Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

18 minutes ago, strykerles said:

345fps on a .32 and 25rps, surely he jests

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/lct-fully-built-as-val-with-real-kobra-sight/

If true, he is selling a firearm. 

3 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

If true, he is selling a firearm. 

absolutely, get it locked to semi and you're golden 😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, strykerles said:

Oh, I wish.  But we've seen this over and over because of Jurassic age sites still saying "350fps lol eVeRy1 NoWs WuT tHaT mEeNs lol".

And as just ranted in other threads, there are plenty of "DMR" players semi-spamming at up to 1.88J (and the rest), and that's if they're even semi-locked at all.  I've only been asked, once, and never required to demonstrate it.

At this point, I'm honestly wondering why I don't just go out there spamming 2J+ on full auto because there's essentially no sanction for it at any woodland site that I've played at.

30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, I wish.  But we've seen this over and over because of Jurassic age sites still saying "350fps lol eVeRy1 NoWs WuT tHaT mEeNs lol".

And as just ranted in other threads, there are plenty of "DMR" players semi-spamming at up to 1.88J (and the rest), and that's if they're even semi-locked at all.  I've only been asked, once, and never required to demonstrate it.

At this point, I'm honestly wondering why I don't just go out there spamming 2J+ on full auto because there's essentially no sanction for it at any woodland site that I've played at.

Sadly true, to an extent.

im not sure how this thread works, and i dont know all too much just yet, but this one might fit the bill 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, SoupyXo said:

im not sure how this thread works, and i dont know all too much just yet, but this one might fit the bill

I reckon so, that looks like another "everything I've spent on it, plus my time" pricing.

Highlights: "barrel has been lapped 5 micron".  That's 0.005mm, folks, in a barrel that's maybe only accurate to 0.1mm as stock, if you're really lucky.

"custom 22tpa neodymium motor".  Custom motor?  Like, hewn from solid neodymium by magical dwarves?

13:1 gears + a weighted piston because, well, I guess Reddit seddit.

Yup, that fits.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

"custom 22tpa neodymium motor".  Custom motor?  Like, hewn from solid neodymium by magical dwarves?

this one got me laughing hard when i read it.... so i searched for a neodymium 22t motor... @ak2m4 popped up

image.png.481829712b7788f309c14296daad8fc0.png

did you forget the part where the gate says its had 22,000 rounds through it by the way.....

Edited by SoupyXo

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, SoupyXo said:

did you forget the part where the gate says its had 22,000 rounds through it by the way.....

That's actually a good sign, as it suggests that it's usable rather than "upgraded" until it just sprays BBs all over the place for 30 feet.

And he can't give it the traditional "only fired a few test shots" spiel as the Aster will rat him out.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

That's actually a good sign, as it suggests that it's usable rather than "upgraded" until it just sprays BBs all over the place for 30 feet.

And he can't give it the traditional "only fired a few test shots" spiel as the Aster will rat him out.

that is assuming the 22k rounds are from the gearbox in its current state.

could well be it's 21.5k rounds through a mostly stock gearbox before the last batch of parts were installed.

or 21.5k rounds through a different gun before the aster was transplanted into this gun.

skeptical hamster is skeptical.....

15 hours ago, strykerles said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/lct-fully-built-as-val-with-real-kobra-sight/

Maybe he's giving up airsoft cos he can't work out why he's so unpopular at every site...

"the battery at the moment is externally mounted for maximum trigger response and fire rate."

screen-shot-2019-03-29-at-2-24-36-pm_orig.png.a0336513f51903a4fef8776e2de36d97.png

"The safety selector plate was faulty so I removed it" 

So it's £800 for an incomplete gun

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters

I’m curios why and how @PinkGunis selling the same gun twice AND at two different prices ? 🤔

E03F92D7-5156-44C9-A9C4-B37B1D197C4E.jpeg

060F5662-C714-46F7-BE7B-ACC17793DC8B.jpeg

I can see what's happened.

I think the dearer gun is real whereas the cheaper gun is made of cardboard?

Regards

7 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

"the battery at the moment is externally mounted for maximum trigger response and fire rate."

Wait... So all this time I just needed to strap the battery outside my gun to upgrade it?  So glad to have stumbled across that secret

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I suppose its a better idea than detonating nuclear weapons as a form of propulsion 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

God was knocking, and he wanted in bad.

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I suppose its a better idea than detonating nuclear weapons as a form of propulsion 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

In principle, a brilliant idea

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Well now i know what a bussard ramjet is, thats my thing learned for the day.....

Oh, I could on for days about space ship propulsion systems 🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Oh, I could on for days about space ship propulsion systems 🤣🤣

Tbf rocket propulsion is interesting topic, has to be given the run of the mill option involves strapping yourself to a giant can of flamey stuff (technical term), setting fire to one end and hoping for the best.....

26 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Tbf rocket propulsion is interesting topic, has to be given the run of the mill option involves strapping yourself to a giant can of flamey stuff (technical term), setting fire to one end and hoping for the best.....

Road Runner | Chuck Jones

That's how the pros do it.

• Supporters

Or you could even go for the project ‘Orion’ idea , using nuclear bombs as propulsion !😳

https://interestingengineering.com/project-orion-the-atomic-starship-that-never-got-off-the-ground

81C06924-A308-4A3A-9272-BCF01704D8B9.jpeg