Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

JFC, seriously?

Eh. Advert is honest[*] enough, and some folk might want to save £25 - £35 over retail in return for a warranty that probably wouldn't be honoured anyway because "clearly been used with the wrong colour of CO2, mate".

[*] Although I'd raise an eyebrow at the claim that someone who does basically nothing but flip guns isn't effectively a retailer.

28 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Eh. Advert is honest[*] enough, and some folk might want to save £25 - £35 over retail in return for a warranty that probably wouldn't be honoured anyway because "clearly been used with the wrong colour of CO2, mate".

[*] Although I'd raise an eyebrow at the claim that someone who does basically nothing but flip guns isn't effectively a retailer.

IF the tags are not suspect, then the gun has been sitting for at least a year, it’s not new. Also the “I’m not a trader, trader” (again) as you pointed out.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

That being said, I had a Shadow SP01 that shit its internals the first mag I fired (on green gas!!!). I took it back and Urban Airsoft Mega Store swapped it straight away.  Can't fault that for warranty support. 
But, as you point out, not all warranties are as well honoured, unfortunately.

Edited by sonofsammo
I don't know the difference between 1 and 2.

How about this dreamer? Sure it is "new" but two tone....in exchange for a bolty...oh and extra gas for better bolty....

Madness

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

How about this dreamer? Sure it is "new" but two tone....in exchange for a bolty...oh and extra gas for better bolty....

Madness

New member with zero input elsewhere on the forum either. Dreamer for sure

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Madness

LOL, gun hasn't been used in the field (?), but has been plastered in horrific red paint, kinda negates any amount of skirmish use for me🤮

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

LOL, gun hasn't been used in the field (?), but has been plastered in horrific red paint, kinda negates any amount of skirmish use for me🤮

And he’ll remove the red for you …….

Probably with Wet & Dry

Feck Right Aff Saahn 😂😂

• Supporters

What makes a £150 gun worth £180?  The flaking red paint? 

One he's taken it off with a wire wheel, it does at least raise a point: is swapping a RIF covered by VCRA S36?  Hmmm. 🤔

22 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Well did a GBBR AK that was £150ish pre covid. Think it was a WE clone.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What make a £150 gun worth £180?  The flaking red paint? 

One he's taken it off with a wire wheel, it does at least raise a point: is swapping a RIF covered by VCRA S36?  Hmmm. 🤔

I did think the same, but the chrome one costs more than the black desert eagle, firesupport out of stock £179 over the black £149.

But that's new... Can't imagine the chrome would survive the red coming off though.

Edited by kasaran

5 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Can't imagine the chrome would survive the red coming off though.

As someone who's done it on this exact make and model, by disassembling and lightly rubbing with brake fluid, I can confirm that it's definitely possible. Of course, I would also argue that the whole process takes something away from that "box fresh" appeal.

https://www.lannertactical.com/product-page/magpul-bipod-for-1913-picatinny-rail-fde £137

https://www.livens.co.uk/product/magpul-bipod-for-1913-picatinny-rail-in-black/ £139 if you want it in Black

Is it me or would you expect it to be about the £120 mark (tops) considering it has no warranty, and was won in a competition?

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

R

images (44).jpg

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Duff Beer said:

Is it me or would you expect it to be about the £120 mark (tops) considering it has no warranty, and was won in a competition?

It's a bipod being sold for airsoft, it's worth about £20 for all the use that anyone will actually make of it.

That is, wow, sure brand new from a shop it might come to that but, damn.

I want what they are taking

Always thought the G26 was a goofy fun gun. Wanted to get one for a concealed gun during hostage games. The idea being if you're not totally disarmed and your 'guard(s)' isn't paying attention you're allowed to fight your way out. Not for that price.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
10 hours ago, MrTea said:

Always thought the G26 was a goofy fun gun. Wanted to get one for a concealed gun during hostage games. The idea being if you're not totally disarmed and your 'guard(s)' isn't paying attention you're allowed to fight your way out. Not for that price.

Well, me too, but for all that ever really happens in practice, a springer will likely do the same job for 1/10th of the price, and even more humiliation.

• Supporters

Same old story, buy s/h for full rrp with no warranty, or pay the same from a genuine retailer & get all associated backup 🤔

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Tackle said:

or pay the same from a genuine retailer

If it were in stock, which it doesn't seem to be.  However, if it were in stock, you could get it for £180.  But you can't. Looks like it's a seller's market, as long as they can find a buyer for a Frankengun that only existed for 5 minutes.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If it were in stock, which it doesn't seem to be.  However, if it were in stock, you could get it for £180.  But you can't. Looks like it's a seller's market, as long as they can find a buyer for a Frankengun that only existed for 5 minutes.

While most UK places are out of stock, actually found it in UK stock at bbgunsforless for £20 more, if I was paying over £200 for a pistol I'd probably pay the extra for piece of mind. 

Alternatively I found it in HK for £141 at a very reputable retailer, prob still work out a bit cheaper even once shipping & taxes are added.