. 

13 minutes ago, E21A said:

How is it closer to £160?? 

Unless it’s been discontinued then the fact it’s out of stock means nothing. Also, it’s not new, it’s second hand, regardless of what the seller says. 

It's closer to £160 because it's closer to £160.

Just a few examples...

Screenshot_20190405-080818_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3f82359e09d848995b752738b790a160.jpgScreenshot_20190405-080824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52805299440d8f67a7dd7fccd7e49bc9.jpgScreenshot_20190405-080834_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0be62307f9aad7538ee7ab3fa1d3097e.jpg

and those are without delivery.

I didn't say it was new at any point but they haven't been in stock anywhere that I've seen in 6 months+ so yeah, like I said... If I was in the market for another one, with an extra mag and a holster... I would consider it for £180 delivered.

3 minutes ago, E21A said:

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Yea, if you follow the link I posted, it’s £131 and it’s in stock 

Lol... You can facepalm yourself all you want. That's £131... From HONG KONG!

Add on delivery and import taxes... Closer to £160.

30 minutes ago, E21A said:

Never paid import tax on anything from rainbow 8. 

The fact still remains that its not new, and priced more than new. 

I have paid import taxes from HK, rainbow 8 included as have many others here... Only on things above a certain value.

I paid a ludicrous amount of import fees for my Prowin mags but it still worked out cheaper than buying them from the UK.

It's not priced more than new... You seem to still be overlooking the fact that it comes with an extra mag and a holster.

A mag, new is in the £20-30 range and the holster is too... In used terms that still about £30 more for both.

And while it's technically not new, the fact still remains, if I didn't want to wait for a UK/EU restock and I wanted one... I would consider it and so would many others. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Which is why selling on eBay is so successful.

Edit: it should also be noted, I am not intentionally defending the seller, but I do feel that in this particular instance, point the finger and making fun is a little unfair.

1 hour ago, Seven said:

I have paid import taxes from HK, rainbow 8 included as have many others here... Only on things above a certain value.

I paid a ludicrous amount of import fees for my Prowin mags but it still worked out cheaper than buying them from the UK.

It's not priced more than new... You seem to still be overlooking the fact that it comes with an extra mag and a holster.

A mag, new is in the £20-30 range and the holster is too... In used terms that still about £30 more for both.

And while it's technically not new, the fact still remains, if I didn't want to wait for a UK/EU restock and I wanted one... I would consider it and so would many others. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Which is why selling on eBay is so successful.

Edit: it should also be noted, I am not intentionally defending the seller, but I do feel that in this particular instance, point the finger and making fun is a little unfair.

I think the price isn't crazy but I wouldn't pay it for used equipment. I'd rather pay the difference and get a new one and this instance as it's not much extra and I could get the extended mags if I wanted. Problem with bundles is unless someone wants that mag and that holster with THAT gun it's not a good deal he needs to part it out or lower the price a bit to make it attractive to people looking for 2 out of 3 i.e the holster and gun or mag and gun. 

2 hours ago, Musica said:

I think the price isn't crazy but I wouldn't pay it for used equipment. I'd rather pay the difference and get a new one and this instance as it's not much extra and I could get the extended mags if I wanted. Problem with bundles is unless someone wants that mag and that holster with THAT gun it's not a good deal he needs to part it out or lower the price a bit to make it attractive to people looking for 2 out of 3 i.e the holster and gun or mag and gun. 

Take into account that TM are not making another batch available until at least May, so whilst the price is also too high form me, if somebody wants a GM now, they’re gonna have to pay

http://www.jdbay.net/listings/package-deal

Specna Arms Mk.18 - around £160 delivered from GunFire.

Army Armament's L85 - around £150?!

Two £50 pistols, a case and some magazines is what, £150 tops?!

So a very generous £400 or so.

But this guy wants £700, but hey, postage is included...

7 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

http://www.jdbay.net/listings/package-deal

Specna Arms Mk.18 - around £160 delivered from GunFire.

Army Armament's L85 - around £150?!

Two £50 pistols, a case and some magazines is what, £150 tops?!

So a very generous £400 or so.

But this guy wants £700, but hey, postage is included...

uh duh it's brand new "specna arms mk18 (brand new in box)"

it's 700+paypal fees.

Just now, Musica said:

uh duh it's brand new "specna arms mk18 (brand new in box)"

it's 700+paypal fees.

Ohhhhh, well, that is definitely worth such a price tag. Please stand still while I secrete £20 notes in your G-String.

• Supporters
On 05/04/2019 at 08:28, E21A said:

Never paid import tax on anything from rainbow 8. 

A properly declared £131 airsoft toy should attract both import duty, VAT (on the total cost including postage and import duty) and (depending on courier) a triple-penetration by being charged courier fees for paying that duty for you.

If the retailer is mislabelling to avoid it then you're gambling on being lucky enough to have it slip though.