Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

What's the point?

Showing his missus the advert, before he bumped the price and added: "Don't really want to part ways so might not say yes to offers" ?

But then why even leave it up?

Either way, avoid like the plague.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

So if an ad had "upgraded by (insert reputable shop/tech) with (insert parts list)", this would be given serious consideration, if of course it was the item you were looking for (as long as the sellar wasnt trying to recoup the cost of work done)? 

I guess to answer that myself, yes if it was The Item, it would get consideration. But then, there is the whole new boxed smell (read: warranty) thing.

No because some of the most fucked up guns I have ever had to sort were put that way by so called reputable shops/techs.

There are very few people out there who actually do good work as most techs just change parts without ever really understanding just because part a and part b are good that they don't actually work well together.

Most guns that are built require a certain amount of matching parts and then fine tuning of those parts to get the results and reliability to be what I would call an upgrade.

There is a reason that all my personal aegs have the gearbox shells made not bought off a shelf to match the build.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No because some of the most fucked up guns I have ever had to sort were put that way by so called reputable shops/techs.

There are very few people out there who actually do good work as most techs just change parts without ever really understanding just because part a and part b are good that they don't actually work well together.

Most guns that are built require a certain amount of matching parts and then fine tuning of those parts to get the results and reliability to be what I would call an upgrade.

There is a reason that all my personal aegs have the gearbox shells made not bought off a shelf to match the build.

So spot on , once had a gun that was ‘upgraded’ by a tech who was treated almost like a Demi god(or a cult leader)by his customers/followers . Yes it shot a lot further and more accurately than a ‘stock’ one BUT i just felt like I was waiting for it to implode on me , on semi slow shooting it was fine but when ever I got stuck in to a prolonged firefight (involving full auto fire) the gun would soon start to make strange noises and I could feel vibrations and it just felt ‘off’ ? 
and after speaking to someone else that had one they agreed with a few of my reservations about it . The one good point was I got it for a third of what it cost the original owner(who I knew personally)as he needed money ASAP and it had only been scurmish the once .

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Druid799 said:

So spot on , once had a gun that was ‘upgraded’ by a tech who was treated almost like a Demi god(or a cult leader)by his customers/followers .

lemme guess, were most of the parts sourced from the same company?

As they've decided to post this more than once I'm just going to highlight the fact that the prize is worth nowhere near as much as they claim

Edited by Cannonfodder
I'm an idiot who forgot the link

I've got an M56 (B model, stockless). PB sell them for about 40 quid. A pack of 4 shells can be had for about £8.99.

Hell of an amount short of 100 quid.

Still, a nice idea.

Aa doozie of an overpriced SRC MP40.  Crap gun that fails often and  noone has parts for and is also competing against the cheaper and better AGM MP40 which is half the price......if only it were the new GBBR it would have been a really good deal.

18 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Aa doozie of an overpriced SRC MP40.  Crap gun that fails often and  noone has parts for and is also competing against the cheaper and better AGM MP40 which is half the price......if only it were the new GBBR it would have been a really good deal.

He isn't that far off with the pricing on that, mad as it sounds. It's a stamped steel mp40, de acts are welded up overpriced garbage now.

People will pay that for them.

*Though I agree, they're cack.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Be really interested to see the justification behind the asking price there 😂

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Be really interested to see the justification behind the asking price there 😂

From the look of the table, he maybe has delusions of being a purfessnul teknishun, and thinks he's actually adding value by meddling with it.

On 09/10/2021 at 13:51, Cromulon1994 said:

He isn't that far off with the pricing on that, mad as it sounds. It's a stamped steel mp40, de acts are welded up overpriced garbage now.

People will pay that for them.

*Though I agree, they're cack.

My general point was that if you want an MP40 - you buy the AGM at £100

23 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Dunno about that…. Had one years ago:

gearbox was very “twangy “, trigger was mushy, annoyingly the bolt cover used to flop around letting debris get in. 
Took it apart to fiddle with it and ultimately put it in the bin. Very disappointed. Cheap and nasty rif. 

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

3 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Dunno about that…. Had one years ago:

gearbox was very “twangy “, trigger was mushy, annoyingly the bolt cover used to flop around letting debris get in. 
Took it apart to fiddle with it and ultimately put it in the bin. Very disappointed. Cheap and nasty rif. 

To a re enactor the SRC is far superior.

Prices of airsoft guns can have little to do with how well they actually work.

Look at the price of used VP70s, even the Tanio Koba is poor at best, the LS is abysmal.

• Supporters
On 09/10/2021 at 18:40, BigStew said:

And for that price you’d expect the correct bipod (a Harris FFS ?) AND the correct scope as well ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And for that price you’d expect the correct bipod (a Harris FFS ?) AND the correct scope as well ! 🤦‍♂️

And the right barrel, gas block, flash hider...

It's an M249 Para with a RIS guard and a MK46 stock shoehorned on!

Another candidate here.....main issue being its a WE for £600 or swap for an MWS!! (LOL!).  I don't care how much RS parts are on it, its still a WE at £600, you could get a new and better GHK for that and still have some change for mags.  Add to that they don't make an AKM, their version is an AK74, which means someone has fiddled with this a lot.  There is so much wrong on this rifle I can't even begin.....

Edited by EvilMonkee

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Add to that they don't make an AKM, their version is an AK74, which means someone has fiddled with this a lot. 

they do?

https://www.sixmm.com/products/we-akm-gbb-pmc-airsoft-rifle?variant=37052782018721

looks like the ad is one of those with the furniture replaced with RS stuff for the classic look.

explains the gas tube change too if the original was railed, presumably the railed handguard and m4 stock adapter mentioned in the ad are the originals

On 11/10/2021 at 21:11, Adolf Hamster said:

they do?

https://www.sixmm.com/products/we-akm-gbb-pmc-airsoft-rifle?variant=37052782018721

looks like the ad is one of those with the furniture replaced with RS stuff for the classic look.

explains the gas tube change too if the original was railed, presumably the railed handguard and m4 stock adapter mentioned in the ad are the originals

Cmon that hardly counts as an AKM (OK it is technically but you know what I mean)....... The stock on the one in the ad is from an AK74 and it has the wrong flashhider to be that PMC monstrosity.  Also, the AK74 mags would all point to it being an AK74 someone had fiddled with

The wider point re GHK/price is still valid

Edited by EvilMonkee