Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters

£800 https://www.uttings.co.uk/p134314-vortex-amg-uh-1-gen-ii-holographic-sight-amg-hs02/ 

£600 if it were in stock here https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/vortex-razor-amg-uh-1-holographic-sight-24081-p.asp

I guess the extra £200-£400 is because it's being marketed to airsofters.  We do rather ask for it.

Avenger63 

Just noticed the following in one of his sales

"I’m not a shop so no warranties, returns or repairs thanks"

bahahah.... Yes you are. Just not one that gives a warranty

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

£800 https://www.uttings.co.uk/p134314-vortex-amg-uh-1-gen-ii-holographic-sight-amg-hs02/ 

£600 if it were in stock here https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/vortex-razor-amg-uh-1-holographic-sight-24081-p.asp

I guess the extra £200-£400 is because it's being marketed to airsofters.  We do rather ask for it.

Why would anyone pay that for a Vortex. You can get an Aimpoint or Eotech for the same money or better yet a Holosun

Insanity. Its an ugly fucking scope too

Edited by Groot

1 hour ago, Groot said:

"I’m not a shop so no warranties, returns or repairs thanks"

That alone would put me off, it makes the cynical part of my brain think he knows the stuff he's selling is fooked

8 hours ago, MikeMarden said:

Is this eBay listing from Patrol Base? Because it’s selling for £830 on their site.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/vortex-amg-uh-1-gen-ii-holographic-sight

8 hours ago, Super64 said:

Is this eBay listing from Patrol Base? Because it’s selling for £830 on their site.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/vortex-amg-uh-1-gen-ii-holographic-sight

It is indeed Patrol Base.

17 hours ago, Groot said:

Why would anyone pay that for a Vortex. You can get an Aimpoint or Eotech for the same money or better yet a Holosun

Insanity. Its an ugly fucking scope too

the UH-1 is a great optic to be fair. however at £800 its a bit overpriced. at their old retail i think they were good value

its a holographic sight if youre not aware

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, DestrO said:

the UH-1 is a great optic to be fair. however at £800 its a bit overpriced. at their old retail i think they were good value

its a holographic sight if youre not aware

Better than an EoTech? Which are still sub £600 new from Tactical Kit...

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Better than an EoTech? Which are still sub £600 new from Tactical Kit...

i didnt say that ;)
 depends on which model of eotech really

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, DestrO said:

i didnt say that ;)
 depends on which model of eotech really

I know you didn't, I was asking a question.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, DestrO said:

the UH-1 is a great optic to be fair

How good an optic do you need for slinging plastic out to 50m, when the slightest breath of wind will produce more of a deflection than the cheapest Chinesium red dot? 🤔

22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

How good an optic do you need for slinging plastic out to 50m, when the slightest breath of wind will produce more of a deflection than the cheapest Chinesium red dot? 🤔

lmao this is airsoft. you dont need anything, its all superficial :D 

i personally use real steel optics (inc vortex) for the quality, warranty, and value retention 

but regardless of anything it's a good optic.

31 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I know you didn't, I was asking a question.

my bad, assumed it was rhetorical.

iirc the UH-1 is superior to older eotechs and on par with the EXPS 3.0. i dont think £800 for the uh-1 is justifiable though

Edited by DestrO

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, DestrO said:

i personally use real steel optics (inc vortex) for the quality, warranty, and value retention 

You may even be able to flog it for more than you paid for it.  At least, PatrolBase seem to think so. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

You may even be able to flog it for more than you paid for it.  At least, PatrolBase seem to think so. ;) 

😂 not just them either. ive seen at least a few UH-1s for sale second hand for 600-800 when they were purchased for 600 or lower

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

tbf, you can take that argument right to its logical conclusion that you can get decent hits just by aiming along the barrel/top of the reciever, ie any and all optics are practically pointless.

but so are having airsoft guns that look like guns, as our speedsofter brethren have so profoundly proven, and we tend not to listen to them :P

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbf, you can take that argument right to its logical conclusion

Well, you can, if you want to deflect (badum tsssh) from the question being asked.

I'd rather have the cheapest rod dot than any iron sight.

Whether it's worth having anything other than the cheapest red dot for airsoft use at airsoft ranges, dunno.  Cheap I was raised, and cheap I will remain. ;) 

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, you can, if you want to deflect (badum tsssh) from the question being asked.

I'd rather have the cheapest rod dot than any iron sight.

Whether it's worth having anything other than the cheapest red dot for airsoft use at airsoft ranges, dunno.  Cheap I was raised, and cheap I will remain. ;) 

I run a £25 Feyachi red on a TM GBBR and it never loses zero. Is more accurate than the rifle itself so couldn't agree more with you on that one. And with a lens protector from reddotengineering its protected from the front. Better than the ugly rail attached protectors as it sits over the lens and is barely noticable. But if you have that sort of cash for an optic and don't mind spending it then go ahead but for me I would rather a new pew for that price.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Khyber said:

But if you have that sort of cash for an optic and don't mind spending it then go ahead

Agreed, and I should hasten to add that I'm not criticising anyone for buying top end stuff.

I mean, if we take the airsoft argument to its logical conclusion, there's no reason to buy anything more than a £90 CYMA.

I've got Vortex sights on both of my pews for the warranty and because they hold their value well enough that I think at most they would have cost £50 each if I came to sell them (Crossfire gen 2 red dot & Crossfire 3-9x50). It is certainly a case of you get what you pay for in the quality but it's definitely a luxury and nowhere near a necessity.

3 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

I've got Vortex sights on both of my pews for the warranty and because they hold their value well enough that I think at most they would have cost £50 each if I came to sell them (Crossfire gen 2 red dot & Crossfire 3-9x50). It is certainly a case of you get what you pay for in the quality but it's definitely a luxury and nowhere near a necessity.

If I were to get a higher end optic it would likely be a Vortex for the warranty. I just wish they did this old school red dot instead of the modern tube ones. They have that much thinner rim and a much less restricted field of view which I like.function over form... And, yes I like the look of them too. Shoot me!! 😂

Feyachi-Reflex-Sight.jpg

Edited by Khyber

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

If I were to get a higher end optic it would likely be a Vortex for the warranty. I just wish they did this old school red dot instead of the modern tube ones. They have that much thinner rim and a much less restricted field of view which I like.function over form... And, yes I like the look of them too. Shoot me!! 😂

Feyachi-Reflex-Sight.jpg

If you use a red dot correctly, that is with both eyes open, your brain tricks you into not seeing the construction of the sight at all, you don’t get a restricted view.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Khyber said:

Feyachi-Reflex-Sight.jpg

Except when it rains and a droplet gets on the emitter kiss the dot goodbye