Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

20 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

£500 for a gun that costs £340 but with 2 extra mags that cost £50.  Now, my maths isn't the best.....Also, 'brand new' seems to be an elastic concept

With how desperate I am for one I am actually quite tempted...

10 minutes ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Well that's it isn't it? They may be less new In theory, but *can* you find a new one?

I paid a bit over the odds for a 2nd hand m4 gas block off ebay a few months ago, they were just unobtainable anywhere else.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Floperator said:

Well that's it isn't it? They may be less new In theory, but *can* you find a new one?

I paid a bit over the odds for a 2nd hand m4 gas block off ebay a few months ago, they were just unobtainable anywhere else.

But is it worth not only paying more than new rrp, AND giving up on any warranty etc ?

🤔

I wouldn't risk it, especially as  they've not been around long & any teething issues or weaknesses may not have become apparent ? 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

'brand new' seems to be an elastic concept

A few ‘brand new’ guns on his sales history as well ? 🤔

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Druid799 said:

A few ‘brand new’ guns on his sales history as well ? 🤔

To be fair, he does seem like more of a collector / displayer than a player.

Maybe we could apply some of that Twatter/Google language policing to flag up the word "new" in any advert.

6e1w6j.jpg

23 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

I paid £299 for mine from Patrol base with mags at about £30 a go 

I deliberatly waited as I wasn't prepared to pay the £450 figures being asked by a couple of sites.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

"test fired 10 shots from my window" 

Tell me I'm not the only one who read this and thinks they shouldn't be allowed nea anything remotely gun shaped

Yeah, read it & thought "WTF" ?. 

On 26/04/2022 at 18:04, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Tbf, there are a few sites that still have some in for less.

£500 is just cheeky for 2nd hand.

On 2015/5/31 at AM2点11分, Aengus said:

“完美状态的 eotech,除了范围灯不亮” 25 英镑:翻白眼:

哇,那个家伙删除了 Z1 上的帖子,当时我笑死我了,但更糟糕的是,它甚至不是真正的 eotech 或高质量的复制品,而是 ACM 的:D

I think it's good to find a good replica to replace eotech. Because its price is too high. more expensive than my gun

• Supporters

Yet another awesome must have , don’t know the make , don’t know the FPS , don’t really know it’s history and topped off very nicely with a couple of shite pictures ! and all yours for the princely sum of only £280 ! 😱

take my money now ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

a couple of shite pictures

Upside down is always a nice touch.

At the point where you're just saying "M44sale lol" why not pitch it as a mystery box?  Folk seem to love those.

• Supporters

Funny how the seller knows feck all about it, but is able to price it at £280, not exactly cheap for what might be an absolute load of shite plastic 0.5j market stall knock off 🤔

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Yet another awesome must have , don’t know the make , don’t know the FPS , don’t really know it’s history and topped off very nicely with a couple of shite pictures ! and all yours for the princely sum of only £280 ! 😱

take my money now ! 🤦‍♂️

R.2adc47981fe1a40e49976b68b2bd580d.gif.4d69c2d023576949e16a9c10342f3e93.gif

Couple of questionable prices here

First up, polymer or metal, even if the metal one, seems a bit pricey for used and with a fucked stock. Owning one of those stocks, it would take some considerable force to crack it like that, makes me wonder how the guns been treated

edit : just noticed the missing screw from the handguard, and the forward assist looks a bit off to me. And I didn't originally mention the red barrel 

And for more than new, a used gun.. But its upgraded Mr (only a different hop unit and inner barrel from the write up) 

Edited by MagpieTactical

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

And for more than new, a used gun.. But its upgraded Mr (only a different hop unit and inner barrel from the write up) 

Beat me too it ! 😁 yea I know how much I paid for mine new so I know if I was to do these ‘up-grades’ too it I still won’t be anywhere approach this price bracket either .

10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Beat me too it ! 😁 yea I know how much I paid for mine new so I know if I was to do these ‘up-grades’ too it I still won’t be anywhere approach this price bracket either .

Yep, me too 

• Supporters

We know that PatrolBase is pretty optimistic about flogging completely non-functional guns for more than sweetie money, but it's just occurred to me: given that they're actually marketing them as "wall hangers", why would the defence for selling them for airsoft skirmishing apply? 🤔

image.thumb.png.c7967ae64afed6c007e00db7700b8bf4.pngimage.png.b19996d97826850d0c221b670d746ebf.png

Anybody notice this little issue on another of Andrey's finest offerings - apart from the Two-tone respray and missing selector markings? :

image.png.72bec59635e265cc9f616624fe7a6376.png

Pretty sure those lines should be 90deg to each other....

But of course, it's 'new and never skirmished' - despite the shit paint job and the man's finest gunsmiffing skillz to re-shim, AoE correct and radius cut the gearbox.

Sadly not worth anywhere near that IMO.  Probably due to DCAs high initial retail price, and another case of the Tier 1 Upgrade charge mostly being a labour cost, which can't be passed onto the second hand buyer.  

12 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Anybody notice this little issue on another of Andrey's finest offerings - apart from the Two-tone respray and missing selector markings? :

image.png.72bec59635e265cc9f616624fe7a6376.png

Pretty sure those lines should be 90deg to each other....

But of course, it's 'new and never skirmished' - despite the shit paint job and the man's finest gunsmiffing skillz to re-shim, AoE correct and radius cut the gearbox.

Considering most SRC MP5s are advertised as firing at around 1 joule, his repair skills must be pretty shit to get that much of a drop in power

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

his repair skills must be pretty shit to get that much of a drop in power

That's TM power, therefore best power.

£90 delivered seems fair enough, mind.