Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Impressively overpriced

" it’s very impressive but I’m a plinker and not a gamer so way above my needs"

spacer.png

What? He was hoping it would perform worse than it does? The reasons people give make no sense.

Read as:

'Cost more than I'd have liked to spend for what I'm using it for... which is why I'm selling it for about £25 more than you can get it elsewhere in the UK brand new.'

Links for reference:

FNX 45 (Yes it's currently out of stock, but they're restocked with Marui frequently enough to feel like even the most impatient can wait... though I may be wildly underestimating folks patience.)

Suppressor

Assuming the seller actually looks for advice regarding pricing, £130 all in is likely the region I'd be listing it for. Let that be a lesson in shopping around.

• Supporters
On 28/05/2021 at 14:17, Speedbird_666 said:

Broken lower receiver (trigger guard)....check

Not been used in ages.....check

Wants more than retail....check

Yeah....good deal...🙄

I’ll give him his dews he’s persistent, it’s back up again ! 😳

£22.55 from Brownell's (in OD green or black and brown)  and a further £5.99 for delivery £28.54 total brand new (70% of retail would be £19.99)

Strike 1

£31.90 again brownell's, £5.99 delivery. £37.89 total brand new (70% retail would be £26.52)

Strike 2

£67.65 Brownell's, 5.99 delivery. Total £73.64 brand new (70% retail would make this £51.55)

Strike 3, you're out!

I get that it's real steal stuff but even at 80% of retail value those items seems a bit over priced to me. Those prices are so close to retail that I'd buy new just to the new item smell and the unboxing/opening experience of a new item. Maybe I'm being unreasonable here? 

Edited by Encore
Spelling, grammer and typo's

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Encore said:

Maybe I'm being unreasonable here? 

In a word ? NO .😉

This POS build is close to becoming a meme within our team.

I have a friend who is waiting for an MWS to come up for sale. I keep reminding him this is available and still at the bargain price of £900

We make jokes.. its goes quite.. we pity the person who paid money to produce this. 

5 minutes ago, Groot said:

I have a friend who is waiting for an MWS to come up for sale. I keep reminding him this is available and still at the bargain price of £900

We make jokes.. its goes quite.. we pity the person who paid money to produce this. 

Mws with good stuff removed and shit stuff added...MOAR MUNNIES PLEASE.

5d1qtp.jpg

46 minutes ago, Encore said:

£22.55 from Brownell's (in OD green or black and brown)  and a further £5.99 for delivery £28.54 total brand new (70% of retail would be £19.99)

Strike 1

£31.90 again brownell's, £5.99 delivery. £37.89 total brand new (70% retail would be £26.52)

Strike 2

£67.65 Brownell's, 5.99 delivery. Total £73.64 brand new (70% retail would make this £51.55)

Strike 3, you're out!

I get that it's real steal stuff but even at 80% of retail value those items seems a bit over priced to me. Those prices are so close to retail that I'd buy new just to the new item smell and the unboxing/opening experience of a new item. Maybe I'm being unreasonable here? 

Yeah your probably right, but a price can only come down right? 

I've amended the used pistol grip but the hand-stop and Ergo are brand new so I'm sticking at those prices. Plus with the issue's with US air freight it took nearly 2 months to get here...

Time is money and all that.

Personally I only feel the need to apply the '70% retail' to used items. If your selling something brand new I think its irrelevant. 

13 minutes ago, quango2k said:

Mws with good stuff removed and shit stuff added...MOAR MUNNIES PLEASE.

5d1qtp.jpg

uPGradE

21 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Yeah your probably right, but a price can only come down right? 

I've amended the used pistol grip but the hand-stop and Ergo are brand new so I'm sticking at those prices. Plus with the issue's with US air freight it took nearly 2 months to get here...

Time is money and all that.

Personally I only feel the need to apply the '70% retail' to used items. If your selling something brand new I think its irrelevant. 

But they're not (a bit blunt, but not trying to be rude) both those two items, you say you have tested fitted so by definition they can not be brand new. You can say they're used but like new or open box but definitely not brand new. 

The general consensus on this forum tends to be unless its from a retailer, you don't class something as new even if unopened. Part of paying full retail price is the customer support and warranty they are legally obligated to provide. Something you as a private non commercial seller don't have to do. 

Again, not to familiar with the real steal market but I think the same rules still largely apply. Someone chime in if have more experience/info to offer.

Edited by Encore

32 minutes ago, Encore said:

But they're not (a bit blunt, but not trying to be rude) both those two items, you say you have tested fitted so by definition they can not be brand new. You can say they're used but like new or open box but definitely not brand new. 

The general consensus on this forum tends to be unless its from a retailer, you don't class something as new even if unopened. Part of paying full retail price is the customer support and warranty they are legally obligated to provide. Something you as a private non commercial seller don't have to do. 

Again, not to familiar with the real steal market but I think the same rules still largely apply. Someone chime in if have more experience/info to offer.

You can’t really boil anything down to a general consensus. The 60-70% is more a starting point based on retail prices if you’re entirely clueless on a fair price (which is why that’ll often be the outcome of advice on appraisal threads), but it’s much more a guideline than anything else.

Real steal, airsoft, brand new, used is all largely irrelevant. There are two things that really matter in all of it in regard to those terms which are condition and warranty (or lack thereof). The other things to consider being availability, desirability, whether the price is an ‘all in’ price (which based on previous experience of buying from Rob I believe they are, please correct me if I’m wrong @RMDavis) and whether the seller is looking to shift their wares quickly.

The only reason I’d personally be considering adjusting any price down on would be on the K2, despite the fact that within theory the cerakoting would increase the value it makes it more niche so the chances of a quicker sale would likely see a lower price… if the seller doesn’t care about ‘shifting things quickly’ then that’s largely irrelevant.

As noted at the top of this post, the 60-70% is a guideline not a rule and there are various things (mostly subjective) which can adjust that percentage up on down from either the seller or the buyers perspective. My perspective as a ‘bystander’ prices a fine, but I’d expect them to take a while to sell at those prices because they aren’t ‘hype items’ that all the cool folks on YouTube that airsofters tend to watch are running around using. Now, that’s not to say they’re bad by any stretch… they’re just not rammed down your throat like Magpul and BCM tend to be as a consumer in the UK picking up RS kit (and no, that’s not to say I think Magpul or BCM are bad either… simply better/more prolific marketing).

Edited by alxndrhll

Just because something has been removed from it's packaging, it doesn't magically lose 30% of it's value.  Sure, it may not be brand new and sealed but who really cares if something has been opened and test fitted and then put back in the packaging.  As long as someone hasn't fucked it up with scratches and stuff from the fitting, so what?  Is it any different from a retailer, in this case Airsoft Global stating this?

"Whenever we test any guns, scratch can't be avoided.
Therefore, we are hoping that you may consider carefully before you purchase it!
But we can guarantee that all items are brand new."

If someone has gone to the trouble of going through the waiting time of importing something, paying customs fees etc, I see no reason why you wouldn't pay a bit less than the "brand new" price to save that time and end with something in the same state as it will be when you open the packet.

The whole paying full price for customer support and warranty is also kind of overrated.  Sure, for some stuff you absolutely want that in case it's properly borked but I'd guess lots of things can easily be sorted for lower that the cost of return postage to a retailer.  You just have to evaluate the risk on an item by item basis.  You're pretty safe with accessories and similar, especially ones that don't involve any electronics.

I think at the end of the day, just be honest and make sure stuff is described accurately.  Now if people are trying to pass stuff like a RIF off as "only skirmished once, as new", and trying to get retail price, now that's a no no.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Groot said:

notice it’s magpul ‘STYLE’ down grip, 551 ‘STYLE’ sight and a magpul pts ‘TRADEMARK’ stock. All suggesting but not actually saying genuine ?

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

notice it’s magpul ‘STYLE’ down grip, 551 ‘STYLE’ sight and a magpul pts ‘TRADEMARK’ stock. All suggesting but not actually saying genuine ?

I don't think there is much left to the imagination with the phrasing, seems entirely honest. The grip is genuine ergo grip (as the photo suggests), the stock is the PTS licenced Magpul MOE and the rest of the external bits are repro parts.

I'm usually all for going through a build with a heap of crap on/in it to figure out where the value is... but on this occasion I'm inclined to agree that it's just an MWS with all the good bits replaced. If I want a RIF that takes Glock mags I'll get a... checks notes... Glock.

Not to say it's over priced, though I suspect it is in terms of a price it'll actually sell at, but that is one hell of a niche thing to try and sell for such a steep price.

Now I don't know much about the ngrs, their upgrades or how much they go for. However £900 seems pretty steep and putting is as collection only seems incredibly optimistic. The real crime here though is that he reposted it FOUR FUCKING TIMES!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Now I don't know much about the ngrs, their upgrades or how much they go for. However £900 seems pretty steep and putting is as collection only seems incredibly optimistic. The real crime here though is that he reposted it FOUR FUCKING TIMES!

Yes I think he’s a foreign chap as I asked him how many guns he was selling and he came back with a rather bemused “only one ? “ reply ! 🤣🤣

• Supporters
On 12/06/2021 at 12:31, rocketdogbert said:

Impressively overpriced

Wow. £45 cheaper to just buy a new one from the very place he bought that one from. Bargain.

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Wow. £45 cheaper to just buy a new one from the very place he bought that one from. Bargain.

This appears to be the more exspensive version at £239.00. however that should include a micro dot as well as the suppressor but op has failed to mention the red dot.

5 hours ago, BigStew said:

This appears to be the more exspensive version at £239.00. however that should include a micro dot as well as the suppressor but op has failed to mention the red dot.

The red dot does appear to be missing from any of the pictures and certainly seems to have been there originally as the packaging has the cut out for it to fit 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, BigStew said:

I shouldn't think that mixing microdots and airsoft would work too well, especially the purple ohms.   They mong you out like fuck.  

19 minutes ago, BigStew said:

£230 for a TM MP7 GBBR with body damage, selector issues and a god awful paint job https://prefired.co.uk/ads/custom-tokyo-marui-mp7-gbb/ 

Mother of god, that's the worst thing I've seen in a while. Falling to bits and shilling a corporate clothing brand in one not so neat package. What a tool.