Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Does look to cosmetically have a bit more going on than other adverts of similar type.  you gotta reeeeeeaaaaally be into that warhammer 40k stuff though for that price.  probably be like those resident evil pistols that do the rounds every few months for similar money

Edited by kasaran

7 minutes ago, Billy_980 said:

With the amount of work put in yes lol

The amount of work counts for nothing - it's still a raider with some 3d printed parts.

There's what, not even half a spool's worth of printer filament on the gun? I could knock up that front end in a few hours in Fusion 360. A cheapo Cyma stock with some vinyl attached and an LED counter that is the square root of fucking useless when it comes to actually playing does not make for a great deal.

But if you can flog it for that price, best of luck! I should build a few to make some cash myself. Actually - that's not a bad idea...🤔

Oh, and welcome to Macks...😉

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The amount of work counts for nothing - it's still a raider with some 3d printed parts.

There's what, not even half a spool's worth of printer filament on the gun? I could knock up that front end in a few hours in Fusion 360. A cheapo Cyma stock with some vinyl attached and an LED counter that is the square root of fucking useless when it comes to actually playing does not make for a great deal.

But if you can flog it for that price, best of luck! I should build a few to make some cash myself. Actually - that's not a bad idea...🤔

Oh, and welcome to Macks...😉

Thank you 👍🏻 nice to be here.

Artists can throw some £10 paint at a £30 canvas and charge £1000's 

But still be only £40 of supply's.

Creativity is good 👍🏻 

If you were selling this as a functional prop for cosplayers (in the correct place) you might get your asking price tbh, I think you're selling it in the wrong place here. The Warhammer crowd have a lot of cash to throw on their 'plastic crack', even more than airsoft folks from what i've seen 😁

Personally, It looks good but it's too clean, it could use some weathering to match.

52 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The amount of work counts for nothing

The front end is an edit of this file:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2929367

Just in case you wanted to make some 😂

4 hours ago, Billy_980 said:

Thank you 👍🏻 nice to be here.

Artists can throw some £10 paint at a £30 canvas and charge £1000's 

But still be only £40 of supply's.

Creativity is good 👍🏻 

The difference is that to be a successful artist takes some talent, whereas 3d printing doesn't 

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The difference is that to be a successful artist takes some talent, whereas 3d printing doesn't 

From my experience very few (especially home) 3d printers will give an acceptable print right out of the box, it takes time to learn and tune your machine.

I don’t want to take anything away from an artist, but 3d printing is a lot like driving a car, it’s a steep learning curve, and it can all still go wrong for any number of reasons

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I should build a few to make some cash myself. Actually - that's not a bad idea.

How much, mister? ;) 

4 hours ago, sp00n said:

From my experience very few (especially home) 3d printers will give an acceptable print right out of the box, it takes time to learn and tune your machine.

I don’t want to take anything away from an artist, but 3d printing is a lot like driving a car, it’s a steep learning curve, and it can all still go wrong for any number of reasons

I have 1000's of hours of prints now. It ain't rocket science. Certainly not artistry.

Modelling the thing could be argued as the most difficult and time consuming part of the process.

8 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

The front end is an edit of this file:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2929367

Just in case you wanted to make some 😂

He was selling that pretty much that exact print as a kit previously. I hope he is the original designer of the files on thingiverse, or at least have permission to sell these commercially.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

How much, mister? ;) 

I was being facetious...😉

The real artistry comes Games Workshop/Citadel/whatever the call themselves these days. They created the worlds, the concepts, the stories, the original artwork and the sculpts in first place.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, kasaran said:

probably be like those resident evil pistols that do the rounds every few months for similar money.

think this is a good comparison.

as with anything cosmetic done to pews it's gonna add value for those who share your tastes, and detract for those who don't.

but if your target demographic is willing to pay the extra then it's not really dreaming to be charging it.

10 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

He was selling that pretty much that exact print as a kit previously

£125 for the kit, no pew included? 

10 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I hope he is the original designer of the files on thingiverse

Doesn't seem to be as the original designer showed his designs on his facebook page (WS Airsoft Modifications), and as the guy sells the prints he makes on shapeways, I don't think he'd of got commercial rights either 😅

More power to him though I suppose. My main gripe is it's not a lucius pattern which is FAR cooler 😂

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I was being facetious...😉

So, like ten quid, mister?

This is a solid example of how if you're the only person who actually makes something, you can name you own price.

It's not one I'd pay, but I suspect someone will - although I agree that this probably isn't the forum to find that person.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through the classifieds, and there seems to be too many to list!

What on earth has happened to make 2nd hand prices go absolutely mental? Or has everyone had some kind of collective psychosis and believe their "highly modded" (read probably badly done and shagged out, everyone thinks theyre a tech, with no warranty) Cyma/JG/other cheap chinese gun that you used to be able to pick up for like £100 brand new is now worth £200+? 

Like this guy: 

£180 for a JG MP5... What?! Theyre about £140 brand new

And this guy must be having a stroke

£255 for a CYMA AK?!!!!! One that retails brand new for £170! 

I miss the good old days where you could pick up a 2nd hand Cyma AK for about £70, maybe £100 if it was a really nice one. Is this another weird side effect of Covid and all those Chinese factories being closed down for ages, everything short of new stock so the 2nd hand market has gone mental?

I've noticed recently quite a few are parents selling on behalf of their kids, like the example below, so may not know they're asking silly amounts. This still doesn't excuse them though as that's what the appraisals section is for

• Supporters
23 hours ago, DaktariT said:

Not that I'm in the market for this gun but I think it's a fair price.

For someone who wants exactly that package, and doesn't mind taking a gamble that they'll receive something fully functional, or anything at all for that matter, and won't balk at being stung for postage and doubtless PayPal fees too, it's a steal.

5 hours ago, DaktariT said:

Not that I'm in the market for this gun but I think it's a fair price.

Must be having an absolute giraffe!

https://www.socomtactical.net/jg-mp5k-aeg-201t/

£150 brand new, with 12 month warranty. Or if you really really want a tacticool version with rails and stock, £170 

A handful of plastic midcaps and NiMH batteries doesnt make a gun of unknown age, quality, and condition, worth £30 more than brand new.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

If you really, really want one, with the extra mags and batteries that you won't bother to use once you realise that you've bought a 0.4J novelty toy that won't even have spun up the gearbox by the time you've been rinsed down eleventeen times by any other gun, and if you ignore that you'll end up paying pretty much exactly the same as a brand new one with a warranty, once it's delivered to you and re-painted into something vaguely resembling a RIF, then it's an absolute steal.

This, I've got one in my collection and I can throw a handfull of bbs further. The difference is I only paid £40 for mine and got it strictly as a shits and giggles gun knowing it what they're like

2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Must be having an absolute giraffe!

https://www.socomtactical.net/jg-mp5k-aeg-201t/

£150 brand new, with 12 month warranty. Or if you really really want a tacticool version with rails and stock, £170 

A handful of plastic midcaps and NiMH batteries doesnt make a gun of unknown age, quality, and condition, worth £30 more than brand new.

do they really offer a 12month warranty ? genuine question .

5 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

do they really offer a 12month warranty ? genuine question .

The trick as always is convincing the retailer that they do in fact offer said warranty. It is a very specific as to what is user error and a very short list of manufacturing issue.... (I think I have read here that SoCom are not useless when it comes to warranty/gun issues)

A bit hopeful I think, considering it's kombat branded trousers and shirt, generic high cut helmet, goggles and I presume a kombat/Viper balaclava.

Seller also had a few RIFs for sale in the description. Which could get them in trouble with ebay. 

Screenshot_20230503-111138_eBay.jpg

Hopefully im not the only one who thinks the guys are Patrolbase are dreamers for wanting £1500 for an upgraded Krytac 

IMG_3694.png

1 hour ago, Matt.2504 said:

Stuff

No you're certainly not. For that price I'd want it to come with a Scarlett Johansson clone willing to do things I probably shouldn't mention on here