Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Agreed scammers are scum.

Especially airsoft scammers, they prey on our addiction 😜

6 hours ago, E21A said:

Im actually friends with him IRL, along with few others from here. 

Corrected that for you :P 

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Interesting how you feel you have the right to “correct” people 

Delusions of grandeur much? 🤔

Only when I am not ruling the universe.

• Supporters
On 23/09/2018 at 20:22, Gepard said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multicam-Airsoft-Bullet-Proof-Vest-Not-Armoured-Plates-x4-M4-magazines/132310370472?hash=item1ece5008a8:g:VLQAAOSwz2tZpJ7v

A cheap £20 PC with a few Valken M4 mags. Yours for only £99.95! Act fast because somehow there are 12 watchers!

Two more watchers and a price drop to a bargain £80 - An absolute steal!

• Supporters

This has got to be a piss take wind up ! 

one sentence he’s saying it’s awsome only used once kit , next one he’s saying somthing is shagged ! 😳

make your mind up ! 🤦‍♂️

AND asking £1500 ! 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

This has got to be a piss take wind up ! 

one sentence he’s saying it’s awsome only used once kit , next one he’s saying somthing is shagged ! 😳

make your mind up ! 🤦‍♂️

AND asking £1500 ! 🤣🤣

I nearly put this in here when I saw it.
However, I cba to go through it to actually figure out if it was worth it.
One comment I will make though is - who on Earth is going to spend £1500 on that lot? I'm not saying it's a bad deal, as I have no idea - what I mean is - who would spend £1500 on a load of second hand kit, some of which you may not need / want, when you can spend the same amount on individual stuff and get EXACTLY what you want, and nothing you don't?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

who would spend £1500 on a load of second hand kit, some of which you may not need / want, when you can spend the same amount on individual stuff and get EXACTLY what you want, and nothing you don't?

Ah, but you're missing something important: it's collection only.

Jayzus, that is a new low.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, E21A said:

Even if the guns are £300 each, which I doubt, the rest of it isn’t worth £600

There not ! 

• Head Moderator
7 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Can we not just kill these ads somehow?

No.

Any member is free to post an advert. Providing that it does not break the forum Classifieds rules, i.e has actual pictures and prices (in which case they get a Moderator warning to amend their advert), and the Moderators will check.  It is the sellers's choice regarding the pricing and terms. However, a badly written advert, lacking details and good pictures is unlikely to sell. If you do not like the offer/terms then do not buy.  If any member feels that an advert does break the rules or is suspect, then we recommend that they report it for Moderator attention.

This topic, "Mack's airsoft dreamers", exists in a large grey area between poking fun at an advert and just being picky on pricing. It does give forum members the opportunity to flag up crazy pricing or potentially poor value adverts. The one downside is that not all members know what they are talking about when making posts here. Luckily this topic is mainly self regulating, needing minimal moderation, and serves a useful purpose.

Jedi's advice, caveat emptor, always do your due diligence as a buyer. And if in doubt make a topic to ask some questions that the community can help answer.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Can we not just kill these ads somehow?

Good god are you mad ! 😱

Wheres the fun in that ? !🤦‍♂️

😂😂

• Supporters

Ohhhhh!  I've just twigged, this is the angry young chap who used Just Cos insurance to buy his RIFs, instead of UKARA.  I'm not sure that he's ever actually played airsoft.  Given his rageaholism (he's been sending me "U WOT M8?" messages on the side), that's probably for the best.  *PLONK*ed.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Ohhhhh!  I've just twigged, this is the angry young chap who used Just Cos insurance to buy his RIFs, instead of UKARA.  I'm not sure that he's ever actually played airsoft.  Given his rageaholism (he's been sending me "U WOT M8?" messages on the side), that's probably for the best.  *PLONK*ed.

Sending you abusive messages? For what??? (I'm just being nosey, feel free to ignore)..
But if any member of the forum feels the need to be abusive to another member, then I would have thought a word with a moderator was a good idea?
Although PM's are private, I believe that certain standards should be maintained - and any form of abuse falls below that?

On 06/10/2018 at 07:55, sonofsammo said:

I nearly put this in here when I saw it.
However, I cba to go through it to actually figure out if it was worth it.
One comment I will make though is - who on Earth is going to spend £1500 on that lot? I'm not saying it's a bad deal, as I have no idea - what I mean is - who would spend £1500 on a load of second hand kit, some of which you may not need / want, when you can spend the same amount on individual stuff and get EXACTLY what you want, and nothing you don't?

So he needs to find someone with more money than sense, with no UKARA or other defence to buy, that lives locally, that has similar tastes to him and is of a similar size.

Well that narrow's the field a bit 😉

15 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

THAT'S where I recognise him from!

Good to see that he's saving for a car, it must mean he's finally old enough for his provisional license. 

Careful now you'll get reported to the mods 😁

I was wondering where he was from before, so went reading.
And found this from @L3wisD

Now if he's under 18, is he actually allowed to sell RIF's, let alone buy them?
And if he's not legally allowed to sell RIF's, should his advert be deleted? 🤔

• Mostly Retired Moderators
34 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Sending you abusive messages? For what???

He was pulled up on aggressive messaging by the ModSquad a while back.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that just because something happens by PM, doesn't mean you can't report it.

The report flag is at the top of each PM, so if someone offends or attacks you in private, flag it and we'll see it and take care of it.

• Head Moderator

Such a tempting bundle but then I read that the pants (no picture) were second hand with wear, and unfortunately the Crye trousers are too small to fit my waist. No mention of how he wants paying, so I will take my own advice and pass.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Sending you abusive messages? For what???

Giving his advert a "funny" rating.  I imagine that he picks fights with himself in the mirror, like a belligerent budgerigar.

• Supporters

This scamming little shitspeckledmuppetfart is still on the forum

AND he’s still telling the same lies about the gun I’m sorry but WTF????? 🤬

With respect to the moderators on this forum... not everyone reads this thread and is aware of sketchy or scamming members. Can’t we as a community have a little more say on what is and isn’t okay for the sake of others in the group?

7 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

With respect to the moderators on this forum... not everyone reads this thread and is aware of sketchy or scamming members. Can’t we as a community have a little more say on what is and isn’t okay for the sake of others in the group?

Agreed, but nothing stopping us asking pertinent questions, they’re posted on the sale thread.

I think I may start