Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

I don't get Harleys either. Uncool Japanese low-capacity bikes for me.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Expensive old technology, comically under-powered, and over-rated by their owners to the point of cult fetishism, you say?

Marui is a major department store chain with stores in ...

Now THAT'S funny... and bound to wind up a few folk here!

5 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

I don't get Harleys either. Uncool Japanese low-capacity bikes for me.

I chopped a 1978 CG125 once...

Hardtail, single seat and pullbacks. 

I also upholstered one, covering the entire thing in inch long fur from a set of those faux animal skin seat covers that used to 'grace' so many Cortinas and Vauxhall Vivas.  

They were majestic.  

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I chopped a 1978 CG125 once...

Hardtail, single seat and pullbacks. 

I also upholstered one, covering the entire thing in inch long fur from a set of those faux animal skin seat covers that used to 'grace' so many Cortinas and Vauxhall Vivas.  

They were majestic.  

913.gif.ddad28c4a2adde289a76c446a11f2c39.gif

My illness has symptoms which present as an irrational need to customise whatever motorcycles are in my presence.  This has led to some 'interesting' results in periods of no money and unsuitable bikes.  

I did once, seriously and no lie (aided and abetted by some clubmates) take an angle grinder to the frame of a CX500 that belonged to someone else.  It entered the club garage as a standard black bike and left oxide green in what you might call a brat configuration (albeit 30 years before the term came to my attention).  I think we called it an urban scrambler.

We liked it anyway, and luckily so did the rather nonplussed owner (eventually).   Took us about three hours and a few bits we had pre-selected that were knocking around.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Why no furniture? It's like selling a car without doors. I.e. no fecking use.

Eh. I'm guessing it was bought as a project and they lost interest, and is being sold on as the same.  I'm sure someone could rescue it.

Given that it's only £350 new, the price is... optimistic.  I mean, add a stock, grip, handguard, sling points, sights, and/or carry handle, and you're back up to there again. But you've still got a cracked receiver and no warranty.

Spiv, for sure, looks like a (literal) bedroom trader.  Lots of duvet shots.

2 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

New game to play on this thread:Walt, Charlatan or Spiv? I call Spiv on this one.

You should look to see what a rusted out late 60s Chrysler B body car are selling for. Some people are basically paying minimum 3k for a vin plate you maybe will have a couple hundred worth of useable parts everything else needs to be replaced practically building a car from scratch.

Edited by BigStew

5 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

New game to play on this thread:Walt, Charlatan or Spiv? I call Spiv on this one.

Definitely Spiv judging by previous adverts

He is the same scalper who posted this beauty from a few pages back.....

3 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I knew the name rang a bell. 

I'm after a GHK G5 (in good condition) 

Place your bets how much this car crash is up for. 😕

Screenshot_20220119_171349_com.discord.jpg

I guess - 'Put together from random parts, I am now asking a very reasonable £450'

• Supporters

Winner winner chicken dinner 🐔

Openly admits it's a copy, bidding starts at £400, & even his p&p is ridiculous ffs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165295817798?hash=item267c660446%3Ag%3Al1cAAOSwkYVh10qG&LH_Auction=1

Offered £15 with a salty msg, automatically rejected so fuck knows what he's set it at, so I pmd him instead lol

Starting bid is £400? No? 

Fucking crazy. I thought anything that could be attached to a firearm is now not allowed on ebay? 

Hence why its now do difficult to get airsoft stuff on there, only a few things somehow sneak through

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

Starting bid is £400? No? 

Fucking crazy. I thought anything that could be attached to a firearm is now not allowed on ebay? 

Hence why its now do difficult to get airsoft stuff on there, only a few things somehow sneak through

There's literally shit loads of gun related kit on there, including real steel parts

21 minutes ago, Tackle said:

There's literally shit loads of gun related kit on there, including real steel parts

Not as much as there used to be, and there are strict listing rules for things like scopes and sights.  I reported it and it seems its perhaps now gone, as it says I missed out on the item if I try to follow your link

Edited by MagpieTactical