Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

To be fair to him he's taken it on the chin and dropped the price to £110

Bollox be fair the little shit was out to scam and got busted ! 😉

14 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Did it have a happy ending?

More like a sticky ending 😂

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Shamal said:

More like a sticky ending 😂

Was there a ‘bikkie’ involved ? 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

No, but there were 2 girls and 1 cup

“Aah yes ! the seriously mentally scaring happy memories of days gone by ! “ 😳

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"needs new hop rubber". Sothey want £800 for a broken gun. I dread to think what they'd want for a fully working one 

I've come across this problem a few times in the last week, but seems to be a few people selling ARES/STAR susats as genuine real ones.

There were 2 on here in last few days. 

But then there's this complete tool. 

Now usually I would message the seller on here as its airsoft related, but not quite sure how to word it on ebay. As would usually just keep scrolling, but this is alot of money to be scammed out of if someone unsuspecting believes it. 

Screenshot_20220513-144753_eBay.thumb.jpg.081d241e446aafab57c8bafae40aba0c.jpg

• Supporters
On 14/05/2022 at 20:31, Darkmikey22 said:

I've come across this problem a few times in the last week, but seems to be a few people selling ARES/STAR susats as genuine real ones.

Now usually I would message the seller on here as its airsoft related, but not quite sure how to word it on ebay. As would usually just keep scrolling, but this is alot of money to be scammed out of if someone unsuspecting believes it. 

Report it to EBay that he’s claiming to be selling real gun parts ? We all know how they over react on anything ‘real’ gun related .

On 14/05/2022 at 20:31, Darkmikey22 said:

How do you know it's fake?

I'm genuinely curious, that's not meant as a challenge - I'm not sure the best way to tell the difference. Other than how an ex-issue Susat is probably caked in shit and battered to fuck

12 hours ago, Darkmikey22 said:

It's all good bro. 

I was the same as nearly got scammed myself till I did some research. 

Here's how to tell. This is compared to the ARES/STAR version. bron15.thumb.jpg.6b564d2f45fa127b993cbc41b471138a.jpgpixlr_20220517213037536.thumb.jpg.90b0ab22e78d002d5ac889deef240e64.jpgpixlr_20220517213346928.thumb.jpg.b55e4a70fda1927ceb6b281a9ab74f8d.jpg

So where the red arrows are. 

Position 1, there is a small hole not present of the airsoft.

Position 2, here there are 2 circles that on the real one are on the left hand side and stick out. On the airsoft version they are on the right side and recess in to the body.

Position 3, there is a small hole there, which is present on both sides. Also not on the airsoft version. 

Position 4, the way you get to the lense. It's on the rear on the real one, yet is on the front of the airsoft. 

Then there's the markings. 

The real one will always start with AVL, and year starts from 1985 up. 

ARES/STAR and a few other clones all start STX and the year is always 2005. 

Then is the NSN number. The airsoft one isn't even correct on any part of it. 

Now there are a few other really minor signs, but these are the obvious. 

Hope that helps bud. 

Very good comparison love how the ares one indicates it was built in north Macedonia 😂😂

• Supporters
On 18/05/2022 at 09:54, Talltom said:

Very good comparison love how the ares one indicates it was built in north Macedonia 😂😂

To be fair the way the MoD consistently buy from the lowest bidder and NOT from the best ‘bang for ya buck’ supplier wouldn’t surprise me if they did buy SUSAT’s from some dodgy bloke called Stavros in Macedonia ! 😳

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

To be fair the way the MoD consistently buy from the lowest bidder and NOT from the best ‘bang for ya buck’ supplier wouldn’t surprise me if they did buy SUSAT’s from some dodgy bloke called Stavros in Macedonia ! 😳

You want ACOG boss?

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

£150 for a Barrel and Hop-up? Nice.

I'm pretty sure you can get 90-95% of the supposed 'performance' for a small fraction of that cost - especially with UK power levels. 

You absolutely can, but that specific "special edition" of the Maxx hop unit and a barrel, from Umbrella really does cost 220EUR new (which is an absolute piss take, granted, but it is what it is).

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

You absolutely can, but that specific "special edition" of the Maxx hop unit and a barrel, from Umbrella really does cost 220EUR new (which is an absolute piss take, granted, but it is what it is).

yep, for sure you can throw together a zci hop+barrel with ml guts and call it a day, but this sort of product is catering to those who care about that last 5%.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this sort of product is catering to those who care about that last 5%

For that money, I'd want Maxx Hoproom to show up personally and demonstrate the extra consistency, at an outdoor range, under whatever wind and weather conditions were prevalent at the time.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

For that money, I'd want Maxx Hoproom to show up personally and demonstrate the extra consistency, at an outdoor range, under whatever wind and weather conditions were prevalent at the time.

Unfortunately this is literally a Maxx hop unit in a pretty frock with a prefitted R-hop. The ad isn't really Macks worthy to me though, because it IS an expensive product. It's just that the product itself is a bit of a rip off to start with.

1 hour ago, Darkmikey22 said:

Another eBay chancer.....

How much for a replica mount?. 

I know they're hard to find these days, but damn....

Screenshot_20220520-183323_eBay.thumb.jpg.6a3313aa5141b7d254630b106f341e9f.jpg

Free postage.I'll take two please 😃