Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

5 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you use a red dot correctly, that is with both eyes open, your brain tricks you into not seeing the construction of the sight at all, you don’t get a restricted view.

I do keep both eyes open... own both styles and always revert to this one simply cos I just prefer it. Each to their own. Even with both eyes open it's still their in your view

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Except when it rains and a droplet gets on the emitter kiss the dot goodbye

There is glass covering the projection port and the housing covers the rest. Pretty well sealed. Plus I wouldn't choose to deliberately go play in the rain. I'm more of am indoor CQB player anyway.

Edited by Khyber

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Khyber said:

There is glass covering the projection port and the housing covers the rest. Pretty well sealed. Plus I wouldn't choose to deliberately go play in the rain. I'm more of am indoor CQB player anyway.

Oh it doesnt kill the electrics, just makes the dot turn into an amorphous blob that ye cant aim with.

Ofc not a problem if you're playing indoors.

I do like the style, although the cheap clone versions havent got the greatest zero holding can easily be knocked off.

49 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

although the cheap clone versions havent got the greatest zero holding can easily be knocked off.

Personally never lost zero on a gbbr. Don't get me wrong if I had a fabled money tree in the back garden, I wouldn't hesitate on a nice expensive optic just cos. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Khyber said:

Personally never lost zero on a gbbr. Don't get me wrong if I had a fabled money tree in the back garden, I wouldn't hesitate on a nice expensive optic just cos. 

The ones i used were sprung one direction against the adjustment screw, so you could bump them and they's sorta stick in a different position.

Not too hard to push it back against the stops and it'd be close enough for airsoft work but that usually happens after you've missed and the other guy has tagged you.

32 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

Most of the private sellers on the trek up to the game area at the NAF22.

I got some good deals from them.the majority are open for a bit of haggling.

11 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair but still there were quite a lot of longshot prices.

There were I agree but I got a real wood,tidy ak with three mags and batt down from 180 to 140.👍

3 hours ago, DaktariT said:

Most of the private sellers on the trek up to the game area at the NAF22.

Personally, if I was at NAE or any Airsoft bootsale, I would price up slightly on the expectation that people will want to haggle the price down.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Personally, if I was at NAE or any Airsoft bootsale, I would price up slightly on the expectation that people will want to haggle the price down.

tbf, isn't that pretty much standard for any secondhand sale?

realising the irony that i tend not to haggle often, but then i don't make offers unless i'm happy with the price as listed.....

55 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbf, isn't that pretty much standard for any secondhand sale?

realising the irony that i tend not to haggle often, but then i don't make offers unless i'm happy with the price as listed.....

not for me, I put stuff up for sale at the price I want to get lol

It's 1st September and so buyers regret is in full flow. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

It's 1st September and so buyers regret is in full flow. 

With the three saddest words in airsoft: "never been skirmished". 😢

With the number of adverts claiming guns have never seen a game site I'm surprised sites actually have people playing. Am I the only one who buys guns to use? 

28 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

With the number of adverts claiming guns have never seen a game site I'm surprised sites actually have people playing. Am I the only one who buys guns to use? 

I have bought guns before decided I didn't like them/wanted something else and sold them without ever doing anything than a test shot.

Maybe I should've worded it differently so here goes

Never been skirmished is the airsoft equivalent of a used car salesman saying "one careful owner" 

12 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

With the number of adverts claiming guns have never seen a game site I'm surprised sites actually have people playing.

Some people have 20+ guns and skirmish maybe once a month. It's not difficult to see how that impulse purchase could be moved on before it's brought into rotation.

11 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Never been skirmished is the airsoft equivalent of a used car salesman saying "one careful owner" 

I get that you're being humorous but this has come up before, so I'm genuinely curious. How would one distinguish between something which has just been stored in a case/its box for a few months and an item which has been dragged through the woods every weekend for the last five years?

9 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The one which haa been used will have scuffs, scratches and signs of wear

Internal wear can't be seen and amateur photos being viewed on a mobile etc. Besides we're not really debating whether truthfully describing an items history is a bad thing? Obviously if it's BS, that's a whole different kettle of fish. 

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Besides we're not really debating whether truthfully describing an items history is a bad thing?

Well no, but...

Obviously if it's BS, that's a whole different kettle of fish. 

There's the rub.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Some people have 20+ guns and skirmish maybe once a month. It's not difficult to see how that impulse purchase could be moved on before it's brought into rotation.

In the general case, yes.  Not so much a two-tone - and we do see a surprising amount of of regret purchases of those.

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

How would one distinguish between something which has just been stored in a case/its box for a few months and an item which has been dragged through the woods every weekend for the last five years?

Barring a close personal inspection and test, I'd always assume the latter, and that any used purchase is no more than a shell that's likely to contain most of the internal parts, probably arranged in something like the intended fashion.

On 02/09/2022 at 07:09, Cr0-Magnon said:

It's not difficult to see how that impulse purchase could be moved on before it's brought into rotation.

I get that. But in my head that doesn't apply to a two-tone.

If you're buying two-tone you've not got UKARA so you're new to the game. New enough to have either liked playing and be so stoked you've gone out and got your own kit or you've been so keen that you got your own kit before your first game.

If it's the former then you're likely to have gone to a game to try your kit out, if the latter you've probably gone to a game and found you didn't like it. Neither fall into the 'never been skirmished' bracket.

Also failed the username / date in the photos test too, so does it even exist?

£150 for a re-sprayed, ex-boneyard gun with missing bits (rear sight and stock battery cap) - that used to be sold (until recently) for £120-140 new.....oh, you also have to cover the postage.

There's far better BRAND NEW guns for that money.