Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Holly #£#* 100 quid over new for an additional mag pouch and nicad battery https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/electric-powered/tokyo-marui-p90_i27146 . ok red faced re read 4 68 rd mags included they are just ask the equivalent of buying the whole package new. 

Edited by BigStew

• Supporters

that's a lot o' schmeckles for something with an unknown problem.

sure if it's something simple to fix then it ain't so bad but for all the info given this thing could be wrecked inside.

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's a lot o' schmeckles for something with an unknown problem.

sure if it's something simple to fix then it ain't so bad but for all the info given this thing could be wrecked inside.

I've made an enquiry about this but I will not be offering the full asking price due to travelling and as you say it could be wrecked.

looks nice though 😁

Here is the original

As @hoggym4 mentions there is no mention of boneyard status. It looks as if working proof was not asked for or provided, which is a shame. @Neil Carter however should be given the chance to respond but hey its Mack's so who knows. 

I am with @strykerles in that it does look like a tasty bit of kit.

4 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Here is the original

As @hoggym4 mentions there is no mention of boneyard status. It looks as if working proof was not asked for or provided, which is a shame. @Neil Carter however should be given the chance to respond but hey its Mack's so who knows. 

I am with @strykerles in that it does look like a tasty bit of kit.

It will look good hanging on my wall if I can't fix it :D

• Supporters

Have to say I’m a bit on the wall over this one , as has been mentioned not a great deal of info BUT to my untrusting nature it comes across more as a lack of knowledge as to what the fault is rather than the blatant bullshitery of the original advert ? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Have to say I’m a bit on the wall over this one , as has been mentioned not a great deal of info BUT to my untrusting nature it comes across more as a lack of knowledge as to what the fault is rather than the blatant bullshitery of the original advert ? 🤔

I wanted to try teching a bolt action so worth a punt, makes a nice display piece if it's completeely borked

• Supporters
Just now, strykerles said:

I wanted to try teching a bolt action so worth a punt, makes a nice display piece if it's completeely borked

Yup as wise inbred country folk would say “sure is a perdy gun !” 😍

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

It's a tricky issue.

It is entirely possible this could be some very simple tweak required. I've seen folk get epic deals on "boneyard" guns that ended up a 10s job with a clearing rod to sort.

Likewise there could be a broken part (especially if its a proprietary part) that will be a bastard to replace/fix.

If there was some info as to what the problem is (low fps, poor/no feeding, inconsistent hop, etc) then it'd make deciding which is which a lot easier.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

It's a tricky issue.

It is entirely possible this could be some very simple tweak required. I've seen folk get epic deals on "boneyard" guns that ended up a 10s job with a clearing rod to sort.

Likewise there could be a broken part (especially if its a proprietary part) that will be a bastard to replace/fix.

If there was some info as to what the problem is (low fps, poor/no feeding, inconsistent hop, etc) then it'd make deciding which is which a lot easier.

I'm picking the rifle up tomorrow

after discussion with the owner, after replacing the hop unit with a new one it fired a couple of times then stopped feeding. could be a hop rubber issue, mag issue I don't know

I'll make a help post if I can't sort it :D

Edited by strykerles

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, strykerles said:

I'm picking the rifle up tomorrow

after discussion with the owner, after replacing the hop unit with a new one it fired a couple of times then stopped feeding. could be a hop rubber issue, mag issue I don't know

I'll make a help post if I can't sort it :D

Best of luck with it, hopefully my paranoid side is wrong, that things too shiny to not be on the field.

• Supporters

So basically it’s not been used in over a year and he’s knocked 50quid off the price of buying a new one that actually has a warrantee with it ? OK moving on ! 

Hi there, thanks for the feedback, as I was really unsure on where to price this. Could you possibly message me with some constructive assistance?

32 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

So basically it’s not been used in over a year and he’s knocked 50quid off the price of buying a new one that actually has a warrantee with it ? OK moving on ! 

49 minutes ago, Pixilus said:

Hi there, thanks for the feedback, as I was really unsure on where to price this. Could you possibly message me with some constructive assistance?

By my maths (and an attempt to navigate the not particularly easy to follow options on DCA) you're not far of the mark as you are. The total of what you've got listed seems to be £1100 give or take (£975 for the upgraded RIF, £125 for the EPMs). Taking the very broad sweeping general advice of 60-70% you at a range of £660-£770. Marui's tend to hold value well and yours looks to be in superb condition based on the photos. For the whole lot I actually think your price is pretty fair (expensive, but not overpriced) and despite varying opinions upgraded Marui's with Titans are desirable (albeit a big 'buyer beware' due to there being a Titan in there and no warranty from the person that installed it).

Only thing I might suggest to make the price a bit less eye watering to those that might be interested would be to split the EPMs out. Sell those for £80-£90, and knock that much off the price for the RIF. Food for thought at the very least, I'm sure opinions will vary but as I said in the first paragraph expensive but not overpriced.

Edit: Apologies for this grim reminder as to how much this lot cost in the first place.

Edited by alxndrhll

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

By my maths (and an attempt to navigate the not particularly easy to follow options on DCA) you're not far of the mark as you are. The total of what you've got listed seems to be £1100 give or take (£975 for the upgraded RIF, £125 for the EPMs). Taking the very broad sweeping general advice of 60-70% you at a range of £660-£770. Marui's tend to hold value well and yours looks to be in superb condition based on the photos. For the whole lot I actually think your price is pretty fair (expensive, but not overpriced) and despite varying opinions upgraded Marui's with Titans are desirable (albeit a big 'buyer beware' due to there being a Titan in there and no warranty from the person that installed it).

Only thing I might suggest to make the price a bit less eye watering to those that might be interested would be to split the EPMs out. Sell those for £80-£90, and knock that much off the price for the RIF. Food for thought at the very least, I'm sure opinions will vary but as I said in the first paragraph expensive but not overpriced.

Edit: Apologies for this grim reminder as to how much this lot cost in the first place.

Haha... Yeah not particularly proud of how much I spent on it considering I barely used it. I did go for around the 70% mark totalling everything, but maybe it was still a little too much. I will keep in mind splitting the mags, but I would imagine someone would definitely want them if they bought the rif.

Yeah I'm pretty new here too, never sold a rif before so y'know. Bought quite a lot from this forum though lol. Thanks for the good feedback.

53 minutes ago, Pixilus said:

Haha... Yeah not particularly proud of how much I spent on it considering I barely used it. I did go for around the 70% mark totalling everything, but maybe it was still a little too much. I will keep in mind splitting the mags, but I would imagine someone would definitely want them if they bought the rif.

Yeah I'm pretty new here too, never sold a rif before so y'know. Bought quite a lot from this forum though lol. Thanks for the good feedback.

Only other advice, which I meant to put in my previous post and forgot, would be that if you wind up in a similar situation when putting something in the classifieds and you're not certain on pricing don't be afraid to pop it in the appraisals section first. It'll generally serve you well to show you've at least made an effort by putting some photos in there, and if you have any idea of what sort of price you'd be looking for (whether that's with or without your working).

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Pixilus said:

I did go for around the 70% mark totalling everything

I think it's reasonable enough to the right buyer.  That means someone who wants that exact package, and has that money ready to hand.

I wonder how much interest free credit offers from retailers are going to factor into that. £750 now versus £100 next month (then the future will take care of itself) might appeal to some. I'm really not a fan of credit culture, but the reality is that it makes dreams come true (at the cost of some future nightmares).

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I wonder how much interest free credit offers from retailers are going to factor into that. £750 now versus £100 next month (then the future will take care of itself) might appeal to some. I'm really not a fan of credit culture, but the reality is that it makes dreams come true (at the cost of some future nightmares).

That is a really interesting point that I had never thought of before.

With most retailers offering credit options, it makes you wonder how big-ticket items will sell second hand (at a reasonable value for the seller) unless they are discontinued and/or collectable products.

Say, if you are in the market for a high-end pre-upgraded TM NGRS package, you might think to yourself that it's worth paying the extra 30% to be A) able to buy it new and setup exactly how you want it straight away, B) comes with a retailers warranty and finally C) Pay it off in monthly installments.

Tangent:

Having experienced my own credit nightmares in the past (and all totally my fault)- I've had to work my butt off to be totally debt and finance free. Something I only achieved early this year after a decade or so of worry, sleepless nights and very nearly a divorce. The way credit is being thrown around on nearly every major retailer's website is scary, and it's so easy to be sucked in. But make one mistake (i.e. a late or missed payment) then your lovely interest-free purchase becomes a very nasty interest-attracting debt with sky-high rates. Make a few of those mistakes (and it can happen easier than you think) then you are completely fucked.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

But make one mistake (i.e. a late or missed payment) then your lovely interest-free purchase becomes a very nasty interest-attracting debt with sky-high rates

That, exactly.  I'm sorry to hear you got sucked into that and it's great that you've finally climbed out of the hole.

Lenders who aren't charging interest are reliant on preying on people who can't afford to pay it back.  Low interest rates are the twigs and leaves covering the elephant trap of usurious debt collection, and it's long past time that this practice was looked into to see what actually keeps these companies going.

Rant aside, until that happens, it's a real consideration for 2nd hand sales. And inflation makes interest free credit even cheaper by the time you've paid it back - even if you do have the lump sum up front, you might as well use interest free credit to benefit from that.  In fact, the only time I'd use credit now is to exploit it when I don't need it.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Pixilus said:

What you playing at ? Coming back with a polite reply !😱😁

Was Just a ‘gut reaction’ on first impression of your sales post from a jaded old fart of a player Who took it at face value .😉

12 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Only other advice, which I meant to put in my previous post and forgot, would be that if you wind up in a similar situation when putting something in the classifieds and you're not certain on pricing don't be afraid to pop it in the appraisals section first. It'll generally serve you well to show you've at least made an effort by putting some photos in there, and if you have any idea of what sort of price you'd be looking for (whether that's with or without your working).

Ah thanks, I didn't even know about the appraisals section, will keep that in mind for next time.

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

What you playing at ? Coming back with a polite reply !😱😁

Was Just a ‘gut reaction’ on first impression of your sales post from a jaded old fart of a player Who took it at face value .😉

I guess I got the wrong impression from it 😅