Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Ex two-tone with a gopping attempt at a 'battle-worn' paintjob, with hop up issues, being sold by a guy with a track record of stitching his buyers up with his shit gunsmithing skillz, knack for bodgery and misleading adverts.

What could possibly go wrong?

531129E9-B5DE-4730-BC16-5E1F4A9075B9.jpeg

• Supporters

Says he’s “Looking for £350” , well I’m looking for the will to live , wonder who’ll find what their looking for 1st ?🤔

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

It does come with the original box...

Well ! In that case ,

915C1D04-6F0D-47AC-862F-C797D66688A9.jpeg

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, SilentSparky said:

Thanks for the kind words Druid, glad I made it onto this thread for the right reasons 🙂

Sometimes good to have examples of how to do it properly, to contextualise the lunacy ofc :P

• Supporters
On 17/04/2022 at 20:29, Druid799 said:

As a counter to all the bullshit add’s we get that end up on here and to try and give us a ‘wee’ bit of hope for our fellow Soft’ers

Sadly, I rather suspect that we're going to see it relisted soon enough as "Mint condition, shoots like a laser, barely out of the box."

• Supporters
19 hours ago, SilentSparky said:

Thanks for the kind words Druid, glad I made it onto this thread for the right reasons 🙂

Just saying what I think bud , WAAAAAAAAAY too many sellers seem to convince them selves their selling the holy grail of airsoft so warrants the price they ‘think’ it’s worth , when in fact it’s an unpolished turd worth F**k all 🤦‍♂️ 
Simple as that really !😉

thought I'd share this as he brought the gun from me a few weeks ago for £220 without a scope

pretty sure the base model was an A&K too, as it had some A&K gears as spares

Edited by strykerles

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, strykerles said:

thought I'd share this as he brought the gun from me a few weeks ago for £220 without a scope

pretty sure the base model was an A&K too, as it had some A&K gears as spares

wow, that is a new level....

even the scratches match up, it's definitely the gun you sold, externally at least.

doesn't even specify what make/model the scope is (or for that matter, if the scope is included) to remotely justify the price increase....

i'm not normally one to post on sales ads when they come up but i'm mighty tempted to link your ad as a PSA.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

wow, that is a new level....

even the scratches match up, it's definitely the gun you sold, externally at least.

doesn't even specify what make/model the scope is (or for that matter, if the scope is included) to remotely justify the price increase....

i'm not normally one to post on sales ads when they come up but i'm mighty tempted to link your ad as a PSA.

Granted he brought it so he can do what he wants with it, but It does seem shady

Maybe I'm being thick but what is PSA?

• Supporters

That is some seriously shady shit, even for Macks. 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, strykerles said:

Granted he brought it so he can do what he wants with it, but It does seem shady

true, but it's still a shady move.

12 minutes ago, strykerles said:

Maybe I'm being thick but what is PSA?

public safety announcement, basically link your original ad and point out that without detail on the scope it can't be determined if the £280 extra he's asking for is justified.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

true, but it's still a shady move.

public safety announcement, basically link your original ad and point out that without detail on the scope it can't be determined if the £280 extra he's asking for is justified.

Thanks for that, also it isn't a G&P as far as I'm aware

• Supporters
Just now, strykerles said:

Thanks for that, also it isn't a G&P as far as I'm aware

yeah, maybe he meant g&g?

i've not seen enough of both platforms to positively identify although my impression is they're both decent enough externally such that after a bit of external wear and internal modding the oem is probably not that relevant.

iirc the g&g uses the v2.5 box whereas the a&k is a standard v2, although i half expect to be corrected about that.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

iirc the g&g uses the v2.5 box whereas the a&k is a standard v2, although i half expect to be corrected about that.

Pretty sure its the other way around. A&K = V2.5 and G&G V2

It has a V2.5 gearbox as I opened it up to give a clean and regrease, runs pretty nicely

When I brought it originally it was a steal, guy just wanted rid of it. had offers of over £250

only reason I got it so cheap was that I was local and could collect quickly

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Pretty sure its the other way around. A&K = V2.5 and G&G V2

reckon you're right now i think more about it.

been a while since i worked on the g&g version, but i do remember the hop unit being a custom setup, which would go with the shorter box.

28 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, maybe he meant g&g?

I reckon the seller thinks that the gun is one of these:

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p19549/G&P-SR-25-Sniper-AEG(Magpul-PTS)-(Limited-Edition)(Black)/product_info.html

The lack of Magpul markings on the stock would make it pretty unlikely, along with the URX rail.

This looks like it:

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/a-k-dmr-ak25-black-dmr-25-bk

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ahem...... £380 😳