Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Cmon that hardly counts as an AKM (OK it is technically but you know what I mean)...

see, what i read there is:

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct. | Futurama | Know  Your Meme

:P

The stock on the one in the ad is from an AK74 and it has the wrong flashhider to be that PMC monstrosity.

i'll confess to not being the biggest expert on the intricacies of ak furniture, but i thought the 74 pattern was a side swivel not bottom?

it's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it might just not have a muzzle device installed, or at the very least just a thread protector.

Also, the AK74 mags would all point to it being an AK74 someone had fiddled with

eh, wouldn't be the first time folk have run "incorrect" mags because either they don't care or couldn't find the ones they wanted in stock.

12 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Cmon that hardly counts as an AKM (OK it is technically but you know what I mean)....... The stock on the one in the ad is from an AK74 and it has the wrong flashhider to be that PMC monstrosity.  Also, the AK74 mags would all point to it being an AK74 someone had fiddled with

The wider point re GHK/price is still valid

Ak 101. 
although early model 74 look strikingly similar to the akm, in that they both have fixed stock and wooden furniture; apart from chambering different rounds, the main visual ‘tell’ is the gas block: Ak47 have a distinctive curve whereas the 74 has more of a vertical stature. 
this being the pmc akm, I would quite easily see someone buying this and selling the five 74 mags and the furniture and gas tube for say £275.  And setting it back in pic mode, leaving them with a perfectly respectably upgrade rif for £325. 
don’t sound like too bad a deal when you break it down?

Yeah yeah why don’t I but it?

Ghk baby….

DC2E46BA-7501-42F2-B1CA-664FE12CDB9F.jpeg

Hold on, have you been into my gun cupboard and nicked my GHK??? Cos that one looks a lot like mine does currently

Edited by EvilMonkee

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Hold on, have you been into my gun cupboard and nicked my GHK??? Cos that one looks a lot like mine does currently

Suppose you’re gonna say that’s your cam870 and l119 too? 😉

F482E620-E71E-4AF3-B6F6-1CF6A7948169.jpeg

Well I have an MWS but its stock.  Not a fan of M4 or shotguns massively.   but a nice GBBR Ak always gets my attention :)

• Supporters
12 hours ago, BigStew said:

Add on shipping and it's about £1.70 cheaper than buying new from firesupport

Totally agree especially when there’s forum members selling second hand ones at very reasonable prices ! 😉😁😁👍

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

£25-£30 above new for a butchered gun? Wtf has he been smoking? 

Probably huffing the solvents he used to strip the paint and wreck the plastic.

I mean, the Galaxies are decent enough, and great fun, but you can forget "laser lines" because the hop unit is the weak point.  An r-hop won't magically fix that.

The motor would be a welcome upgrade, but I'd rather put one in a pristine example rather than that melted mess.

Can't fault his sales patter though.

When did tm change their packaging to AA yellow....

• Supporters
5 hours ago, BigStew said:

Wow, that's a weird one.  I mean, he has actually modified it rather than just chucking a bucking in, but he's ended up with a gun that's too weak for woodland, and too auto for CQB.

However, I think my favourite bit is posting a video of a different gun.

• Supporters

to answer one of the questions in the ad about the lack of safety- it's done when using a speed trigger which essentially keeps the trigger pulled almost all the way and means the default safety block won't engage.

it's possible to modify the safety to account for this, but it's equally easy to just disconnect the airline if you want to safe the gun.

it's a tricky one, price wise it's a bit steep for a jack build, and whilst aesthetically it might not be to many folks tastes it probably is pretty damn good for speedsofter shenanigans.

36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

to answer one of the questions in the ad about the lack of safety- it's done when using a speed trigger which essentially keeps the trigger pulled almost all the way and means the default safety block won't engage.

it's possible to modify the safety to account for this, but it's equally easy to just disconnect the airline if you want to safe the gun.

it's a tricky one, price wise it's a bit steep for a jack build, and whilst aesthetically it might not be to many folks tastes it probably is pretty damn good for speedsofter shenanigans.

TL:DR 😂

I’m paraphrasing now, but, in single syllable words I can understand 

“It’s shite” 😇😇

• Supporters
9 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

“It’s shite” 😇😇

Or one could even go as far as to say ?

81638EEB-F1C7-4E3E-80D4-BDCA0BD73938.jpeg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

“It’s shite” 😇😇

i'm not saying i disagree with such a subjective assessment.......

so £145 with a leaf sight oooooorrrrr brand new £115 (3 in stock) with change to find a sight if you need (purely cosmetic), doubt postage is over £30 either

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-military-type-m203-grenade-launcher-short