Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

It’s the post office / Parcel Force insurance that bumps it up

I have literally just posted a rif Parcel Force 48

£100 value of item cover £13.14

Up to £250 cover was £24, so the seller in my opinion is just covering his bases 👍

Yup, that's what I'd expect it to cost.  Anyone charging less is risking being out of pocket.

Although there used to be a £100 limit listed on either the ParcelFarce or RoyalFail sites, but that seems to have gone now.  Or at least I can't find it, which isn't necessarily the same thing. 

It might be quite the bun fight if they dug up and revealed a secret limit later, after taking your money for providing extra cover.

[EDIT] Found it here: https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

This the wording that contradicts other pages, as it says that they won't send any firearms, components, RIFs or any sort of toy gun, except for low powered air weapons.  We've had a handbag fight over this before, but seems clear that the Post Office will accept honestly described RIFs, and if they take the money, they create a contract.

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
  2. These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
  3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available

I reckon if you declare it honestly (and can prove that) and if they take the money for extra cover, you should be OK.  Although there's some danger that they might say "Here's your £100 plus what you paid for extra cover, go whistle for the rest." about 6 months down the line.

5 hours ago, novioman said:

Parcelforce won’t pay anymore than a £100 compensation for any type of gun, so paying for extra insurance is just a waste of money. 

This is the only way my local post-mistress will accept a RIF to send - no additional compensation can be be applied and she reads the rules as £100 cover only, so that's the way I've been sending them.

I tell her 'low powered air weapon for sporting use'.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I reckon if you declare it honestly (and can prove that) and if they take the money for extra cover, you should be OK.  Although there's some danger that they might say "Here's your £100 plus what you paid for extra cover, go whistle for the rest." about 6 months down the line.

I would wager that they would just retort with this part of their policy and politely tell you to jog on.

image.png.b74aef57c13f15dcd39b39063dd60230.png

That pretty much sums up every RIF.

Edited by Speedbird_666

7 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

£24 postage! - last RIF I sent an month or so ago (a heavy E&L AK with a bunch of mags) cost me £13 via PF48.

Nice enough gun otherwise.

Where are you posting from? it usually costs me £13 Just for a pistol parcel force 48. By the time you add packaging it cost me the best part of £25 to send a rifle pf48

34 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Where are you posting from? it usually costs me £13 Just for a pistol parcel force 48. By the time you add packaging it cost me the best part of £25 to send a rifle pf48

My village PO charged me £16 for a standard-sized RIF box but with a heavy E&L AK plus a bunch of metal mid-cap mags taped to the side (just under 6Kg).

She also knocks off another 15% because I have a Rewards4U card from ParcelForce (ask at the counter or apply online - free with no requirements). Total price was a smidge over £14. Last plastic-bodied RIF (<5kg) I sent cost £11 with the 15% discount via PF48. I've checked the pricing on PF website and it hasn't changed since I last sent a RIF in April.

image.png.45e734c88bbdaa1b28fd00cb7ff1027c.png

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Add 60 on for shipping and customs on to the price. 65 for the MOSFET, on idea on the silencer or the mags I could see all that costing £300 ish new. Still wouldn't pay that for a second hand cyma mp5

Edited by BigStew

• Supporters
12 hours ago, BigStew said:

Add 60 on for shipping and customs on to the price. 65 for the MOSFET, on idea on the silencer or the mags I could see all that costing £300 ish new. Still wouldn't pay that for a second hand cyma mp5

The Gemtech is available for about 60EUR (plus shipping of course), the mags are £10 each from Patrolbase.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Something a bit different, not really sure what to think of it (not the shop, but the product + price)

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/gate-status-matt-black-blu-link

That's the same price that Gate are charging on their own webstore so they're not overcharging per se, I really don't see the point of the product though. You'd also need a BluLink compatible Mosfet for this to work (Aster or Titan).

• Supporters

So this chap wants 240 🦑 for a gun built from his junk bin AND the fecking things not even working properly so it’s become in his own words “a cheap do it upper for someone who knows what they’re doing”(unlike OP it would appear ?) ok ! 😳
Definitely the bargain of the week children ! 🤦‍♂️

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/electric-rifles-smg-s/3232387-xm177-‘nam-carbine

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

So this chap wants 240 🦑 for a gun built from his junk bin

"They were build from junk bins at the time" is a pretty clever gambit though, I have to give him credit for the chutzpah.

£300 for a WE M4? But it's got a PTS grip and trigger guard so that's ok. Looking back he was trying to sell it for £600 as a BCM build he'd built but never skirmished. Seems like someone just wanted the rail so he decided to split it all. Trouble is he's expecting to make back all the money he poured into it. 

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/gas-gbb-rifles-smg-s/3232731-we-m4-cqb-unskirmished

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/gas-gbb-rifles-smg-s/3230670-we-bcm-mcmr-build-as-new

2 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

What is the equivalent value to an abused MWS? 

Hmm...

It seems mentioning the issues regarding the condition has still not being enough to not draw scrutiny towards this listing. 

I'll try to at least jump in to clear up some doubts before I inevitably succumb to the unwinnable war that is macks dreamers.

If by abused you mean:

• Chips in the receiver where the previous owner has stupidly butchered trying to remove the trigger unit (which I apologise I have failed to specifically mention removal of the trigger box, rather only mentioning the external damage)
  • A cracked trigger guard 

for which I have mentioned the wear, and then provided a shooting video

Then I am guilty 💀

I have refreshed the photos of the listing once again, in every area as well as the bolt/FCG to show how little round count this 'abused' MWS has had. (whereby any long term MWS owner will be able to tell how much shooting time this has actually had by the wear to the in-battery sear and cocking extrusion on the bolt)

Once again, the owner has stupidly damaged the external condition the RIF in the areas he had tried to tinker, and I have relieved him of it before he inevitably caused more harm to one of our precious Marui blasters.

Edited by Pigeon_Haris

That looks pretty used for less than a thousand rounds (why's the lock ring on the stock tube so scratched?) that's barely one use so I'm already suspicious as to why anyone would have seen the need to take it apart anyway.

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

£18 for a replica SADF M83 vest. 

These things go for exorbitant amounts of money here lmao.

We're talking €50+

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

That looks pretty used for less than a thousand rounds (why's the lock ring on the stock tube so scratched?) that's barely one use so I'm already suspicious as to why anyone would have seen the need to take it apart anyway.

The 'Lock Ring'

Castle nut.

The paint is worn as it is a very thin coating TM uses for all their guns. A heavy steel wrench will wear away the paint quickly. (if you are too lazy to cover with a cloth)

The 'Lock Ring' was removed to remove the buffer tube, and in turn give easier access to the trigger box (while preventing further receiver damage).

In turn, providing an easier tapping angle when I removed it a second time to inspect it.

Your 'Suspicion' of it being taken apart rests on the basis of the motives of the previous owner taking it apart, despite providing a shooting video to show it is functioning regardless of what has been attempted.

I shall contact MI6 to investigate and find reasoning why the previous owner of his own free will decided to explore the inner workings of his GBBR he purchased with his own money.

3 hours ago, Skara said:

These things go for exorbitant amounts of money here lmao.

We're talking €50+

Genuine ones do but I'm sure that's a knock off as real ones didn't come in black. 

32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Genuine ones do but I'm sure that's a knock off as real ones didn't come in black. 

Genuine ones go for around the €120 mark, if you can find them.

I was referring to clones, they're crazy expensive here :D

16 hours ago, Pigeon_Haris said:

The 'Lock Ring'

Castle nut.

The paint is worn as it is a very thin coating TM uses for all their guns. A heavy steel wrench will wear away the paint quickly. (if you are too lazy to cover with a cloth)

The 'Lock Ring' was removed to remove the buffer tube, and in turn give easier access to the trigger box (while preventing further receiver damage).

In turn, providing an easier tapping angle when I removed it a second time to inspect it.

Your 'Suspicion' of it being taken apart rests on the basis of the motives of the previous owner taking it apart, despite providing a shooting video to show it is functioning regardless of what has been attempted.

I shall contact MI6 to investigate and find reasoning why the previous owner of his own free will decided to explore the inner workings of his GBBR he purchased with his own money.

Apologies for using incorrect terms, I'm new at this.

I'm also a sceptical git and there's enough scammers out there for something like this to be a flag for me. Thanks for the additional info, I'm sure it'll be useful for whoever buys it from you to know a bit more about it's history.

Let me know how you get on with MI6, I'm still waiting for them to get back to me as to why there was no toy in my Frosties on the 27th of October, 1987.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

£18 for a replica SADF M83 vest. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mil-Tec-Tactical-Airsoft-Combat-Military-Assault-Vest-w-Pouches-Black-/162694546826?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1 just under £40 new, £18 all in seems pretty reasonable to me.