Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EDcase said:

I don't see a problem with the L1A1 sale.

It's a commendably detailed and apparently honest advert, I can dig it.

On the other hand, I get a nosebleed even thinking about paying that much for a sub 0.6J wall hanger.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's a commendably detailed and apparently honest advert, I can dig it.

On the other hand, I get a nosebleed even thinking about paying that much for a sub 0.6J wall hanger.

Yeah his must have a very low power spring (as he states).  Mine's doing 430 on 0.2

I just had it all open to check internals and install a bearing spring guide.

Working on it isn't as bad as 'someone' made it out to be.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

Just came across this on zeromong , “yes folks it’s that old classic beloved by spamers the world over , “it’s not working but ‘it’s an easy fix’ “ if it’s an easy pissing fix why the feck haven’t you fixed it then !?!? AND the oh so casual way he mentions the minor fault , don’t know about you lot but I wouldn’t class a gun that CAN’T FIRE as a ‘minor’ fault !😳and he’s still asking 150 notes for a bolloxed gun ! 🤦‍♂️
https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/electric-rifles-smg-s/3243370-snow-wolf-m3-submachine-gun-grease-gun

EE331A11-4913-4701-83E9-276CF0093C54.jpeg

• Supporters

Most things on an airsoft gun are an easy fix, after you've spent hours and hours trying all the fixes that don't work, and are lucky enough to stumble on the one that does, if you don't run out of parts to modify.

So I've been "assured". ;)

Well, kudos to him for being that honest, I'm sure he won't make that mistake again.

No introduction post, very vague about what they want and the classic cash waiting. The more cynical here might think its another kid with no defence chancing it

• Supporters

Soooooo first post and is trying to  flog an old gun that yes is admittedly out of stock everywhere BUT has a good few faults to it and is asking more for it now than it was for retail when it was in stock ? 🤔

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Soooooo first post and is trying to  flog an old gun that yes is admittedly out of stock everywhere BUT has a good few faults to it and is asking more for it now than it was for retail when it was in stock ? 🤔

Advert looks honest, it's not in stock, caveat emptor on that one.  I don't think there's any intention to rip anyone off, just optimism.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Advert looks honest, it's not in stock, caveat emptor on that one.  I don't think there's any intention to rip anyone off, just optimism.

and tbf, the issues discussed aren't the worst.

the barrel nut is confusing me, as iirc it's a sliding block

but the carry handle isn't too bad and the mag wiring is the kind of thing i'd be re-doing even on a stock gun.

it does at least seem to provide realistic expectations.

• Supporters

I do understand the faults listed aren’t too big a problem but equally the description of its performance are a tad evasive “I think” , “I believe” Etc I’m commenting more on the fact it obviously well used (as in dog ruff) and he’s asking well over the price it was new , simply because it’s ‘rare’ . I know you can ask what ever you want but just seems a bit off too me ? 

Maybe I'm naive here. But I really don't get the "boneyard" concept in airsoft...why is so much airsoft gear (mainly guns and mags) sold when it could be only described as "fucked"??? I wouldn't even dream of selling (or buying) anything that wasn't in 100% working condition.

Imagine going to buy a used car. Theres a three year old Mondeo for sale at full RRP (bizarrely). It only runs on three cylinders, half the front bumper is missing, the aircon is shagged, two of the tyres are bare and the brakes are juddering, but don't worry, the owner reassures you "its a simple fix mate".

Nope, neither would I. Whether it was a hoover, a Honda Civic or an airsoft gun, if its pumped, its not fit for retail. Sorry. Fix it, then sell it.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Maybe I'm naive here. But I really don't get the "boneyard" concept in airsoft...why is so much airsoft gear (mainly guns and mags) sold when it could be only described as "fucked"??? I wouldn't even dream of selling (or buying) anything that wasn't in 100% working condition.

Thing is boneyard means different things to different people.

Someone might sell something as boneyard simply because the fuse is blown or its had a bb jam.

But yes some stuff is junk, but again folk might have crazy projects or want obscure spare parts and its easier to get a boneyard gun to pillage.

You see the same thing with cars, people do buy scrap cars to take banger racing, or to pillage for parts (aka breakers yards).

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it does at least seem to provide realistic expectations.

Yep, at an unrealistic price lol 😂 

seems  to be quite a few like that lately, mainly by new members, my jaw dropped when I saw the PDR-C come up at 800 quid😳, although I believe he's since dropped the price😏

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Thing is boneyard means different things to different people.

Someone might sell something as boneyard simply because the fuse is blown or its had a bb jam.

But yes some stuff is junk, but again folk might have crazy projects or want obscure spare parts and its easier to get a boneyard gun to pillage.

You see the same thing with cars, people do buy scrap cars to take banger racing, or to pillage for parts (aka breakers yards).

Personally, if the piece had blown a fuse or was jamming I'd replace/fix. I totally understand the logic behind what I'd term "breakers" - I.e. shagged beyond mercy and fit for parts only - happens with cars also, however the difference is I see airsoft stuff retailing at not far off full price when it's either a) completely fucked or b) a "simple fix" that the seller clearly can't be arsed implementing.

Either way, I just cant see the logic in this market for almost-full-price stock that, quite frankly, is not in sellable condition.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Personally, if the piece had blown a fuse or was jamming I'd replace/fix.

indeed, i'd not even care because it'd be getting a full re-wire anyway.

so the term means different things to different people.

1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

however the difference is I see airsoft stuff retailing at not far off full price when it's either a) completely fucked or b) a "simple fix" that the seller clearly can't be arsed implementing.

ahh yes, the "simple fix", famed for rarely being so simple.

that said, plenty of "working" guns can still have serious issues needing correction, hell even (some would even say often) "upgraded" guns can have major issues.

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

plenty of "working" guns can still have serious issues needing correction, hell even (some would even say often) "upgraded" guns can have major issues.

plenty of "working" guns can still have serious issues needing correction, hell even (some would even say often) "fucked" guns can have major unguessed at fuckedupness.

How I actually read that sentence...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

plenty of "working" guns can still have serious issues needing correction, hell even (some would even say often) "upgraded" guns can have major issues.

That’ll be me ! 😁

The minute I see ‘upgraded’ I’m gone , I’m running for the hills fast as I can away from THAT ‘bargain of a lifetime’ like my arse was on fire ! 😳 

So if an ad had "upgraded by (insert reputable shop/tech) with (insert parts list)", this would be given serious consideration, if of course it was the item you were looking for (as long as the sellar wasnt trying to recoup the cost of work done)? 

I guess to answer that myself, yes if it was The Item, it would get consideration. But then, there is the whole new boxed smell (read: warranty) thing.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

plenty of "working" guns can still have serious issues needing correction, hell even (some would even say often) "fucked" guns can have major unguessed at fuckedupness.

How I actually read that sentence...

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

That’ll be me ! 😁

The minute I see ‘upgraded’ I’m gone , I’m running for the hills fast as I can away from THAT ‘bargain of a lifetime’ like my arse was on fire ! 😳 

i thought that's how folk would read it :P

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

So if an ad had "upgraded by (insert reputable shop/tech) with (insert parts list)", this would be given serious consideration, if of course it was the item you were looking for (as long as the sellar wasnt trying to recoup the cost of work done)? 

I guess to answer that myself, yes if it was The Item, it would get consideration. But then, there is the whole new boxed smell (read: warranty) thing.

the big problem with such things is the only person who knows how well (or not) a given "upgraded" gun actually shoots is the seller.

but even if we assume complete honesty, there's the issue of benchmarking. if the seller claims for example "shoots like a laser" how to they know that the gun they think is good, is actually good?

if they're name-dropping a tech that you trust then you can go on that basis, but usually the best you can hope for is to tot up the value of any big-ticket parts in the build.

41 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

It certainly is.

"Does not come with a Mag."

So in other words... its useless. And 200 quid. What's the point?