Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, JinxDuh said:

£200 for a UGL you can get brand new for £140 from wgc 😂

While normally you would be correct. However currently wgc shop only have the King arms GP-30 for pre-order  https://www.wgcshop.com/products/king-arms-gp-30-grenade-launcher-for-ak-series 

So seeing as wgc don't have it for sale at the moment and with no definite date of restock and combined with my preliminary search to see the current going rate of these gp-30 and with many place showing out of stock. 

I believed the higher price was justified, due to the condition it in, and it already being here in the UK so no international postage fees or possibilities of import and custom payments, which you have to pay if ordering from wgc or any other shop for that matter outside of the UK. Combined with the fact that currently no UK shops have the KA gp-30 in stock. I believe I am reasonable in my asking pricing, I am of course open to  pricing suggestion and negation. In the end the market will decided and I will adjust prices accordingly.  

That one of the good things about this forum, we can have civil discourse (for the most part).  

Edited by Sniper780

7 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

While normally you would be correct. However currently wgc shop only have the King arms GP-30 for pre-order  https://www.wgcshop.com/products/king-arms-gp-30-grenade-launcher-for-ak-series 

So seeing as wgc don't have it for sale at the moment and with no definite date of restock and combined with my preliminary search to see the current going rate of these gp-30 and with many place showing out of stock. 

I believed the higher price was justified, due to the condition it in, and it already being here in the UK so no international postage fees or possibilities of import and custom payments, which you have to pay if ordering from wgc or any other shop for that matter outside of the UK. Combined with the fact that currently no UK shops have the KA gp-30 in stock. I believe I am reasonable in my asking pricing, I am of course open to  pricing suggestion and negation. In the end the market will decided and I will adjust prices accordingly.  

That one of the good things about this forum, we can have civil discourse (for the most part).  

My apologies, I had no idea they was so hard to come by in the UK now! Only last year they was readily available at a multitude of retailers. At the time WGC was still the cheapest too. In retrospect £200 is a good price so I retract my previous post. Glws!

• Supporters

Last one I sold went for £40-ish, no wonder I'm always poor lol

(edit: i should probably admit that I usually sell stuff for close to what I paid - /+, cos that's the kinda nice guy (aka mug😭) that I am) 

Edited by Tackle

1 hour ago, Talltom said:

10 available free postage wouldnt call them particularly rare

Vat and import already payed as it goes through Ebay nowadays

Screenshot_20220923-203040_eBay.jpg

I did not see that eBay listing thanks for the info I shall adjust the price. 

2 hours ago, MikeMarden said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/tm-devgru/

Wow! - Just wow, just shy of £3K for a TM

Worth a look just for the photography...

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

I'm confused about how he got to that figure.

Rif: £600

E6 upgrades: £900 if you tick every option including ones not mentioned on the ad.

Vortex: £250 + £300

So £800 for a tracer, mags and unknown brand PC...

TM mags are annoyingly proprietary
so £25 for each mag (x9) - £175
Tracer - between £40-£140, depending on brand or whatever

Let's just say top end, cause TM recoil, can't cheap out now after all that, can you?

Chest rig? - can get a decent one for ~£50, but some can run £100+
HOWEVER!!

That one has a DEVGRU patch.

Gotta make sure everyone knows
So that EAAASILY makes up the rest

[Realistically, he should be looking at the £1200 - 1500 range. That's generally what upgraded TM recoils go for. But upgrades don't mean shit, most of that is labour charge]

Deffo another case of "Oh shit, I paid WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for a toy pew pew pretend gun, totally means I can get all that back WITH PROFIT right?"

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, but this one goes to level 11.

Bugger, that means I could've sold on my cheap red dot sight for a massive profit, rather than just make Spinal Tap jokes on social media? 

_20220926_152441.JPG

20 hours ago, -davo- said:

TM mags are annoyingly proprietary
so £25 for each mag (x9) - £175
Tracer - between £40-£140, depending on brand or whatever

Let's just say top end, cause TM recoil, can't cheap out now after all that, can you?

Chest rig? - can get a decent one for ~£50, but some can run £100+
HOWEVER!!

That one has a DEVGRU patch.

Gotta make sure everyone knows
So that EAAASILY makes up the rest

[Realistically, he should be looking at the £1200 - 1500 range. That's generally what upgraded TM recoils go for. But upgrades don't mean shit, most of that is labour charge]

Deffo another case of "Oh shit, I paid WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for a toy pew pew pretend gun, totally means I can get all that back WITH PROFIT right?"

For transparency and interest I had a look at my own build cost (pictured below) vs what a Devgru could be.

TM Socom - £465

vs

TM Devgru - £660 (total level 10 upgrade cost with most expensive options picked £1862.53 total Rif included)

My level 10 build cost - for the Socom = £834.61 (minus the Rif itself but inclusive of labour and postage/expedite turn around in 2019)

Potential cost of a level 10 with most expensive options plus 72hr turn around would be £1202.53

Mags as you say are £25 new

Vortex seem to hold value considering the have an unlimited warranty which transfers irrespective of owner (or at least used to)

Chest rig doesn't look to be anything special by a long shot and the tracer as you say could be any brand so could vary in cost as well.

Definitely dreaming at that price, but stranger things have happened.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 07.50.20.png

Edited by clumpyedge

10 hours ago, DaktariT said:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/29527-spiritus-systems-mk4-micro-fight-chest-rig-set-multicam/

Does make me laugh that people are willing to pay silly prices for their handbags but then think they can then recoupe.

Well, if that's the all-in price for everything listed, that's a pretty good deal (under half retail price). I just think that the advert is worded poorly. I've asked the seller for clarification.

Don't get me wrong - 90% of LARPsofters or BBWarz players would be happy enough with a Viper or AliExpress knockoffs for a fraction of the price, but some get a chubby at the thought of gucci real-steel kit and are willing to pay the cost, which is fair enough.

If I had £90 burning a hole in my pocket to spunk on some kit (which I don't sadly 😭) - I would be tempted.

23 hours ago, Super64 said:

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/15324-gas-blowback-ar

Sorry, how much for your WE M4 CQBR!!!!

He’s now reduced the price from just under £1000 to £699. That’s still a hell of a price for a used WE M4 CQBR with a damaged rail. Even with 5 magazines and accessories, which are not what you’d call high end. Going by his description I’d say he’s aiming at buyers who have no idea what they’re looking at.

10 hours ago, Super64 said:

He’s now reduced the price from just under £1000 to £699. That’s still a hell of a price for a used WE M4 CQBR with a damaged rail. Even with 5 magazines and accessories, which are not what you’d call high end. Going by his description I’d say he’s aiming at buyers who have no idea what they’re looking at.

There's MWS's which are arguably much better than WE, with more mags, for a lot less than that. Agree with your theory that he's trying to pull a fast one.

On 28/09/2022 at 08:05, Speedbird_666 said:

Well, if that's the all-in price for everything listed, that's a pretty good deal (under half retail price). I just think that the advert is worded poorly. I've asked the seller for clarification. [snip]

Oh dear - I was wrong. He wants £175 for his chest rig and has since re-listed it.

I'll stick with my AliExpress knockoff thanks.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Oh dear - I was wrong. He wants £175 for his chest rig and has since re-listed it.

I'll stick with my AliExpress knockoff thanks.

OK, so the rig is missing the back strap, without which it will be pretty useless. As he mentions in the listing you can buy the strap separately - Tactical kit currently have it for £12.99 plus shipping which comes to a total of £16.74. If you add that on then you'd be paying £191.75 for a second hand chest rig you can in fact buy new (and complete) from Tactical Kit for £195 plus shipping.

Buying a MK5 would make it even cheaper and if you can brave the skinny straps (they’re not that uncomfy even under load) even cheaper still.

Think somebody has buyers remorse.

• 2 weeks later...

DMR stock: £10-£20 + postage more than airsoft retailers.

PDW stock: I bought an identical one for £30-£40 recently.

6EB95EF2-92FC-41D4-9F64-3D586318F8D7.png

C2A78ED4-4C5C-4DE8-875E-6B9222CED5B5.png