Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, EDcase said:

We do regard two-tones as a sign of impatience by the owner. 😁

yeah but we've all had to fight that demon.

just not all of us win

9 minutes ago, EDcase said:

We do regard two-tones as a sign of impatience by the owner. 😁

yeah but we've all had to fight that demon.

just not all of us win

• Supporters

Joking aside though, why?  Just why Coral?  Sure, I bought a two toned plastic CYMA M4 off the buzz from my first day, but it cost £75, it was painted over, and the paint was off before my second day.

Even if you just want it as a wall hangar, even if you can't persuade someone to sell you a RIF (more on that in a moment), why wouldn't you factor in getting it repainted.  It's not even gangster to do so, because it's not an imitation of an actual make or model of modern firearm (whether existing or discontinued)so there's no VCRA offence committed by either sale or modification.

I look at that horror and all I can think is "My God, someone please save it."

Wait, was it... was it bought to troll people?  Because if so, mission accomplished.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Exactly, its a clear indicator of someone who didn't win that battle 😉

for the case of the "standard" 2-tone is it that bad a loss?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Even if you just want it as a wall hangar, even if you can't persuade someone to sell you a RIF (more on that in a moment), why wouldn't you factor in getting it repainted.  It's not even gangster to do so, because it's not an imitation of an actual make or model of modern firearm (whether existing or discontinued)so there's no VCRA offence committed by either sale or modification.

it is an interesting question, for example the aps uar being not a replica by dint of there being no gun (or gun-shaped prop) that it resembles.

wasn't it you that used the "man on the clapham omnibus" example to point out it just needs to be realistic enough to fool joe public?

kind of ironic that a cap&ball colt would be just as recognizable to joe public and yet is exempt being pre 1870.

• Supporters

To be fair Joe publics got feck all to do with it, it's the armed police that can't distinguish between a gun & a chair leg that concern me 😏

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

wasn't it you that used the "man on the clapham omnibus" example to point out it just needs to be realistic enough to fool joe public?

It's pre-pre-weekend o'clock, but I think I might have whipped that out to spice up a handbag fight over:

1) A trivial to obtain airgun firearm which might also be considered a verboten VCRA RIF by the Clapham Omnibus test.

or

2) To illustrate the FA definition of an  S57 “imitation firearm”.

Me, I'd consider a Pulse Rifle to be an IF for the purposes of FA S19 (public possession, remember that bigly genius here who was intending to open-carry one on a bus because "Herp derp, is not real, innit."), but not as a RIF for VCRA S36/S38.

For VCRA sales purposes, the risk is entirely up to the seller. Although it's increasingly surprising that any of them actually give a stuff about what they're selling or to whom, given the apparent complete disinterest from the tools of the State.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Tackle said:

To be fair Joe publics got feck all to do with it, it's the armed police that can't distinguish between a gun & a chair leg that concern me 😏

Scary thing is your not far off the point with 80% of PC plod these days ! 😳

Yeah, but see it this way. Innocent member of public sees some radge waving about an AK down the Co-Op car park. They dont know its an airsoft gnu, for all intents and purposes it looks real and it could be some git at the old Allan's Snackbar routine. Treble 9 and the Filf show up. They don't know either, from a distance, that it's some daft wee laddie waving a CYMA plastic-slugger, again to the eye it looks real. Split second decision to make, lives are at stake...

The UAR might not be based on a "real" gnu, but again to an untrained eye it looks like a firearm. Some may assume it an SA80 or something.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Yeah, but see it this way. Innocent member of public sees some radge waving about an AK down the Co-Op car park. They dont know its an airsoft gnu, for all intents and purposes it looks real and it could be some git at the old Allan's Snackbar routine. Treble 9 and the Filf show up. They don't know either, from a distance, that it's some daft wee laddie waving a CYMA plastic-slugger, again to the eye it looks real. Split second decision to make, lives are at stake...

Then they beanbag him, even when he's a nonce clearly trying for suicide by cop.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3487964/police-paedophile-gun-pub-surlingham/

There have been a few high profile oopsies like Harry Stanley (table leg guy) and of course the execution of Jean Charles de Menezes which saw Dame Cressida Dick (surely one day Lady Dick) fail spectacularly upwards.  Mostly though our armed response doesn't light up folk for no good reason.

4 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

The UAR might not be based on a "real" gnu, but again to an untrained eye it looks like a firearm. Some may assume it an SA80 or something.

Which is why it's an offence to possess it in public.

It is rather peculiar that the VCRA created a much narrower definition of "realistic imitation firearm" than the Firearms Act Clapham-Omnibus definition of "imitation fiream".  But that's what it did, so Pulse Rifles and UARs are, strictly speaking, OK to sell.

Bear in mind that you could buy an orange springer over the counter, then commit an offence the moment you step out the shop door with it.  Nobody has ever accused our firearms legislation of making much sense.

Anyway, back OT-ish, what do we reckon to Mr StackUpAirsoft here and his MAHOOSIVE SAILS posts?  An avid - rabid, even - collector having a clearout, or a flogging boneyard junk out of a retailer's back door?

https://airsoft-forums.uk/profile/29843-stackupairsoft/

I have often wondered, like you say; avid collector or selling off boneyard kit?

I guess if it’s declared as boneyard then I wouldn’t see an issue, but I’ll admit I’ve not looked into his sales posts. 

• Supporters
On 20/11/2021 at 17:42, Jacob Wright said:

I guess if it’s declared as boneyard then I wouldn’t see an issue, but I’ll admit I’ve not looked into his sales posts.

All seems to be sold implicitly as working, a lot of it with "just done stuff" descriptions.

But very few details, and mostly asking near-new prices.

Good luck to the bloke, but I'd caveat to the maximus before emptoring any of it.

I bought a pistol from him.  Think he's a trader of some kind.  Selling at Red Alert site in Newbury.

Not 100% happy with it because price was a bit high and it turned out to have a missing rear sight and right safety. (He knocked off £5 but its going to cost me £15 for the sight)

I'm not going to bother trying to get money back though as it shoots OK (to the left).  I'm hoping it'll be OK once I have a tinker and clean-up

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Think he's a trader of some kind.

Mmm, there's a strong scent of flipper there.  I mean, it's all the same overpriced junk at the end of the day, I just like a bit of honesty when I'm being dry-humped.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

I bought a pistol from him.  Think he's a trader of some kind.  Selling at Red Alert site in Newbury.

Not 100% happy with it because price was a bit high and it turned out to have a missing rear sight and right safety. (He knocked off £5 but its going to cost me £15 for the sight)

I'm not going to bother trying to get money back though as it shoots OK (to the left).  I'm hoping it'll be OK once I have a tinker and clean-up

Nah I’d want a full refund or a lot more than a fiver off it as he’s knowingly selling defective goods as intact and complete .

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Nah I’d want a full refund or a lot more than a fiver off it as he’s knowingly selling defective goods as intact and complete .

This. Along with sending a letter to trading standards

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

tricky one, as if it's going via the classifieds here then you'd have to assume the application of secondhand private sale rules, ie caveat emptor.

that said, i'd also be assuming secondhand level pricing to reflect that, and if it's higher then i wouldn't be buying.

Not the usual fare for Mack's, but something tells me he might be waiting a while for a working PEQ box at that price 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/22587-looking-for-a-peq10-or-small-working-peq-box/

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not the usual fare for Mack's, but something tells me he might be waiting a while for a working PEQ box at that price 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/22587-looking-for-a-peq10-or-small-working-peq-box/

Nope perfectly acceptable ! Think he’s probably asking Santa for a unicorn for Xmas (more chance of that)as well ! 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone else noticed the preponderance of Wanted ads recently especially for (currently) Rare items such as GHKs where the seller name is something along the line of Smith 123 or Banana456...ie Some random word followed by a number string?  Call me suspicious but they just don't sit right with me.  Of course, it does give the opportunity to laugh at them saying they have £400 to buy your GHK off you.....

10 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Anyone else noticed the preponderance of Wanted ads recently especially for (currently) Rare items such as GHKs where the seller name is something along the line of Smith 123 or Banana456...ie Some random word followed by a number string?  Call me suspicious but they just don't sit right with me.  Of course, it does give the opportunity to laugh at them saying they have £400 to buy your GHK off you.....

Scoff you may, 

There are two for sale on Zero Mong for the £3-400 mark

wish I had the spare ££ to buy more of them 😂😂😂
I need somebody to buy them so as I can sell mine for £500 😂😂

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

At this point it's starting to feel like every second buyer or seller is going to bust out a tale about how they're a Nigerian Prince working on the North Sea oil rig, but their very most trusted courier will collect or delivery much securely with no worry risks once you have by Western Union payment done.

Might be the approaching tinkle of the 'festive' season and Little Scammer Johnny has been promised a new gat but Big Scammer Johnny can't source or afford one.  Or I could just be a cynical old cop.

This time of year does see a surge in thieving conning scamming gits generally. Not surprised airsoft suffers the same. There's so many enthusiasts keen to spend their dough on the next best thing, and I can't be the only one who finds himself daily browsing retailers eyeing up new gnus or tac gear thinking ooh that would be nice despite having zero need or use for any of it. The saying about a fool being eager to part with his cash comes to mind.

Airsoft is particularly bad IMO due to the whole "boneyard" concept pushed by retailers, selling fucked gear at almost full RRP under the guise of a "bargain" that "just needs repair". If it "just needs xyz" then feckin fix the thing before selling it... firstly its fucked/not to standard, secondly its not a "bargain" and thirdly it sets a standard for unscrupulous private sellers to con gullible keen idiots out of their hard earned.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Airsoft is particularly bad IMO due to the whole "boneyard" concept pushed by retailers, selling fucked gear at almost full RRP under the guise of a "bargain" that "just needs repair". If it "just needs xyz" then feckin fix the thing before selling it... firstly its fucked/not to standard, secondly its not a "bargain" and thirdly it sets a standard for unscrupulous private sellers to con gullible keen idiots out of their hard earned.

everyone wants to win that lottery of a display case gun in good working order, or the "returned broken" gun with nothing more than a blown fuse.

the reality ofc is half of a decade old gun that was modded for a failed project by the shop tech, then pillaged for all the awkward parts you can't get spares for and chucked in the boneyard section when the shopkeep needs to clear some space.